It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found an EVP in an iTunes song

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I must say, this thread was filled with a bit more drama then was necessary. If it was a bit longer since his last post, I would have suspected the OP had left the thread in a huff, like he threatened too.

For the sake of a learning experience, lets have a bit of a break down.

1. To those who accused the op of trying to promote a song; might I point out that he bent over backwards to give you free samples of the song. He didn't ask anyone to run out and buy the CD, he asked if anyone already had it.

2. The fellow that want to know what the OP thought he heard was not out of bounds. But the OP's responses and his responses were not really all that helpful. Repeating the same thing over and over again tends to NOT give you proper communication.

But I'm offa my high horse now.

So on topic then. My question would be, if this is a recording artifact, would iTunes have used a different audio file for their preview then for the actual CD? Maybe it won't show up on the CD cause it was remastered.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Vaykun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Star for just figuring a way out on sneaking a buffilaxed video in a thread

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Goathief hit the nail on the head on this one in my honest humble opinion

Peace
edit on 9-7-2011 by Unrivaled1 because: to add a smile

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There is massive reverb throughout the songs, the parts you're pointing out just make it more obvious because of the pauses. I've recorded tons of songs, spent tons of time recording, I have a few albums out and I can tell you that.. that is not an EVP, it's an element of the song.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Forteana

Yeah, i can hear it too.

I don't know if you can hear it from loud-speakers, but headphones does the trick. (Roccat Kave's are awesome btw)

It sounds like sentence, about 2-3 words maybe? No way to figure out what it is.

Although i have a feeling it's not anything special, just some background talk to fit to music. Nice catch, but i think youre hoping for too much.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Forteana

_javascript:icon('
')
Wow I think you found your golden ticket, to fame and fortune in the world of EVP's . HaHaHa.

second line.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just revisiting the thread, and saw where Charmed707 says to crank up the volume and put your ear to the speaker...

I can hear it, too! On both the CD and the MySpace link.
Sorry for the misinformation that I gave earlier. I was listening through my laptop speakers, and I guess it wasn't turned up loud enough.

I have no idea what that "whisper-talking" is, though.

edit on 9-7-2011 by SkyLiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah I heard it too, first time in fact.

Sounds to be like ambient background noise, like when Jamey was laying down the track, there was people having a conversation n the background.

So I reckon thats what can be heard, would be interesting if anyone has the know how with some sound equipment which can isolate, and amplify the segments in question, as it may indicate the origin of what can be heard.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Sounds to be like ambient background noise, like when Jamey was laying down the track, there was people having a conversation n the background.

If in fact that's what is was they intended for it to be there. There is no way people just happened to be talking in the background at a pro recording studio and no one noticed it and it made it's way into the finished song.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Gotta agree, to me it just sounds like somebody talking in the background that one of the mics picked up. It could have been easily missed during production and all that.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
reply to post by Goathief

Gotta agree, to me it just sounds like somebody talking in the background that one of the mics picked up. It could have been easily missed during production and all that.

If you can hear it on the finished track, it could not have been easily missed in production.
I've been in the music industry for 30+ years and every track is soloed and listened to by itself.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
What is an EVP? What is the song? Who is the artist?

EVP is short for Electronic Voice Phenomenon. Usually it is attributed to ghosts and ghost hunting. The idea is that you can sometimes capture the voice of a ghost on a tape recorder.

Now, that said, I highly doubt what the OP heard is an EVP. Sometimes if you listen close, you can hear some one in the band say or whisper something quietly and it does not get noticed and edited out. In fact, I think there are a couple beatles songs where that is the case.

You can hear it on the remastered Albums released by the beatles not too long ago....

But yeah, chances are it is one of the band members saying or whispering something that did not get cut out because it went un noticed.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Jamie Cullum has talking in a lot of his track, a lot of background noise that most artist would cut out.

This is because he believes it makes the music more natural, and gives it a more live feeling (he's a jazz musician, a lot of what he does is random).

I can guarantee that's what this guy has done.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I already told you why you are wrong, you must not have read my posts all the way through..

I'll repeat what I said earlier for your benefit..

A sound recorder can record a range of sounds exceeding human hearing, and it amplifies this sound so it can be played back and you can hear it..

This is basic knowledge sound 101 ... the frequencies get altered by the recorder because they have been greatly amplified.. bleed over effect into audible range is just one aspect..

Hello mcFly, anyone home?
edit on 9-7-2011 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2011 by alienreality because: ETA

You are wrong.. Go get a microphone, hit record, and blow a dog whistle into it. When you play the recording you will not hear the whistle!! Microphones and recording sounds do not magically make the human ear able to hear high frequencies. Sorry dude, you're making yourself look dumb here! Just stop!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Can you record it and upload so we can hear???

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Not only does this not sound like talking to me, it also doesn't sound like any kind of background ambience.

What it does sound like is his fingers moving about on the guitar strings.

Skip to 47 seconds and you'll hear what I'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Can you record it and upload so we can hear???

If you're talking about the Jamey Johnson song, I linked to it on page 2...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron & Forteana

I think what is happening between the two of you is that Death_Kron is asking you what you're hearing, and Forteana you are taking that as a general request (i.e. an EVP). However, Forteana, I think Death_Kron is asking you what exactly you think the EVP is saying. Not that you think its an EVP. Correct me if I'm wrong Death_Kron. Just thought maybe I could help out the situation.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanhippi
Jamie Cullum has talking in a lot of his track, a lot of background noise that most artist would cut out.

This is because he believes it makes the music more natural, and gives it a more live feeling (he's a jazz musician, a lot of what he does is random).

I can guarantee that's what this guy has done.

Yeah I heard it a few times over the years.

Metallica had James Hetfield talking and laughing at the end of the Death Magnetic album and on the St Anger album the recording process was so raw you can hear conversations, live backing tracks and other things.

Korn did it on their last album (Korn III - Remember Who You Are) by going back to analog tape recording and you can hear various takes and conversations between songs or at the beginning/end (like at the start of "Let The Guilt Go" you can hear someone say "That's a good intro").

Also they had conversation at the start of "Clown" from their debut album.

System Of A Down had Serj saying "We're rolling 'Suicide'" at the start of "Chop Suey!" when it was under the previous working title during recording.

List goes on but regardless, I agree with you and Soldier of God in saying the talking was probably meant to be there.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It's just the way he sings.
You can hear it on the end of any other word he says ending in a "S", it's like he pauses right before the end of a word and then adds in the "s" sound and at that one moment in the song it does sound a little odd but it is clearly generated from his voice and you can hear it on the end of other words as well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join