It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine’s ‘last village’ faces the bulldozers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Source: www.globalresearch.ca...

Palestine’s ‘last village’ faces the bulldozers
Lifta to make way for Jewish vacation homes

On a rocky slope dropping steeply away from the busy main road at the entrance to West Jerusalem is to be found a scattering of ancient stone houses, empty and clinging precariously to terraces hewn from the hillside centuries ago.

Although most Israeli drivers barely notice the buildings, this small ghost town -- neglected for the past six decades -- is at the centre of a legal battle fuelling nationalist sentiments on both sides of the Israeli-Palestinian divide.

Picking his way through the cluster of 55 surviving houses, their stone walls invaded by weeds and shrubs, Yacoub Odeh, 71, slipped easily into reminiscences about the halcyon days in Lifta.

He was only eight years old in January 1948 when the advancing Jewish forces put his family and the 3,000 other Palestinian villagers to flight.

I'm not all up on the whole Israel/Palestine issue BUT i do not agree with how Israel treats those poor people. The blockades (really, an act of war/aggression) against them, IMO, is horrible and no government really does anything about it!
If this is true, and they are bulldozing peoples houses just for vacation homes for Isreali's... sick and sad

Anywyas, wanted to pass it on.. thoughts?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Those 'poor' people lol how little you know.....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisX99

Like i said.. not all up on the situation

Enlighten me friend

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

They are poor people. A Stateless group of people who don't even have a pot to pee in.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

ok i knew that! I thought you were gonna go off on me for being anti-semetic or something haha
edit on 7/8/2011 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

Like i said.. not all up on the situation

Enlighten me friend

This is not the kind of person to enlighten you friend.Just ignore and move forward.

top topics

join