It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found an EVP in an iTunes song

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So here's what's happened...

Listening to my CD in my car... I had it turned up louder than normal. Heard something weird. Backed up the CD, listened again, and heard an EVP.

Now I've never heard a EVP from a studio recorded song, but maybe it happens, I dunno.

First thing was to check my song on my computer to see if it had been in the recording process from the computer to CD. But it's on my computer song, thus it must be higher up the chain.

Tonite I checked the song from the original off of iTunes, and the EVP is ON THE SONG FROM iTUNES.

It's from a well known singer, though not his most popular song, but I liked it

What should I do? Is finding an EVP in a iTunes song a big deal? Press release stuff? Or is it common? It's definetly something there that wasn't meant to be there, that's for sure. Can't make out the words but I'm not a pro at EVP deciphering.

Any thoughts appreciated!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I suppose my next step would be to buy the actual physical CD and see if its in there? If so definetly from studio recording, if not, then somewhere in the transfer to iTunes?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
What is an EVP? What is the song? Who is the artist?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Forteana

The Introductions forum is for new members to say hello and introduce themselves (believe it or not...), you have your 20 posts to start a thread so this should have been posted in the Paranormal forum.

Just saying before a mod echoes the above.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
To the one guy, you should wiki electronic voice phenomena. I don't want to say the artist and song right now because it may be a decent finding, I dunno. Just not wanting to share the secret right now.

To the second guy, I just don't get if you don't have 20 posts you can't post something you think is important. This is my biggest gripe about ATS. And if a moderator closes this thread because of that, I'll simply go elsewhere, no worries.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

What's the tune? Let some of the rest of us check it out too!

peace

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forteana
To the second guy, I just don't get if you don't have 20 posts you can't post something you think is important. This is my biggest gripe about ATS. And if a moderator closes this thread because of that, I'll simply go elsewhere, no worries.

I'm just pointing out this isn't the correct area of the board to post this thread.

Edit to add: You do have your 20 posts, so why didn't you put this in the right place?
edit on 9/7/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Look it up, listen to a few online versions of the song. See if this is in other versions too. If so, you have found nothing. If not.... you may have something awesome on your hands but nonetheless it will be hard to say much about it considering you downloaded it from Itunes...

You should heavily considering posting it for us to listen, though

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by agnostimed13

In the correct area of the site...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I'm confused by this response. Isn't this forum posted in the correct area? It's about a possible paranormal occurrence...and this is the paranormal studies forum.

I'm new, so I'm not being a smartass I'm just legitimately asking a question.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS and what song??

Death_Kron are you trying to become a mod? It is not working please let them do the mod job.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
You could have stumbled across some subliminal messaging...let us find out...tell the song and lets see if its trying to tell you to do something (buy pepsi, invest in gold, etc).

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This was originally posted in New Member Introductions because I didn't have 20 posts. But apparently some mod moved it and they listed me at 20 posts? I dunno... in any case...

I'm going to pick up the physical CD tomorrow and see if its in there. If it is, then that's an amazing find in my opinion, am I wrong? If its not, it happened during the digital transfer to iTunes I assume? But it just seems to me if it's on the iTunes track, it's gotta be on the original track.

I'll buy the CD tomorrow and report back.

For now, I'll just say that it's a country song by a fairly new artist.

If there's nothing on the CD, I'll spill the beans. If its on the CD, we'll talk about my next course of action? Because getting an EVP in a studio sounds like a cool feat to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I don't want to say the artist and song right now because it may be a decent finding, I dunno. Just not wanting to share the secret right now.

Oh...ok, you don't want to send forward the potential proof of your claim because...erm...it may be something.

So..why did you make this thread anyhow?
You say some pop song has a potential EVP on it..but won't say the song.
I therefore say your either nuts, or lying...
Prove me wrong..what song is it?
Or, don't prove me wrong and lets just consider this a hoax...

and no...its not a big deal to find anything on a studio record...it may be slightly amusing...but unless it is like, proof of a murder accidently recorded, then meh...if you market the hell out of it, you may get people to acknowledge a "strange fact"...like, if you turn this song up, you can hear the occasional words from the recording studio giving commands from their booth or whatnot.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

why would you post this and keep the song a secret?

this is a waste of time,.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

This was originally posted in New Member Introductions because I didn't have 20 posts. But apparently some mod moved it and they listed me at 20 posts? I dunno... in any case...

I'm going to pick up the physical CD tomorrow and see if its in there. If it is, then that's an amazing find in my opinion, am I wrong? If its not, it happened during the digital transfer to iTunes I assume? But it just seems to me if it's on the iTunes track, it's gotta be on the original track.

I'll buy the CD tomorrow and report back.

For now, I'll just say that it's a country song by a fairly new artist.

If there's nothing on the CD, I'll spill the beans. If its on the CD, we'll talk about my next course of action? Because getting an EVP in a studio sounds like a cool feat to me.

Wasn't being funny mate, just pointing it out regarding the subject area.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Okay, okay, fair enough. I'll spill the beans. Partly because I don't feel like going and buying the actual CD anywho. But I would enjoy full credit if it indeed is a "find".

I'll release this info on behalf of myself, (email Removed by staff) and my local paranormal group, Ohio Valley Anomalies.

The artist is Jamey Johnson. The song is "Even the Skies are Blue". It's about the 50 second mark in my download, but it's sooner on the iTunes version, which is a sample I assume. I'm not too familiar with iTunes to be honest.

It's right after he says, "religion and wars"... that's the best time to hear it. But I hear it also right after the next line, "drugs and divorce" and more in that area. But definetly the best place is just after "religion and wars".

Not a hoax, I'm not pulling anyone's chain. Listen for yourself, it's there.

What I'd really like is for someone who owns the actual CD to listen to it and see if its there as well.

Looking forward to everyone's opinion!

edit on 9-7-2011 by Forteana because: (no reason given)

[Mod Edit - Removed personal email address]
edit on 9/7/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
Welcome to ATS and what song??

Death_Kron are you trying to become a mod? It is not working please let them do the mod job.

Nope, just pointing something out to save hassle.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by agnostimed13
reply to post by Death_Kron

I'm confused by this response. Isn't this forum posted in the correct area? It's about a possible paranormal occurrence...and this is the paranormal studies forum.

I'm new, so I'm not being a smartass I'm just legitimately asking a question.

It wasn't originally.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

You really shouldn't put any personal details up on this site, name, email etc.....

Secondly, youtube only has live versions on the song and I'm not going to buy it just to hear it.

Unless you are this guy plugging your own song?

hmmmm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join