It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdochs Empire drowning in its own filth... Finally!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Don't celebrate to soon. You can get your house that the government will use this as an excuse to further control and restrict media.

Of course the crimes of Murdoch and his cronies are abhorrent and everyone involved should be severely punished, but lets not get too blood-hungry to the point we reign in and control honest media and free press.

The journalists involved in this are the lowest of low. Listen to this scumbag try to justify hacking people

Prezza gave him a few jabs

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Don't celebrate to soon. You can get your house that the government will use this as an excuse to further control and restrict media.

Of course the crimes of Murdoch and his cronies are abhorrent and everyone involved should be severely punished, but lets not get too blood-hungry to the point we reign in and control honest media and free press.

The journalists involved in this are the lowest of low. Listen to this scumbag try to justify hacking people

Prezza gave him a few jabs

I have a feeling that certain government officials and police hierarchy are pooing their pants at the mo.

I have a feeling that murdoch knows where the bodies are buried and will use some of those hands soon.

On the bright side, it seems our American cousins have the will and power to arrest the top execs at news international for crimes done in our country.

Interesting times ahead!
edit on 9-7-2011 by BattleFieldPredator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"Finally" is right.

Many, many talented and ethical journalists, who consider their duty and privilege to make sure the truth is known, as much as humanly possible, and with the best interests of our fellow man guiding all we do, from research in the beginning to the publication of the story with his or her name on it, taking responsibility for every word and line in the story, have had no choice but to leave the industry.

ATS has been a home for so many of us, from around the world.

Let's be clear, it is about truth and literary ability, and one does not need a degree for that. The degree requirement for nearly all jobs in communications/journalism/broadcast media is useful for Rupert's empire of control, since you want to get value for all that schooling, time, and expense. Of course young graduates will do whatever it takes to work in their field. After a few years of joy and experience, they come across a real story, like the Monsanto milk story in Florida, and well, I think we all know how that ended.

Ethical journalists who stay in the field and think they can still do their job have been shot, kidnapped, tortured, murdered, imprisoned, and locked out of their fields forever. It is the only way to keep the herd of "professional"
journalists acting in accordance with their editors, producers, etc.

It is why so many are waiting tables instead of being successful in the field they were born to, like me. Construction jobs, cooks, busboys: we are hiding out in many of these places.

Ironically, it keeps us incognito, making us even better at our jobs. No paycheck for our work means we are not biased in favor of an employer like Fox or others. Incognito means we cannot be identified and stopped.

Journalism is an ideal, like a knight with his oaths of goodness, ethics, and loyalty. For the true knight, it is about honor, not location or outfit. Without his armor, he is still a noble knight if he wishes to be. That is freedom through service, like most journalists already practice. I mean real ones, like the ones who post here on ATS, quickly, accurately, in the interest of their fellow humans. Not for glory, not for money, although there is nothing wrong with that in theory.
In practice, the more acclaim and attention one receives in the journalism world, the more of a target one becomes. Job offers are only traps: once you are on a payroll, the boss is in control. It is hard to walk away from a decent paycheck if you have one. Your family on one side and your whole sense of right and wrong on the other and your editor in the middle.
Tough stuff. Better to be rogue.

It is because of Rupert that many of you in the public do not know this. What you see on TV is carefully crafted, but it doesn't mean real journalists are gone. Just doing their jobs in a difficult situation.

Aligning with MSM is death to one's credibility as well, so please send good wishes and prayers to all those you can't see, living in reduced circumstances in order to keep their conscience clean.

What a choice. Rupert is Gail from the Fountainhead, but without the luxury of a conscience like Gail. Not that it would make a difference at this point, just like it couldn't for Gail.
Even if he changed today, the system he heads is built for what it is doing. It cannot change, and it will not try.

Anyone who does is done. He knows that better than anyone.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

I cancelled my SLY.com this morning, one less way of funding the NWO parasites that feed off the very people they hate!

Although, been nice to see them caught snooping on their own NWO Celebrity puppets as well! No one is safe from a greedy bully that is paranoid of being found out, and that day is here!

Jail for em all,

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Jail em all
reply to post by kushin

Looks like you may have your wish.

Many people online are planning to carry out a citizens arrest on murdoch when he touches down in the UK today or tomorrow!

I would love to see that!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

Didn't know that, seems as we all know the current NWO have rushed it and instead of playing their part in the long term plan, have demanded it happen while they are alive! and have all but blown it back in their faces,

Hope he's arrested

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here is a useful link to Global Issues, a site that helps to document the deliberate control of media as early as 1917, by the White House.

Usually the premise (to avoid offending our sense of outrage and hypocrisy) is that we had to avoid publishing troop movements or positions, thereby depriving the enemy of this information.

However, the comments and quotes on this page make it impossible to swallow that explanation; rather, these illustrate the true agenda of media control, and with very little ambiguity.

www.globalissues.org...
edit on 9-7-2011 by Copperflower because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

This guy seems to be a right masochist. As well as taking a damn good hiding from Two Jags and Hugh Grant, Steve Coogan has entered the fray to deliver a knockdown blow.

Paul McMullen comes across as a really creepy individual and probably embodies what we all think of red top journalists...scumbags.

Which is a pity because there are probably many brilliant investigative journalists out there that don't have to resort to such methods.

