It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering Earthquake Victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Searching through my database for a file (that i still have not found) i came across an article that shocked me more than headlines with bad and sad news:

part of that article covered the following sentence ‘In 2008 Sichuan made headlines for one of the largest earthquakes in recent history, killing more than 90 000. ‘

what shocked me was the fact how quickly i’m forgetting. it was not too long ago really, i was on a trip through china just weeks after that earthquake and i visited an art gallery in shanghai, i believe it was the GOMA, and was taken by a few exhibitions that showcased that earthquake, one in particular of paintings made by kids expressing their pain and impressions caused by that catastrophe. i was amazed by the amount of love illustrated by the children. i don’t know why i chose this selection, in my mind i remember many others. (unlike in other countries it is normal practice to photograph in Chinese galleries)

i place here some of my photographs of those paintings, with the wish to honour, respect and remember all earthquake victims.

new topics

join