It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You CAN die from a broken heart.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think it happens more often to people over 35, if not, none of us would have make it past 16. I have believed this since i was a little girl. When I was 5 my Father died, 18 days later his Mother had a heart attack and died as well. I think for some people the pain is just too much to bare.

The term "broken heart syndrome" came about after researchers noticed that many people with the condition were grieving, says Ilan Wittstein, MD, a Johns Hopkins University cardiologist who's been studying the condition for a decade.

I have a friend of a friend that died 3 weeks ago from liver cancer. Today her husband died of a heart attack. They left behind a 3 year old little boy. It's so devastating.

Do any of you think it's possible? Do you know of anyone who has died from Broken Heart Syndrome?

Broken Heart Syndrome-Web-MD

edit on 8-7-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

When I was 5 my Father died, 18 days later his Mother had a heart attack and died as well. I think for some people the pain is just too much to bare.

Sorry to hear that...But I completely agree with this thread...I know people (family friends), who have so much grief over a son/daughter passing away, that health problems occur from it...And subsequently pass away (so sad & unfortunate)

I feel like a broken person sometimes, coz of so many problems...But we just all got to keep our heads up I guess.

S+F for you.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
When my grandmother passed away soon after my grandfather did
It was because of broken heart

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I totally believe it, absolutely. Look at couples who have been together for so long, when one dies, the other isn't far behind.

I was with ex for 12 years and when we separated it truly broke my heart. Luckily, I'm young and suffered no ill effects.

In the Joplin, MO tornado a womans dad died but she lived. Only to die of a heart attack when she learned of her dads passing.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I remember a couple of broken hearts I suffered through as a teenager, and I STILL remember the pain. I remember thinking "wow, My heart is actually hurting!" And that was just from a silly teenage break-up, not the death of a sole mate.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

One of my spouses close friends died like 2 days after her mom died. They then had there funerals on the same day.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Absolutely, look at a lot of couples, take Johnny Cash and June Carter, they died within two months of each other, its just too much to bare. That's why I am a musician, its one of the only cures for a broken heart.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Man, you got that right, music is a great healer, and heartache is quite inspirational I’m sure. I love Mr.
Cash. I didn't know June died right after him.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Amen brother! She actually died first, he followed on two months later, he recorded 'hurt' during that period....its just heart breaking.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is interesting, and I find it highly believable. I was reading a book not too long ago, can't remember which one, that described an experiment done in a semi-remote tribe somewhere in the Pacific I believe. Certain tribe members were told that their friendly neighborhood witch-doctor had cast a horrible spell on them, and that they would die. It wasn't true, but they believed it, and there were deaths just days after. I do not know if this is true, how many people, etc, so it doesn't sound like a real experiment, but then again the source of that information is unknown, so I will do some digging.

I came across another similar story, equally vague, stating the same thing. So I don't know, but it ties in to what you are saying in the op.

So it seems sorrow as well as fear can kill.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

JC recorded Hurt a lil bit before June died because she was in the video. I remember that video was so powerful it brought me to tears, but I absolutely agree he died of a broken heart! I can't imagine to lose my soul mate. I would rather go first.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

My mistake, I have seen the video, I should have been more specific. I'm listening to his american recordings at the moment, they're just brilliant. Rick Rubin should get a medal for them. Cheers for clarifying man.

Heres one for the fans...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It doesn't pertain to a spouse or loved one, but John Muir said on his death bed that he was dying of a broken heart. For those of you that don't know, John Muir helped make Yosemite National Park a national park and dedicated his entire life to watching over the park. San Francisco was on a campaign to dam the Merced river which is Yosemite's main water source. They eventually won after years and years of fighting, and very shortly after John Muir, who was in great health and hiked his entire life, became ill and died.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmv805
It doesn't pertain to a spouse or loved one, but John Muir said on his death bed that he was dying of a broken heart. For those of you that don't know, John Muir helped make Yosemite National Park a national park and dedicated his entire life to watching over the park. San Francisco was on a campaign to dam the Merced river which is Yosemite's main water source. They eventually won after years and years of fighting, and very shortly after John Muir, who was in great health and hiked his entire life, became ill and died.

Yes. I am aware of this. I'm also aware, and am experiencing the pain and grief "Man" is inflicting on Gaia. Nuff said.

edit on 8-7-2011 by starrmtn001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Not a problem sir, you're absolutely right! When I saw this thread was about dying of a broken heart, I immediately thought of Johnny & June as well. Spot on about Rick Rubin, man! Cheers!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Amen brother! She actually died first, he followed on two months later, he recorded 'hurt' during that period....its just heart breaking.

That's Sister
Don't feel bad, I get that a lot here for some reason. Thanks for the video

reply to post by TopherWayne

If you live to be 100 I want to live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.~Winnie the Pooh

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Sorry about that, I guess its just a knee jerk reaction on ATS.

I hope you enjoyed the video, I'm thinking of making a Johnny Cash thread, he is truly the most inspirational guy in music, barr Ray Charles of course.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Cool. Hey you should make a JC thread, i know id contribute. I also love Ray Charles. I have to admit though, I didn't really think to much about either of them until after Walk the Line, and Ray...but since then I have been a big fan.

new topics

top topics

join