It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info about Freemason joining and saying hello!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hello all, I am very, very interested in joining the Freemasons I live in Northern Virginia and I am 16 years old and I go to one of the best private schools in the state (yes I am aware the minimum age is 18 for joining the masons) but I just want info for future reference. I am a descendant of Oliver Ellsworth who was one of the more important members of his time, or so I here.. Many men in my family were members also many women in my family are/were members of the Daughters of the Revolution. Since I live in the Northern VA area I have heard of the George Washington Masonic Memorial and I will try to visit it soon for more information, but mainly I want to know first hand from any members on here of whats fact and whats fiction, because I have heard so many outrageous claims about human sacrifice and other things of that sort. I would have asked my family members but none of them are currently alive who were members so I figure this is the next best place. Also I want to know why people consider the Masons as a "secret society" when you all claim to not be? Is there a level of secrecy? What are the benefits of joining the Masons besides becoming part of a prestigious international fraternity? Those of you if any near me could you tell me where a near-by lodge is? Why do people connect you to the Knights Templar and the Illuminati? Why do so many people talk badly about this organization? I just want to know more about this fraturnal bonding club and to better myself with those brothers. I hope to get some real answers about this. I've also read about how accepting you guys are and wanting to better the world we live in.

Thanks for reading my somewhat dull questioning paragraph!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS
19 more posts to go then you can start a thread

Again Welcome to the Jungle from Texas
Hope you enjoy the boards

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Thank you, I happy to be apart of this site!!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burgundy2gold98

Hi burgundy2gold98, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Secret Societies

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join