It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improved production in workers trough Genetherapy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
After doing some tests on monkeys scientist in the US have been able to improve their productivity and will to work by adjusting thier dopamine levels.

news.bbc.co.uk

The monkeys were back to normal after 10 weeks of treatment
Scientists in the United States have found a way of turning lazy monkeys into workaholics using gene therapy.
Usually monkeys work hard only when they know a reward is coming, but the animals given this treatment did their best all the time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Scary huh?

How soon before this is demanded of workers before signing a job contract? They already demand drug tests in places...

Wonder where the funding for this comes from? Who could possibly gain from this I wonder? Oh sily me the Military Industrial Complex, like all the other funding for technology..

[edit on 12/8/2004 by Corinthas]

[edit on 12-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Don't be alarmed.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

There is nothing to fear.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Gene therapy is still dangerous for one the therapy is short lived they started clinical trials in the 90�s and in 1999 a 18 year old die from the therapy.

Other children also developed problems from the therapy.

They still have problems with the body rejection.

It still problems with mutations after injecting the genes.

I think it is going to take a while before we see something like the super worker in our everyday lives.

like everything there comes the ethical and religious issues of tampering with the human body. I am up for anything that has to do with the improvement of life.

join