It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Impressive Case of Deja-Vu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
We all have dreams that stick with us. I've had several - one of which involved a teleportation tree, two girls in bikinis, and a tyrannosaurus in the gym of my school. And, others, I remember for a while, but then forget, until something brings it back.
A few years ago (probably at least 5), I had a dream of being outside with my mother and my uncle. At the time, my uncle had a red truck, and, in the dream, he had parked the red truck next to the house (for whatever reason). I remember reaching into the back for something, and, when mom said something to me, I distinctly remember saying to her, "I got ours out, we can use that." I said it in a serious tone - as if what mom said had annoyed me.
And that's what I remember of the dream.

Not long ago, my uncle got a new truck - a black one. And I had long since forgotten about the dream. A couple days ago, though, the starter on the truck went, and, while it was getting fixed, they gave my uncle a courtesy vehicle - a red truck. His other truck will be ready tomorrow, so, to take the red courtesy truck back clean, he brought it up here for us to vacuum out (since we have an outside plug). When he got here, mom asked me to go get our Shop-Vac... which I did. And my uncle parked the truck next to the house. As I plugged it in, I started to feel as if I had done this all before - the typical deja-vu feeling. It was then that mom noticed that my uncle had his own vacuum in the back of the truck. She mentioned it, and as I looked in the back of the truck, reaching in to grab the cord and see if it was longer than the cord on our vacuum, she said to me that we could use his instead of ours. This is when I said, annoyed, "I got ours out, we can use that." And, saying this, I suddenly remembered the dream.

This is the most impressive example of dream-based deja-vu I've ever experienced. Now, tonight, I'm gonna try real hard to dream of a better world....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I've had things like this happen too. I never believed in deja-vu before it happened to me, but once it does happen, that all changes!

Nice thread!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That's more like Deja Reve, but I call it precognition, and it's cool that it happens sometimes.
Deja vu is nothing you have dreamt but it is more just a "feeling" or "believing" you done something before or been to a place before.
edit on 8-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time and have noticed that my dream actually occurs roughly 6 months after the dream.

I had one specific dream, this was at least 2 years ago now - glad it hasn't come true - in the dream I was working at the city library, when all of a sudden I'm alerted by something or someone that a giant wave was coming, so I get in my car to pick up my girlfriend at work, at an elementary school. I remember traffic was horrible so I ditched my car near the school and ran to pick her up. I woke up before I got to the school or my girlfriend. I live on the east coast, so hopefully it was just a nightmare. The scary parts...at the time of the dream I was working at a day care center, but recently had to get another job...guess where? The same library that was in my dream. My girlfriend, as of the dream, was working in the same school district of the school in my dream but has since been transferred to the school in my dream. Stranger than fiction...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Though, I would suggest that, often, that feeling of having done something before is a result of having dreamt it. This initially came with the feeling of having done it before... it was only that key phrase that reminded me of the dream.
I also wouldn't consider myself to be precognizant. Though, I do like "déjà-rêve".

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nilly

I had two dreams a little while ago about a massive tsunami hitting the island I live on, viewed from two different locations. Personally, I blame it on my then-fixation with La Palma.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well I don't know about that, some Déjà vu I've had I could have sworn I've been through it and many of the dreams that we have we don't even remember we have. Having a recollection of a dream comes from something deep rooted to the dream that you can't push aside or the mere fact the dream was not when you were in a deep state of sleep. Dreams that occur when your melatonin levels are at their peak are harder to remember. Maybe all Déjà Vu are previous dreams we had in a deep sleep where the mind goes that the conscious mind can’t even grasp, a place where few details are remembered only because of a connection. The OP remembered this dream because of the interaction he had with his mother that got to him for some reason?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

OP, have you ever felt resentment towards your mom. Maybe the dream was remembered because it was for you to show you that you should say something loving towards your mom before it's too late. God forbid something happens, but the world is getting crazy and reading many of the posts on ATS the end of the world could happen any day, haha.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpedconsciousness

Nope, not even a little bit. I don't see any real significance in the event, itself... I just found it rather interesting, the way events conspired to recreate what I had dreamt, word-for-word.
Actually, anyone who knows me around here and who sees this will probably be shocked to see me post something like this
...but, it sparked my interest.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I am particularly interested in dreams and have read a lot of related material. Check out the author Robert Moss - his take is that most of our dreams include multiple layers of information, including symbolism that has meaning to the dreamer, as well as depicting things that happen within the future and things that have happened in the past. Sometimes it stands out more than others, like what you just had happen as a profound "been there, done that - in my dream" experience. If you start noticing your dreams, you'll begin to pick up more and more bits and pieces. I have a personal theory that the time dimension is non-existant or at least has many slip-points within it while dreaming. The more I have learned to attend to my own dreamworld, the more I catch.

I'll be interested to hear what other fragments you pick up in the next few days. Anything else happen that resonates for you? In my personal experience, when these precog dreams occur, it continues to be memorable even later because it is followed by a change in your situation, mental attitude, physical location, or a relationship. It's like the dream is some kind of a spiritual signpost. For example, "Oh yeah, when my friend's Dad had been sick and then the family thought he was recovering and then I dreamed about that white wreath floating down the river and he passed away the next day, I made the connection that my dream was telling me his Dad passed. That is when my relationship with my friend changed and from that point on, we became very close." For me, I sometimes don't figure out what it is about for a few months, but other times I get it right away. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
...Now, tonight, I'm gonna try real hard to dream of a better world....

Hey, every little bit helps. Seriously....
edit on 7/8/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

There's one relationship in my life that I'd like to see turn around, but it has nothing to do with what I dreamt. Other than that, there's nothing that I'd really prefer would change... but, then, I guess that would make it all the more significant if it does.

Though, now that you've told me, any such change might be considered a self-fulfilling prophecy

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I typically have Deja-vu (from dreams) anywhere from 4-10 times a year. It's weird because the random event happens and it's like my brain clicks and says HEY! You dreamed about this! Definitely an interesting subject! S&F.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

I don't typically have deja-vu, let alone an occurrence that I can connect to an actual dream. Before I came to ATS, I would've been surprised to learn that so many people experience this sort of thing so often, but nothing surprises me anymore. People claiming to be reptilian aliens from alternate dimensions tend to numb the senses a little.

A friend and I came up with a theory for deja-vu and related things a couple years ago...dealing with alternate timelines, and having two timelines intersect in different ways to produce the different phenomenon (deja-vu, prophetic dreams, and such). That particular conversation was inspired by the movie Deja Vu. That was a good movie.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

It is a pretty good movie. But to assume there are alternate time lines exist..... Definitely makes me think of Donnie Darko.(Another good movie).

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Donnie Darko is just about the best movie ever made.... after a whole bunch of other movies, sure, but if you exclude those, Donnie Darko's pretty high up there. There are a few characters in films that I feel a special connection to. The Rabbit is one. Jason Voorhees is another.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Common belief is that Frank was an angel. "God loves his children".
edit on 10-7-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join