It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocalypse Weapons list

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Actualy if it ran off gasoline (like the German Tiger tank) you could steal your gas from all the abandoned cars lying around. Cause if your stuck in traffic and the zombies are comming your going to abandon your car and run. Plus not every gas station has diesel so if you can't find a truck or a diesel station your dead. Statistics don't lie, if only 5% of vehicles run on diesel and your using gas, 95% of cars have fuel that you can take.
Sincerly,
CPL Sabastian Sears (Canadian Armed Fources)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well if I could have three weapons of my choice without exception.. I would take Slayer69 and two other people... Nuff said....
Therian

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is my weapon of choice:

The sword doesn't cut, more like the zombies rip their carcasses open to receive the blade, in most cases i'd imagine it passing right through. Doesn't need ammo, but an occasional sharpening and cleaning. Quiet and effective, doesn't reveal you position to the undead hordes. Great way to keep fit!
edit on 17-8-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I'll take one of these:

1. Deathstar

2 .Mana Machine

And finally but not last:
3. A Cloning Facility

These are all weapons, they ensure my safety and survival. Maybe not what most think of as todays conventional weapons, Im more new school.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Long Range:
Savage Arms Sav 18900 110BA

Medium Range:
Scar 17S

Short Range:
HK USP .45 or Sig 229 in .40

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
cdn1.iofferphoto.com...

cant get to noisy, best if you got only a few to deal with

link couldent go through but the MK11 sniper wepon system is versatile for long range and medium ( no close range cuz of fluid exposure).

en.wikipedia.org...:Glock17.jpg

G17 semi auto or G19, i have a G19 semi beacus of its awsome reliability, although i did want a USP.45 for my birthday....

anyway those are my picks, 9mm is the most common ammo so you must have a pistol.

if your get an MK11 go for the 7.56 rounds (more common then buying the M118LR amunition).

and of cource my heavy frame COBRA crossbow can fire and sized balacned profectile have fun

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
cdn1.iofferphoto.com...

cant get to noisy, best if you got only a few to deal with

link couldent go through but the MK11 sniper wepon system is versatile for long range and medium ( no close range cuz of fluid exposure).

en.wikipedia.org...:Glock17.jpg

G17 semi auto or G19, i have a G19 semi beacus of its awsome reliability, although i did want a USP.45 for my birthday....

anyway those are my picks, 9mm is the most common ammo so you must have a pistol.

if your get an MK11 go for the 7.56 rounds (more common then buying the M118LR amunition).

and of cource my heavy frame COBRA crossbow can fire and sized balacned profectile have fun

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My List. What I actually own.

AMD-65 (7.62x39) short barrel Ak variant. 30 round mags and 75 round drum.

Taurus pt92 9mm pistol.

Mossberg 500 cruiser 12 guage.

2 Rossi break action single shot .410 shotguns sawed off to 4 inch barrels and cut down to pistol grips.

14 inch Roman axe head on 16 inch oak handle.

Gerber Gator Machette.

Double layered leather bomber jacket (bite proof neck torso and arms)

I'd either carry the mossberg or the Rossi's but not both at the same time. too much weight. And don't let the single break action fool you, they are fast and simple to reload so you pop one and start reloading and keep the second "at the ready".

What I would WANT given the time, funds and ability.

2 Saiga .410 semi-auto shotguns sawed off to 6 inch barrels with 25 round drum magazines. Pistol grip with Attached forearm brace from Forearm Walking crutches Bolted onto the bottom of the pistol grip to help make using 2 shotguns akimbo more stable.

2 Full auto glock 9mm with 30 round mags.

Cold Steel 2 hand machete.

Full face Motorcycle helmet

Full body double leather MotoGP riding suit. (bite proof from head to toe)

Steel core motorcycle racing boots.

