It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the world goes into depression which country will recover first?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
When the world goes into depression which country will recover first? Let's say the US has fallen due to the coming depression. Since the world economies are all connected of course there will be a domino effect. But my question is which country would recover first? I'm sure it can't be China since by then China would also have issues due to them losing their best customers.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No China would be the first. They do not survive of the US economy, they simply use it to become more and more powerful.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Germany.

Look at them after every World War.

I say, less than a decade after they would be recovered, nearly completely.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would venture a guess that it would be the economies least impacted by such a depression, which would mean various African nations would probably be the first to "recover" but only because the standards for a recovery there would be so amazingly low. Basically the more primitive and less industrialized nations would be quickest to rebound since they would also be affected the least by a global economic depression.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

what about North Korea? the game Homefront shows N Korea becoming a mighty superpower due to the collapse of the American empire. I don't believe it but I'm just pondering on the possibility.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I actually agree, thinking about it further the central African countries would be in a very good place to recover and even become more productive due to their natural resources not being exploited and not buying over priced western goods.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
According to Svali, the UK, France and Germany. If indeed the EU is the chosen globalist vehicule for world governement it would make sense.

My personal belief is that the answer is none. There will be no recovery this time. When the middle-east erupts the world economy will collapse: there is no recovery possible in that scenario.

The premise is that until we default on all debts worldwide, replace our current banking system and completely abolish interest, then there will be no improvement.
edit on 8-7-2011 by D377MC because: edit to add

edit on 8-7-2011 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
For the elite to be successful no country will really recover, only elites will forever enjoy comfort
The road to serfdom is here

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The UK will.

The United Kingdom will still be standing long after all the s**t hits the fan. We may be small, we may be silent when all others are thinking we are not mighty or strong anymore, but when push comes to shove our people's spirit always prevails.

We will stand up, help our allies up, dust off our shoulders, and get the world back on track with our American Allies.

WOOOOOO!!!!! UK + USA NUMBER #1
:

edit on 8-7-2011 by BlackDove because: Coz im from England stupid! Why else?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

There is to much hatred in the UK and the US for them to recover fast.

English and Scottish people dont mix well. To much hatred do to bad history.

The Americans are arming them selves so that they can kill each other when the SHTF. So the Americans have no plans of wanting to recover fast. They hate each other to much. Or you can call it the Darwin attitude, only the the once who know hove fight will survive.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
For the elite to be successful no country will really recover, only elites will forever enjoy comfort
The road to serfdom is here

The elite already enjoy comfort forever so how will this change. They will still run everything as you guys claim they do now.

They have nothing to gain or lose by this.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Thought the same as you before even opening this thread - Our survival is not the same as theirs, we no know hardship as they do, we have water from our taps they have a well, we have shops they have land..........SAD that we think our lives are hard. They will survive because thats what they have been doing all their lives.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I just wanted to see how it felt to be the optimist this time round.

Im a bad, bad poster.

But seriously, as a world we always have some major difficult disaster or economic problem pop up every now and then, and the world keeps turning, powerful nations change form, and fade. New powerful nations appear, war starts, war ends, but the world keep turning. The only major difference this time round is the world has got lazy and relies too much on technology, and so events will be worse or appear so, and will effect more people than ever before and quicker. All cultures and all peoples have a disslike of all others in one form or another, not everyone can like everyone else, that's life i guess. All nations have history.

Either way these are exciting times were in, we get to witness history being made, good, or bad, my mum always said to me, "Nothing lasts forever!" So lets enjoy the ride and smash a few windows along the way aye.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

Yes the world will still turn with or without us.

The nations that will probably suffer the most in a really bad SHTF scenario, are very modern nations with a very large centralized population. And who are not self sufficient to sustain their own lives, but dependent on food and resources from the outside.

Lets take London for instant with its 12 to 13 million people, That is just one city in the UK with a large population. Life is going to be a living night mare for all of them. And when 10 or 12 million of them head for the hills, its going to become a living hell for the people living outside of the big cities. Farmers will loose their livestock in a wink of an eye. They will be out numbered and over run by the sear number of people feeling.

Non of the city folks probably know how to farm or produce food, but they will probably kill the farmer who does non the less. Because their survival skills are not very good so they will make poor choices.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

which country would likely recover first after the ( likely ) coming economic troubles ?

likely the country that wins the war(s) that ( likely) commence after the economies crash!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Too true, its kinda scary when you think about like that.
Well if everyone heads for the hills, i'll move into buckingham palace and walk around naked all day with the crown on my head singing REM's 'Its the end of the world as we know it!'.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Obviously - some folks haven't heard...

The "depression" you so fearfully have subjected yourselves to does not exist. You are drinking the kool aid again!

Ask Countries like Chile about it. Even after the devestations of earthquake upon earthquake upon volcanic eruption upon tsunami... they still hold thier own, REFUSE outside help, live, thrive, and prosper. They'd ask you," What's a depression?"

Simple economics creates a stable nation... and happier people.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I don't know about countries as a whole (i.e., status quo), but I would say that the first places to recover would be the places unaffected by any sort of global economic depression. That is to say, those places that are not depended on the global supply chain and non-renewables.

The backwaters and boondocks will survive right on through the way they have been.

top topics

join