It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa employee warning on solar flares

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hello, First let me start by stating that I'm not the most eloquent writer so please forgive grammer, typos, and incorrect sentence structure. I speak better than I write. Second, let me state I'm not sure that I believe what I was told but the timing was perfect as I was surfing the web and reading about this same subject.

I work for a local cable company in customer service and receive about 80 calls a day. The first customer that I assisted today was calling to ask about getting the nasa channel. While I was putting a request for the station to be added to our line up, this gentleman mentioned that not only does he work for nasa but that maybe I should start to prepare for some major change. I asked him what he meant and he stated that nasa and the government are preparing for a major solar flare.He then spent a couple minutes discussing everything that a solar flare can damage. The one thing he said that I can still remember pretty much word for word was that he was worried about the astronauts. He told me that they would have exactly 8 minutes to take shelter before they would be fried to death. He didn't mention where they would take cover but I assume the ship would have some sort of protection against this. He also told me that their biggest fear was the satallites. He said that the loss of communication would be devasting but there is more danger than that. He said the damage they could do if they fell out of the sky would be horrendous.

Of course, I couldn't wait to get home to type this up. Things like this never happen to me and I wanted to share this with ATS. I know that I will receive mostly thoughtful and courteous debate about this. I will admit that it is very odd that a stranger will say this over the phone to a company that records all conversations.
edit on 8-7-2011 by shadwgirl because: recommended new title for thread

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

hmmm.. interesting indeed~! going to check the NASA channel now, I got dish,but most of the time it's old reruns of past missions.. or something..

other thing is, why can't NASA just edit out what they need to before it airs ?? Checking the channel now .. I'll leave it on in the living room or bedroom till the 13th..

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting, thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna go and do some research on solar flares and see what we could be in for. Any other details you could add?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Odd ..but then we have these satalites to go dead then what will happen to the internet and all the cell phones also TV would be down..Hope they dont fall out of the sky !

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I apologize. He wanted the nasa channel so he and his kids could watch the shuttle take off. He got transferred to ohio and couldn't watch it live. He mentioned the solar flare would most likely be next year so don't keep track of the channel just for this. Watch it because it is way cool. I should have mentioned this in my original post.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Are you sure it just wasn't some ATS member messing with you? Do you have any way to confirm it's a nasa employee?

Because they just sent up the Atlantis shuttle and if they really knew that a major solar flare was coming, why would they still send it up? The person says that NASA is worried, but by launching the shuttle, they don't seem to be that worried.

I believe your story, I just don't necessarily believe the person who you talked to. It's possible he's right, but common sense says it's just some conspiracy theorist(I mean that in the best way possible) telling you what he thinks and wants to be taken seriously so he claims to be an employee at NASA.

edit: well if they think it's going to happen next year, I suppose it isn't surprising they still sent up the shuttle.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
God, I hope our Astronauts will be fine. I watched my local evening news today, their reporting and showing the very last space shuttle launch. I was watching real History live! It was emotional.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
would be a way better outcome, than asteroids and polar shifts, not to mention we down communications network it might collapse the economy, and maybe it can be rebuilt to something better, lookin forward to it and thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Was Gabriel Gifford's husband on that launch???

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I did state that I'm not sure I believed him. Trust me, I deal with a lot of nuts and liars over the phone. He mentioned all the usual side affects of solar flares. He did state that right now nasa is tracking a peculiar type of ice cloud(i don't remember what he called it) that stays loyal to a particular region that is currently roaming south. He also mentioned that nasa is going to lay off most of it's work force due to the current administration( not trying to be political here so please don't debate this) and that he would most likely lose his job.
edit on 8-7-2011 by shadwgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Is this just another case of scare-mongering? First Niburu/Elenin/HAARP (Not that I'm denying any/all of those, but feel a lot of "hype" has been created from such popular topics), now a solar flare, that's going to knock out all satellites?

I just find it interesting that a man who actually works for NASA, is unable to get the channel in his house...Then goes one step further by giving out, what I'm guessing should be classified information, over the phone, to a stranger?

