Saturn

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Is Saturn viewable from the western side of Canada at the moment?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
it'll rise just before four your time in the ENE part of the sky. better enjoy it while it's up, because in a bit after the sun'll be rising too.

EDIT: now would be a great time to view it too, since the moon is almost new and they're in about the same spot in the sky. also, venus is nearby.

[edit on 8/12/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh so that's what I saw, this morning at about 4-5am.

I saw this group of gathered objects in the sky, and thought it was Saturn and it's satellites. It was an amazing sight, too bad I don't have a telescope though.

I've seen Venus a couple of times, and it's very noticeable sinse it's the brightest object. It fades away at about the same time as the moon does when the sun rises.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
yeah, all three form a nice triangle in the sky right now. saturn is too far away though to be able to see it's moons, unless you have a telescope or a good pair of binoculars.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
yeah, all three form a nice triangle in the sky right now. saturn is too far away though to be able to see it's moons, unless you have a telescope or a good pair of binoculars.

Im 100% sure I saw an object with about 4-5 other smaller objects around it. Im sure it has to be Jupiter. I saw it at about 4am, the perfect time to see stars and specially planets.

new topics

top topics

join