It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found an EVP in an iTunes song

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

99.9% really???

I wonder if you are also tone deaf?

Okay, everything in life is just pareidolia so you can live in a denial driven fantasy world..

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
The way to tell for sure is to examine the evp for the frequency of sound and see if it is like most evp's being outside the range of human hearing.. The recording equipment can pick it up and make it audible to human hearing, but the frequency of sound it was captured in could very well be outside the range like a lot of evp's are...

Hogwash.

If a sound is out of range of human ears, it's out of range. A microphone alone will not magically make it audible.

This example is not an EVP, plain and simple. Occam's razor.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

The way to tell for sure is to examine the evp for the frequency of sound and see if it is like most evp's being outside the range of human hearing.. The recording equipment can pick it up and make it audible to human hearing, but the frequency of sound it was captured in could very well be outside the range like a lot of evp's are...

Hogwash.

If a sound is out of range of human ears, it's out of range. A microphone alone will not magically make it audible.

This example is not an EVP, plain and simple. Occam's razor.

Well, you just proved you don't understand this at all I'm sorry to say...

The microphone can easily hear sounds that the human ear cannot hear... DUH

When it records it, it is also amplifying it when it gets imprinted onto the recording media....

You can then hear it because it has been amplified...

Any soundman (or woman) can tell you this..

..also, I never said this was an evp...

edit on 9-7-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Forteana

What song is it.? Any popular song is produced with insane amounts of money and is listened to clinically over and over. If something odd is in there its because they want it in there

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

No, it's you who is not understanding. I am a "sound man", it is my profession (duh - you obviously haven't read this thread properly).

For an example; if we record a very high frequency sound which is inaudible to humans using a microphone and played it back through a big speaker (amplifying the sound) it will still be inaudible because the frequency of the sound has not changed.

If we recorded the high frequency sound and then play the recording back at a slower speed (lowering the pitch/frequency in the process) it would then become audible. Did you hear about the singing mice? That is how it was recorded, not through amplification alone.

I'll accept your apology.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Artists put weird things in their songs like this all the time. Ive done this myself in the studio when me n our singer put a loada whispering underneath as an inside joke as we were making fun of one of our other members. It doesnt mean its anyhthing paranormal at all. Sound engineers hear everything and are aware of anything n if a sounds in there they know about it and its a wanted sound.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

No, it's you who is not understanding. I am a "sound man", it is my profession (duh - you obviously haven't read this thread properly).

For an example; if we record a very high frequency sound which is inaudible to humans using a microphone and played it back through a big speaker (amplifying the sound) it will still be inaudible because the frequency of the sound has not changed.

If we recorded the high frequency sound and then play the recording back at a slower speed (lowering the pitch/frequency in the process) it would then become audible. Did you hear about the singing mice? That is how it was recorded, not through amplification alone.

I'll accept your apology.

You obviously don't have an education on how microphones work when it comes to recording sounds that are outside the audible range of human ears

You are making yourself look very foolish...
You should stop now while you have some dignity left...

Just go research electronic voice phenomenon yourself and learn.....

Your answer: no, I'm a soundman and already know everything

LOL give me a break
edit on 9-7-2011 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yeah, yet you can't say how I'm wrong.

Stop projecting yourself.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I already told you why you are wrong, you must not have read my posts all the way through..

I'll repeat what I said earlier for your benefit..

A sound recorder can record a range of sounds exceeding human hearing, and it amplifies this sound so it can be played back and you can hear it..

This is basic knowledge sound 101 ... the frequencies get altered by the recorder because they have been greatly amplified.. bleed over effect into audible range is just one aspect..

Hello mcFly, anyone home?
edit on 9-7-2011 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2011 by alienreality because: ETA

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I already told you why you are wrong, you must not have read my posts all the way through..

I have corrected your misconception.

You have yet to post why my correction is wrong, other than to say "obviously you haven't had an education on this matter" and "I'm making myself look foolish". That is not proving (or disproving) anything.

Weak sauce.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70

Originally posted by Death_Kron
For Christ's sake!

I don't want a bloody link, firstly explain what you think your all hearing..

*you're*

I feel that all your posts were unfair, as though you were looking for a fight, or trying to make the poster sound foolish......... when you could have been more patient with the thread, then listened to a link for yourself--
-------------------------

No time for fools, plenty of explanations have been offered to explain the OP's EVP.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

A sound recorder can record a range of sounds exceeding human hearing,

Correct.

and it amplifies this sound so it can be played back and you can hear it..

Not in this specific instance of a high-frequency sound, say a whistle that only dogs can hear. Making the sound louder will not magically make it audible.

Changing the pitch or frequency will.

This is basic knowledge sound 101

You clearly don't know squat and have been reading on the pseudo-science surrounding EVPs.

Nice edit.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

Artists put weird things in their songs like this all the time. Ive done this myself in the studio when me n our singer put a loada whispering underneath as an inside joke as we were making fun of one of our other members. It doesnt mean its anyhthing paranormal at all. Sound engineers hear everything and are aware of anything n if a sounds in there they know about it and its a wanted sound.

I agree it most likely was meant to be there. No one these days unless recording in Moms basement leaves this kind of stuff in the finished track. As far as "track bleed", yeah maybe if this was recorded years ago on tape but not today with digital recording (Pro Tools, etc...).

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What you are hearing and thinking is an EVP is most likely an effect that the artist put into the song. Artists like to do weird things with songs sometimes to mess with the heads of their listeners. The Beatles were pretty famous for doing this.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

By now you should realize that 99.9% of statistics are made up to make a point

Perhaps I should have specified that some EVPs are actually just the voices of the people in the room at the time of recording. Pareidolia is responsible for the vast majority of "unexplained" EVPs though. There's nothing more going on there than people finding patterns in background/white noise and then interpreting what they hear into English. Which by the way can be done with foreign languages as well:

Sounds like that's what they're really saying, power of suggestion and pareidolia hard at work.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I do want to add, that album is awesome!...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

You are quite correct, for the most part. Even if you have tracked and overdubbed 100% digitally (Let's say, to Pro Tools, using an HD3 Accel PCI set up and Digi 192's, just for arguments sake) IF you mix through an analog console (Let's say a Trident Series 80 5.1 console) you will undoubtedly get "crosstalk" which is when the signal from one track bleeds through to another channel. It happens all the time on analog desks. But yes, sound engineers and producers do put weird stuff in songs, and yes we do hear EVERYTHING that is going on, on every track. An EVP, would never accidentally make it onto a master cut of an album.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

what he said, besides tainting my studio monitors with country music(May the Dance Music Gods forgive me) i think what your hearing is nothing more then a artifact thats been picked up by a mic like others have said, also compression (mp3,mp4,ect)you loose the quality , be alot easier to distinguish exactly what it is if it was still in .wav

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Yep...

I can hear it just fine...

cool song too..

what it says i don't know...

but can definitely hear it..

sounds like someone talking...
edit on 9-7-2011 by baddmove because: added words

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yes, bleeding is what its called. It is usually covered over by white noise (hiss) on tracks and they move so very closely together, that its inevitable some will be heard on and into, and sometimes over some cuts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join