It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Is Saturn viewable from the western side of Canada at the moment?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
it'll rise just before four your time in the ENE part of the sky. better enjoy it while it's up, because in a bit after the sun'll be rising too.

EDIT: now would be a great time to view it too, since the moon is almost new and they're in about the same spot in the sky. also, venus is nearby.

[edit on 8/12/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh so that's what I saw, this morning at about 4-5am.

I saw this group of gathered objects in the sky, and thought it was Saturn and it's satellites. It was an amazing sight, too bad I don't have a telescope though.

I've seen Venus a couple of times, and it's very noticeable sinse it's the brightest object. It fades away at about the same time as the moon does when the sun rises.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
yeah, all three form a nice triangle in the sky right now. saturn is too far away though to be able to see it's moons, unless you have a telescope or a good pair of binoculars.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
yeah, all three form a nice triangle in the sky right now. saturn is too far away though to be able to see it's moons, unless you have a telescope or a good pair of binoculars.

Im 100% sure I saw an object with about 4-5 other smaller objects around it. Im sure it has to be Jupiter. I saw it at about 4am, the perfect time to see stars and specially planets.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Observing Saturn though a telesope can be an awe-inspiring experience. Saturn is one of the most recognizable planets in our solar system, known for its stunning ring system. To get the best view of Saturn through a telescope, follow these steps:

1. Telescope Setup: Ensure your telescope is properly set up and aligned. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for assembling and calibrating the telescope.

2. Choose the Right Time: Plan your observation for a night when Saturn is visible in the sky. You can use a stargazing app or website to determine the best viewing times for your location.

3. Find Saturn: Use the telescope's finder scope to locate Saturn in the night sky. It often appears as a bright, steady object, and its distinctive rings make it stand out.

4. Use a Low Magnification Eyepiece: Start with a low magnification eyepiece to get a wide view of Saturn and its rings. This will make it easier to locate and focus on the planet.

5. Focus the Telescope: Adjust the focus knob on your telescope until Saturn appears sharp and clear. It may take some trial and error to achieve the best focus.

6. Observe the Rings: Once you have Saturn in focus, take your time to marvel at its rings. Depending on the orientation of Saturn, you may see a prominent ring system or a more edge-on view.

7. Try Different Eyepieces: Experiment with different eyepieces to vary the magnification and observe details on Saturn's surface and its ring structure.

8. Patience and Steady Viewing: Observing planets like Saturn requires patience and steady viewing conditions. Atmospheric turbulence (seeing) can affect the clarity of the view, so try to observe on a night with stable atmospheric conditions.

9. Take Notes or Photos: Consider keeping a log of your observations or attempting to capture images of Saturn through your telescope. Astrophotography can be a rewarding way to document your observations.

Remember that the quality of the view may vary depending on the size and quality of your telescope, as well as the atmospheric conditions. Enjoy the experience of exploring our solar system and marveling at the beauty of Saturn and its magnificent rings.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Informative PBS NOVA video: "NOVA - The Planets Saturn"

www.dailymotion.com...

top topics

join