Steve Coogan erupts on Newsnight: watch the video Read more: www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

This guy seems to be a right masochist. As well as taking a damn good hiding from Two Jags and Hugh Grant, Steve Coogan has entered the fray to deliver a knockdown blow.

Paul McMullen comes across as a really creepy individual and probably embodies what we all think of red top journalists...scumbags.

Which is a pity because there are probably many brilliant investigative journalists out there that don't have to resort to such methods.

Steve Coogan erupts on Newsnight: watch the video Read more: www.mirror.co.uk...

The more I look into this the worse it gets.

Its alleged that notw also has its hands in with the gangster world, using its connections to threaten detectives who was investigating them in 2006. They actually threatened their families including a little girl who was the daughter of one of the police officers!

News International is a criminal organisation and we should run the lot of them out the country!

Steve Coogan was spot with that creep!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Great article

It seems that the media dark arts are now there for everyone to see.

It is my hope that through this scandal that honest journos trounce the gutter press and take the reigns with real reporting.

We will see

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I live in the UK and am sickend by what has been going on with News of the World! Murdoch can rot in hell, he should be lynched!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

This can only be a good thing IMHO, but it's not just the Redtops is it ? the Broadcasters need to take a long hard look at the drivel they've been spewing for the past ten years too.

Looks like proper investigative journalism might be making a comeback...about time !

Cosmic...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

what we all think of red top journalists...scumbags.

Woah, woah, please don't speak for me again.

There are and were many good and ethical journalists in red tops. Just because you may buy a broadsheet and feel yourself above everybody else in society, doesn't mean the rest of the country who buy newspapers like The Sun or The Daily Mirror agree with your opinion (even though I despise the bias of the Mirror and hated the celeb obsessed stuff in The Sun)

I'm probably the only one in this thread who not only will keep my Sky television but also will miss the News of the World. In fact, I'm about to head out and buy my copy of today's historic final issue not only to pay my respects but also to give back to the wonderful men and women who worked on the paper over the years and didn't deserve to lose their jobs or see their much loved current/former employer sullied by the actions of a few immoral idiots who disgrace journalism.

Funny how the bandwagoneers jump on the next big thing and completely ignore or conveniently forget the good that the NotW and Sky have done over the years.

Sky Rainforest Appeal......Sky Adopt A Jaguar.......Sarah's Law.......exposing corruption in cricket.......exposing the lies and infidelities of celebs and sports people who cheat on wives and girlfriends and then pay to silence people from speaking about it. Those are just a few examples.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Sorry for generalising, One of the fundamental rules is thinking one speaks for everyone. Instead of 'all' I should have perhaps said 'many'...would you like me to edit my little faux pas?
Anyway, I was talking about stereotypes, which Paul McMullen seems to represent. I conceded this point in my last sentence, which you missed out in your quote.

"Just because you may buy a broadsheet and feel yourself above everybody else in society"

Did you just generalise? Perish the thought.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Knobby because: schpelling

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

you could actually try reading the world news? a simple google will yield the results. This scandal is massive and could turn into something much bigger, if only the UK public would actually react instead of worrying about where they get their celeb scandal and sports news from next week.

I think it's too late to be honest, alcohol fuelled zombie nation

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

reply to post by curious7

Sorry for generalising, One of the fundamental rules is thinking one speaks for everyone. Instead of 'all' I should have perhaps said 'many'...would you like me to edit my little faux pas?
Anyway, I was talking about stereotypes, which Paul McMullen seems to represent. I conceded this point in my last sentence, which you missed out in your quote.

"Just because you may buy a broadsheet and feel yourself above everybody else in society"

Did you just generalise? Perish the thought.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Knobby because: schpelling

Just seen Mckmullen on Sunday Morning Live on the bbc, still in the same suit because he has not gone home as the police are after him!

He has made a sharp exit from the studio for some reason

I wonder why!
edit on 10-7-2011 by BattleFieldPredator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

This can only be a good thing IMHO, but it's not just the Redtops is it ? the Broadcasters need to take a long hard look at the drivel they've been spewing for the past ten years too.

Looks like proper investigative journalism might be making a comeback...about time !

Cosmic...

Depends what you consider a good thing. It's all relative isn't it. BBC is good compared to other news organisations, but they're controlled by state and it's evident with their pro-monarch, pro-establishment garbage.

I'd rather we have a free press with criminals punished for their crimes. Rest assured the government will use this incident to take away press freedom. There's always a flipside.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the bbc website is very good to follow this on, despite what some would say they are completely ipartial and do report the 'news' and leave you to make up you own mind.

the latest bit of this story to break is that murdoch is going to protect brooks.

www.bbc.co.uk...

if anyone wants to know more into the history of this (non uk people mainly i would imagine) you can read it all from this page.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bates
the bbc website is very good to follow this on, despite what some would say they are completely ipartial and do report the 'news' and leave you to make up you own mind.

the latest bit of this story to break is that murdoch is going to protect brooks.

www.bbc.co.uk...

if anyone wants to know more into the history of this (non uk people mainly i would imagine) you can read it all from this page.

www.bbc.co.uk...

protecting brooks to protect himself?

i worked for corporations that had a large middle management level to insulate the top management from legalities.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. Most people don't care.

Even in England, this was obvious to SOME people a LONG time ago. Still, nothing happened. Nothing will happen again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join