I'm not doubting you, but how can you verify his background credentials, to working for NASA? He coulda been one of us on ATS, for all we know!
edit on 8-7-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Very innnnteresting. What I also......watched on my evening news was: It started as a report about the economy, (inflation, people, government , finance, prices jobs.) and then I am looking at this MSM guy who is questioning a roomfull of people he gathered together. They were all over 45 but too young to go on retirement. They were frustrated, and one lady's home was in foreclosure. They were all working hard trying to find new employment, after having been with NASA-type jobs for a long time. Maybe he was one of them??!!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm not going for the scare mongering angle. I just had a really interesting phone call at a job that I really dislike and wanted to share it. I'm not sure that I believe him. He was requesting that a channel be added to our line up because we don't carry it and he doesn't want to change companies. I can not prove he works for nasa but working in my line of business, you tend to get a feel for people and he was definitely sincere if not truthful. Please don't take this page as fact. I was just relaying a conversation that I had today that I thought people here would find interesting. I have no way of proving this ever happened so I understand the skepticism.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
NASA is concerned about solar flares. They have happened before and can be expected to happen again.
NASA JUNE 2011 SOLAR FLARE MEETING
I know that when I do things my husband thinks are odd (like order cases of beans and peanutbutter) it is really because of the solar flare issue. Sure the economy is crazy, politics are off the charts, and 2012 is right around the corner...but solar flares actually happen. I tell my husband that and then he is okay with it. Now if any of the other things go crazy at least I have peanutbutter and beans!
I know that I have read other threads here about solar flares. I know that either in those threads or as a result of poking the webs while reading them I found that NASA is very upset (as is NOAA?) that there isn't some kind of public service campaign. They wanted the people to be informed of the dangers and can't believe that nobody is doing this.
I both read this from a source I considered passably respectable at that time of reading and watched a couple of you tube vids (one posted here) which convinced me that the science guys are freaking out about something.

Additionally a Marine I know (and, sorry, I know everyone on ATS *knows* a Marine who told them something, but: he is all paranoid about EMP and resulting societal break down. He has never told me that he learned this from the government or a mission. And, if he did I don't know if I would believe him. He tends a bit toward self importance and I take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt. BUT, he is waaaaay more prepared than I am. If I was married to him I would be getting weird looks for NOT buying cases of beans. He is sane and smart. He has mentioned solar flares on more than one occassion. It is always in conversation in which he also talks about his bunker.

So, if you google I think you will find some stuff that would shed light on what you were told.
It doesn't even mean that the guy you talked to is really from NASA. He could just know the same stuff that folks here know. If you want more info you should probably change the post title to reflect that the topic includes a NASA employee warns of solar flare. That should bring you a lot of people here who have more information than I do.

That would be a kind of freaky call to get though! Thanks for sharing.

edit on 8-7-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

About six weeks ago someone posted a NASA preportory list had been sent to NASA employees, about four weeks later another thread with a new NASA family emergency plan had been posted, know this.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

You are right, it struck me as most peculiar, NASA giving it's employees a FEMA talk. I was like, huh???

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I can't say that never crossed my mind either but I like to think NASA has everything under control.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

Thank you for the suggestion to change the title. I took your advice and appreciate it greatly.

On another note, I want to stress that I'm not sure he actually is a nasa employee but his address is in the right area for nasa.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So, he is now assigned to the John Glenn NASA center in Cleveland? They do have cable there. Cox cable, Time Warner, etc...

It was carried live by many news feeds.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Loved the NASA channel when I had it. Very professional guys doing a very amateur job at
broadcasting, campy but cool. Anyway, I used to work nights and on my nights off I would be
up late watching that channel because of all their mission animation short films. The best one
was the Mars Ark habitat to help save mankind from a cataclysmic disaster on Earth. Funny
they picked Mars and not the moon. And then sometimes, they put political ads up there late at
night that kind of run counter to what the establishment wants such as NAFTA. Good stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join