It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Does CO2 carbon Really Come From?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Found this and thought it was fascinating. I hadn't really thought about how much carbon a volcano would release into the atmosphere before, although realized that the ash cloud does affect the climate world wide.

Original Source

Where Does the Carbon Really Come From?
Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!

If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary. Okay, here's the bombshell.

The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs ...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.

Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus “human-caused” climate change scenario.

Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention “Global Warming” any more, but just “Climate Change” - you know why? It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.

But hey, relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!

Link to Prof. Ian Pilmer

Interesting info I'd say.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thanks. I larfed out loud. I'd give you half-a-dozen stars for that one if I could....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That's hillarious.

Gosh who'da thunk.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I wonder if National Parks and Wildlife are going to pay per tonne for the carbon released during bushfire season

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
great read lol

and i dont know what they are teaching in schools these days, but thats the carbon i remember, a building block of life.

carbon based organisms...

thats another label they droped.

we are now tax based lifeforms

carbon makes the world greener, they keep cutting vegetation around highways so ppl dont even notice how fast it regrows.

farms next to highways are thriving here

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU

carbon makes the world greener, they keep cutting vegetation around highways so ppl dont even notice how fast it regrows.

farms next to highways are thriving here

are you actually saying you think car exhaust directly onto farmland is good for plants?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Yeah, this guys tells it like it is!!!

His point about "Global warming" now being called "climate change" is spot on, they were lying and got caught out by the evidence, it's getting colder.

My own Eureka moment with the global warming scam was when i realised the actual concentrations of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. I ask people around me what percentage of air they think it is, i usually get a 20-30% number from them. The answer?

As of October 2010, carbon dioxide in the Earth's atmosphere is at a concentration of 388 ppm by volume.[3]

[3] ^ Mauna Loa CO2 annual mean data from NOAA.

Thank you Wiki.

For those who are bad with maths:
388 parts per million
= 0.0388 % of the total air on earth.

It's not even that bad for us, we exhale it all the time, and plants love it, and it's going to kill us all

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Yes he is telling it like it is,but he did not explain it all.
The number one plant for releasing oxygen in to the atmosphere is a tree.
Now consider this.

The North American continent when the first invaders came and stayed, was a very old deep forest area from the Atlantic to the Mississippi and even past it to where the plains began.The trees were thousand of years old and very high.The plains area was all native grasses and they were on the average of 10 to 15 feet tall and thousand of years old.All of it taking in CO2 and expelling oxygen in to the atmosphere.

Even the west coast area of California was heavy populated with oak trees from the coast line inward.
The Iberian peninsula(Spain and Portugal) was also.Britain and all the other areas of Europe also were heavily forested.

Ever hear of the "Cedars of Lebanon"? It too was populated with old Cedar trees.
The world looked very different before human began their mass migrations and explorations.
They cut trees down for shelter and heat and vessels to transport themselves,clearing the land to grow non native crops.

Many years ago when I was a young lad a teacher,a real teacher not like these "indoctrinators" that pass themselves off as teachers,taught us about how important the worlds rain forests were to the health of the planet.
All the rain forests but particularly the Amazon was vital to balancing out the carbon dioxide of the planet.
If humans destroye them it would destroy the balance of the planet.
We have been and it is.All for greed.

That fraud Al Gore sold fools on the concept of "carbon credits" to enrich himself.
He is well over $400 million in personal worth from selling this scam.
He does not have it all in gold in a big room like Richie Rich or Scrooge McDuck.
He invested it like all rich people do.
In a lumber company that is presently cutting down the Amazon rain forest and the Cascade mountain areas.
He and his liberal conspirators are playing us peons like the fools we are.

We will never learn but Gaia WILL straighten it all out eventually.
We have become nothing more than a parasite and we will be eliminated because of it.

edit on 9-7-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Yeah, this guys tells it like it is!!!

His point about "Global warming" now being called "climate change" is spot on, they were lying and got caught out by the evidence, it's getting colder.

Sigh. You make yourself appear very uninformed when you admit to thinking 'global warming' will mean localized weather patterns will be warmer. IN FACT, climate change (what the rest of the world outside of the US MSM has called it for YEARS) has predicted wild shifts in temperature that we are now experiencing.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We are polluting. CO2, global warming and politicians riding the waves for popularity only is one thing. Nuclear reactor in melt down is totally different,wouldn't you agree? So it is an extreme example, happened only twice. But we do produce harmfull pollution on mass scale. Rediculling green movements because it is prone to trends as any other one is counterproductive if you want to eat/breath non-toxic products and grow your kids in suitable environment and not wasteland.
How is politicians usage of real climate change questionable connection to carbon hysteria different from your own real crusade against carbon liars by questionably connecting it to all green movements and enviromental education?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

Of course, this misses the point. It's basically a sop to the ignorant twats who hate the idea of NOT spewing tons of carbon into the atmosphere because, hey. Them libruls are environmentalists, and libruls are the debbil, so I hate the environment!

Yes, volcanoes spew plenty of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere. They would do this with or without humans. The thing is, we don't need to be adding to that.

basically your argument is saying "Well, lightning starts forest fires, so there's no reason to not shoot fireworks into a dry pine forest!" or "hey, people die eventually, why not just go ahead and shoot them?"

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Hi, thanks for showing up. As you might be able to tell, this is an intervention. We're worried about you, AnotherYOU. All your friends are. See, you have a problem. There is information freely and easily available all over the place, information that could be helpful and useful for you. But you refuse to access it. So you spend your time, prancing around and saying silly stuff like you just did. You look like someone who's actually being paid to mislead others. Now, we all know that's not the case, but it's embarrassing to see just the same.

No one has ever said Carbon is a poison. it's not. however, when combined with two Oxygen atoms, it gains a certain property; it becomes a pretty good insulator. it helps hold the heat of the sun. and since CO2 is a heavy gas, it holds that heat close to the earth's surface.

It's not poisonous (you're thinking of its cousin, perhaps, Carbon monoxide, which replaces oxygen molecules in your haemoglobin?) but it's not something you want lots of in your atmosphere just the same.
edit on 9/7/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by incrediblelousminds

cant be as bad as the pesticides we already use.

not saying every substance out of the exhaust is good

but co2, it certainly is

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU

cant be as bad as the pesticides we already use.

not saying every substance out of the exhaust is good

but co2, it certainly is

Well, what you said was the car exhaust was making crop grow better in your region.

I'd love to see the info you are basing that observation on.

C02 is indeed an important building block for life. But if you are saying that any amount is beneficial to plat life, you may want to take a biology class or two. Like anything, even water, too much is not the same as just enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

my observation is that vegetation around busy highways grows faster and seems to swarm and lean over towards the asphalt, hence why its regurlaly being cut.

also in some of the busiest highways around my city, some poorer communities have taken over some roadside and stuck pieces of land, and started crops of all sorts.

tests were made to the vegetables produced and they were found to be perfectly good for human consumption, thus allowing those city farms to continue.

our cities do need more green.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

and yes, everything in excess has ill effects.

im saying, here in a small country it works since overpopulation isnt a problem.

we have less people than manhatan..

on that note, i dont believe in global overpopulation, overconcentration of human population.

that i can believe in

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What amazes me is they got everyone by the balls thinking that humans are destroying everything and yet year after year studies are coming out and scientists are whistle blowing and more and more people wise up. I'm tired of seeing this so often and yet no word from the media or anything. I think our school systme has failed in the past 40 years and most everything can be blamed on that, including the human-caused global warming hysteria. It's pathetic beyond words how bad things are when we're so ready to give our souls to bozos and liars and trash our economy.
edit on 10-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

join