It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive protest in Malaysia RIGHT NOW!!!! I just got tear gassed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
Like they said, safety first man.

Throw the tear gas canisters back.

Exactly, I dream of the day you see the riot police being pushed back and the people on the streets stronger than ever nothing being able to stop them. Stopping a peaceful protest isn't the way it should be so the authorities spit in the air, it will fall back exactly where it came from.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Longer video

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

What exactly are they rioting/gathering for? Is this over wages, expenses and conditions like in the Middle East? Or is this just dissatisfaction with the ruling elite?

I have friends that live in the region so I should give them a call and see what they know and that they are safe.

On that note, stay safe yourself. The last thing we need is you getting caught in the crowd and getting hurt...or worse.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
All I can say is the obvious. Stay safe.

If you can safely get video or pictures, that is always awesome.

Will read the rest of the thread.

Have to take the dog out though. Things are not so..... exciting here at the moment, which I guess is a good thing?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hundreds of cops, thousands of people - PUSH THE COPS BACK.

What the protests are about:

Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur in lockdown ahead of protest

MALAYSIA'S government imposed a massive lockdown on the capital Saturday as thousands of protesters demanding electoral reforms were expected to defy a police ban and hold a rally.

www.heraldsun.com.au...

All the power to the people of Malaysia

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Yeah, but sometimes that is easier said than done, when the cops have equalizers such as guns and tear gas....

I don't know about you, but I am not in a big hurry to push a guy with a gun.... But I guess it depends on how fed up the people are.... When backed into a corner, even the smallest of animals will fight back.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OP, listen to me. I've done riot control in the military, something you and your friends should be aware of.

"Tear Gas" is not actually gas, it's a light dispersant powder. Meaning, if you wear swimming goggles, and a thick damp rag around your mouth and nose, secured tightly, the effects of it will be minimal, if at all.

Pass that around, get geared up, and HOLD HELL AT BAY.

(always wanted to say that)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Stay safe and smart! Good luck to you, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Mucho appreciated.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
How long before this comes to the US? At some point it seems we too could have our own revolution. If you were in Kuala Lampor would you join in and protest? I think we are living in interesting times indeed.

Stay safe. and don't breath too much teargas.

Honestly, the only situation I could see this occurring in is if there is a collapse of the money system, perhaps due to something like a default on debt, or inflation spiraling out of control. If it's $25 for a loaf of bread, people are going to be PISSED.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The point is that the Muslim/Malay have gained enough power to rig the elections in their favor. This leads to the direct oppression of the ethnic Chinese and Indian populations within the nation. This is another example of the 'peace-loving' Islamic radicals attempting to force their concepts of society onto others.
I have spent years in highly conservative Islamic nations and in more secular Islamic nations. None of it is good. None of the 'teachings' the 'religion' is based upon can fit within a modern secular society enjoyed by those of us who live in the West.
There is going to be a time in the near future when those who are of the Islamic philosophy are going to need to be faced down and fought, hard, by everyone in the world who believes in personal freedom, in the inalienable rights we are endowed with by our Creator. Sound familiar?
Stay safe and keep an eye on what the protestors are saying. Let us know.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Your Living most ATSers dream right now. You might as well get stuck in.
But first get that Cat in a Hat to safety!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Yeah, but sometimes that is easier said than done, when the cops have equalizers such as guns and tear gas....

I don't know about you, but I am not in a big hurry to push a guy with a gun.... But I guess it depends on how fed up the people are.... When backed into a corner, even the smallest of animals will fight back.

The solution is easy isn't it? Use the idiots in front as your shield untill you get in arm reach

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
OP, listen to me. I've done riot control in the military, something you and your friends should be aware of.

"Tear Gas" is not actually gas, it's a light dispersant powder. Meaning, if you wear swimming goggles, and a thick damp rag around your mouth and nose, secured tightly, the effects of it will be minimal, if at all.

Pass that around, get geared up, and HOLD HELL AT BAY.

(always wanted to say that)

wow, thank you very much for that knowledge. I will keep that handy.

