It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Against Michael Moore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
www.duamm.blogspot.com...

I don't know if this is really Democrats against Michael Moore, or a group
claiming to be Democrats calling for Democrats to be against Michael Moore. Either way .... here it is for discussion ....

Excerpt -

Petition

We Democrats and other supporters of John Kerry for President petition the Democratic National Committee to forthwith disassociate itself from filmmaker Michael Moore and reject his incendiary, propagandistic methods. It is our steadfast belief that Michael Moore has violated the public trust by presenting misrepresentation, factual inaccuracy and dramatic re-creation as truth in his films. He has usurped time-honored ethics of journalism, to which documentarians are bound, and has employed classic techniques of deception cognate to totalitarian propaganda. While Michael Moore may assert positions consistent with many in the Democratic Party, such as his criticism of the Iraqi War and the resolution of the 2000 presidential election, his methods used to convey those positions are incommensurable with the ethos of the Democratic Party and with the founding principles of democracy, in which free expression must have as its object the struggle for truth.

We firmly believe that, should the Democratic leadership continue to embrace Michael Moore or fail to unequivocally condemn his tactics, it could very well be at the peril of John Kerry in the November election. We must not allow our vehement opposition to President Bush and his policies to blind us from truth. We must not abandon reason in favor of political expediency. On the contrary, we must march forward on the foundation of virtue, confident that truth is our greatest weapon. We Democrats and other supporters of John Kerry for President petition the Democratic National Committee to forthwith disassociate itself from filmmaker Michael Moore and reject his incendiary, propagandistic methods.

- - Democrats United Against Michael Moore

[edit on 8/12/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
www.duamm.blogspot.com...

I don't know if this is really Democrats against Michael Moore, or a group
claiming to be Democrats calling for Democrats to be against Michael Moore. Either way .... here it is for discussion ....

And good opening for debate. Seems legit to me. Though I personally get a kick out of Moore, I could see some Dems wanting him to go away.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ahhhh Rant. We can all get along ... can't we?

I don't know if these are real democrats or folks pretending to be.
If they are democrats, they are the democrats of old. (Like when I
used to be one). Centerist. Gephardt or Lieberman type democrats.

If they are democrats, I don't know how far they'll get with this.
But it will be interesting to see if these centerists have a welcome
voice in their party.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
its probably the same people who are out trying to get nadar on all the ballots. If Kerry was smart he'd bring up some points from that movie. Since before its release all that they have said about the movie was "lies! lies! lies!" not even bothering to see it. They know it goes against what they believe and they are not open to seeing or hearing anything resembling the truth.

alledgedly there are 57 "lies" in this movie. hmmm, just a quck trip to
www.michaelmoore.com will take all 57 and prove them true. this is just another example of right wing mind control. most people are to lazy to get off their as_es and see something for themselves. instead, they sit in their living rooms, watch the news and let that whoever is on tell them what to believe and not to believe.

the democrats should run ON that movie. just the facts that are in there are enought to get bush out, let alone everything else we find out about him on almost a daily basis.

by printing crap like "dems back away from moore movie" just makes more people feel bad for bush and like him. HE IS A LYING WAR MONGER !!!! but of course the democrats need to be saved from themselves so theyll probably screw this up to.

long live michael moore!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
IF this really is from some democrats who are tired of having their
political party kidnapped by celebrities and loud fat men who have
questionable facts ... then GREAT! The reason many folks left the
democrats in the 1990's (me being one of them) was because of
the RADICAL left and how crazy they became. Celebrities and
anarchists became the norm, and the 'norm' became too far to
the Right. The UN became the 'end all' and American soverignty
became a joke told at parties after having a few too many drinks.

Examples -
Celebs like Barbara Streisand sending letters to dems in congress ...
spelling names and countries wrong ... getting the wrong leader with
the wrong country, but then those dems would be so tickled to have
gotten attention from the celeb that they'd call them 'brilliant' and
then forget the facts of what was going on. Or the radicals would
call for anarchy (check www.democraticunderground.com - which is
endorsed by John Kerry's official website).

To hear from the solid and down to earth middle base of the
democratic party would be GREAT for the party and would bring home
many people who left because of the circus created by the far left
taking over.

Dumping Michael Moore and his questionable propaganda would be
a positive step.

SERIOUS film making exposing errors in this administration, and in the
Kerry camp for that matter, could then be taken seriously by all parties.
It wouldn't be open for jokes or debate. The information would be
rock solid and people would once again be able to take what opposing
political parties say seriously.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wow actually some smart Dems I am shocked.

How many people know that Michael Moore is really a Republican.

How many people know that his films were made on purpose as a farse.

How many people know that he made his films to show how ignorant people are that they will base their beliefs on "skewed" information without taking the time to verify whether or not the information they have been "fed" is actually the truth or just fabrications.

How many people know that he laughs at all and I mean ALL the people that support the view or the impression that he wants you to agree with in his films, while secretly he knows that what he has presented in his films is not the truth and rather a cinematic license of the truth, conceived purely for his own entertainment.

People are guilable and Michael Moore is raking in the cash because of it. Thus exposing themselves to supporting unsubstantiated thoughts and alter realities that in no way are a reflection of the real truth.

How many people rocked on with the Beastie Boys in fight for your right to party ? How many people know that the Beasties laughed at their own fans for not seeing that the song was actually mocking their own fans for their lack of responsibility in the world. They presented themselves as these partying joker type college frat kids, to get their fan base to say Hellllll Yea I am down with that. When in reality they are a total 180 degrees from that persona. They made the song to laugh at the stereotypical teenager of the time, and yet most people still bought it up and in the end they got Phat paid of it, laughing all the way to the bank. Most of their whole Persona of the Beastie Boys was just an act and all the kids you went around town B-bopping like a beastie boy gangster just played into all the hype.

Same thing with Michael Moore, he has made you beleive through the use of movies that hold your attention captive that "his" personal conviction is reflected in the movie he has presented to you. When in reality he has made something that its whole point is to misguide you from the truth. And the people that find themselves agreeing with the viewpoint of his films and then say " I agree with Michael Moore" " I defend Michael Moores freedom of speach" "I defend his right to express his viewpoints" etc. THESE are the people that he (Michael Moore) the very people that public support him IS LAUGHING AT.

And if everyone would wake up and start thinking for themselves, and really looking at the facts. Then they would understand what the point of his movies are. The media or any other person who wishes to present something to you has (most of the time) their own personal agenda, whether it is secretly veiled in a way that keeps you from knowing or whether they tell you out right. As in I am presenting this to you so that you will give me money. I am presenting this to you so that you will feel sorry for the children, AND send me money. I am presenting this to you, so that you feel sorry for me, and hence I can sleep with you.

Even the news, even the politicians, even your mom, or wife or whoever. Everyone has an agenda.

IT IS UP TO you to figure out what that agenda is and how it affects you.

new topics

top topics

join