And in response to the OP, stay safe, man. but also, thank you for keeping us updated on this.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
The government and media did that in England to drum up tension for the war against Iraq I remember. They started reporting gang warfare as race riots and purposely incited actual race riots by making the racists think there was a race war when there wasn't
source? that sounds like you made it up i lived here all my life the only race riots i know of are the oldham riots and thay started in a pub i used to go in alot and thay were as real as it gets.

reply to post by HazyChestNutz

nice find on the vid. makes it clear its really going down in a big way. those are heavy handed police i can see why the crowed fights back
edit on 9/7/11 by Aceofclubs because: second reply

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I have been in this kind of situation before and here is what I learned.

Like aravoth said above, Tear gas is not a gas, but a powder, use swimming goggles and wet cloths over your mouth and nose. Tear gas and water canons can not be used in the same place for this very reason.

Water canons can only "shoot" in one direction, that swivels. That leaves you 364 degrees of attack at any time. The pressure of the water is drastically reduced during movement. If the crowd moves in, yes, some will get hit but the push forward will overtake the water canon making it part of your arsenal against the guns, until they cut the water. Then dismantle it, taking parts with you. This eliminates it being used against you again.

Dealing with the guns, the best defense and therefore offense is the killing box, ie closing in from all sides, as done with the water canon. The police have control as long as there is fear in the crowd. Remove the threat, you remove the fear. The entire purpose of a protest is to get the attention of the government or body being protested against, and as long as law enforcement feels they are in control, the crowd is only a nuisance.

The protesters have to remember that numbers count. Once the police have lost control the government will listen and act quickly in order to restore order. It is all about organization and dedication to do what is needed, to remove the control from the police and shift it to the crowd so the desire of the people is heard and taken seriously.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Your Living most ATSers dream right now. You might as well get stuck in.
But first get that Cat in a Hat to safety!

this is so true

good thing im not there, id probably do something stupid like throw a molotov or something.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
Like they said, safety first man.

Throw the tear gas canisters back.

But make sure you wear gloves or use a towel because those canisters can get hot. Also take out contacts if you use them and try to breathe as normal as you can when you're in the cloud.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarksThoughts
The point is that the Muslim/Malay have gained enough power to rig the elections in their favor. This leads to the direct oppression of the ethnic Chinese and Indian populations within the nation. This is another example of the 'peace-loving' Islamic radicals attempting to force their concepts of society onto others.
I have spent years in highly conservative Islamic nations and in more secular Islamic nations. None of it is good. None of the 'teachings' the 'religion' is based upon can fit within a modern secular society enjoyed by those of us who live in the West.
There is going to be a time in the near future when those who are of the Islamic philosophy are going to need to be faced down and fought, hard, by everyone in the world who believes in personal freedom, in the inalienable rights we are endowed with by our Creator. Sound familiar?
Stay safe and keep an eye on what the protestors are saying. Let us know.

Excellent, MarksThoughts, everyone should read your post. I cannot agree more. Islam is one of the most dangerous forms of totalitarianism in the world today. (And NO, I'm not Christian or Jewish.)

I wanted to add: A few years ago, I knew a Christian Malaysian who worked for the UN. He grew up in Malaysia as a Christian. I emailed him something about Islam. He emailed me back that it was against the law in Malaysia ( a "moderate" Muslim nation) to criticize either Muhammad or the Qu'ran. One could be fined or imprisoned. Here he was living in the West, but he was afraid that if he criticized either M or the Q in an email, it might get back to his homeland and be used against him.

Can you imagine living under such laws?
edit on 9-7-2011 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I dont understand why the title had to be in partly cap and exclamation signs. Protest's and demonstrations happen all the time. This is a big world, with 7 billion people. You could also everyday make a post saying ''24 000 CHILDREN!! DIED OF HUNGER TODAY!! MUST READ!!

The world will not end.

Im tired of disaster entertainment. Why not write a good post, with some background information?
edit on 9-7-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Ya know I am tired of the world is ending threads and negativity as well but sense you are in Tibet(according to your location) its just a hop skip and jump to Malaysia. Why don't you go on over there put yourself right smack in the middle of it, were IkNOwSTuff is at, and just sit on down and write a thread about something positive. He is at a hotel in the thick of it with now were to go but along. I could understand your comment if he was sitting on a couch just perusing the net but he is not. Maybe you should read the thread first before giving your obvious professional opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join