Addressing the idea of .22 being sufficient for zombie survival. I disagree. While recoil and carry weight and capacity are all wonderful with .22lr and even .22mag Accuracy is the real issue. .22 is small, so you have to be a superb marksman, OR you have to let the zombies get really REALLY close.
And if you have to wait for the zombies to get right on top of you, then it's just a matter of time before you miss one up close, and he makes you a zombie.

.410 in my opinion is the optimum zombie killing round. You get 6 buckshot, with a decent spread at 50 feet, and the recoil is low enough a normal person can handle sustained fire with nothing more than stinging palms.
It gives you the ability to load magnum rounds and potentially kill 2-3 zombies at once, and it is really common to find in most sporting goods stores, and mega stores like wal mart.

With sporting loads you could shoot even faster and potentially still take off 2 zombie heads with 1 shot if they are spaced properly.

But I'm kind of paranoid about zombies.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
these have to be most stupid type of threads ever...
but each time it gets loads of posts and goes for pages.
i even feel stupid for posting in one but i have to say...

in this fictional scenario my weapons would be my teeth and nails, brains are tasty.

i mean theres millions of you wanting to play rambo on resident evil, who the hell is gonna be the zombies.

those actually considering this scenario will probably be the zombies.

you all play hero, im on the zombies side

now brains or GTFO

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Bravo sir! I applaud you for taking one for the team. There would be no zombie heros without zombies. You sir, are one of the good indians, good robbers, and good aliens of our times.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I think in a zombi apocalypse you'd always want reliability so I'd have my 12 gauge pump loaded with 000 buck .357 revolver (common ammo plus can shoot .38's and plenty big enough) a trust aluminum bat and a Ka-bar

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
my ideal (and due to my family's hunting habits attainable) equipment is as follows:

long range aka "hey, see that? is that a zombie?": either .223 with hollow points (very common ammo, virtually no recoil, very accurate) or .17 cal (same reasons, but better scope, though lower power).

mid range aka, "look, a zombie": .22 cal with hollow points. probably my savage, im more comfortable with it than any of the others. or a 410 with slugs, low recoil, fairly accurate.

close range aka, KILL IT!!: my old youth model remington 20 gauge with buckshot and a very loose choke (stock with birdshot has a grouping like my fist at 20 yards, too tight for that kind of fighting at that kind of range).

closer range aka too close for comfort: if > 3 my dads buckmark .22, small profile, decent capacity, very accurate. if

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
since you can't CARRY all that bs, you won't have it when it's needed. I don't care about zombies. In most forums, zombies is a code word for jbt's, or looters. For shtf, I favor a sound suppressed AR15 carbine in 223, with a Ciener .22lr conversion unit. In fact, that's the only longarm I bother to keep above ground, altho a Marlin Papoose .22 takedown IS cached, someplace. :-) The 11.5" barrel and 6.5" of silencer add up to a still-handy overall length (OAL). For shtf, I see no reason to jettison my standard ccw pistol, which is a 15 oz Kahr CM9, worn in a front pants pocket holster. I would, however, add a 13 oz Keltec Pf9 pocket 9mm, but it will be "wearing" its .22lr conversion unit (from Twisted Industries) and an aluminum sound suppressor, making it 8.5" long and making it weigh 1 1/4 lb.

The skinny barrel and carbon fiber stock, free float tube and receiver make the AR weigh a mere 4 lbs, the scope and mount add 3/4 lb, so does the "can". With a match trigger, match ammo and bipod, the scoped AR will get better than 50% hits on a man silohuette at 500 yds, and it still has 300 ft lbs of power left out there, given a boattailed hp match bullet and a powder charge customized for the short barrel. The See thru scope mount lets me also use the luminous iron sights. Normally, the AR "wears" its Elcan red dot optic sight, but if shtf, the batteries would go fairly soon, so the carrying handle would have to be mounted, along with the scope, if I was in open country in daylight, which is not at all in the plans, but might happen. Until then, the 2x7 Compact Leupold scope can serve as a monocular, for viewing objects closely, without having to get within easy range of same. My total wt of guns and ammo for shtf is 14 lbs. .22's for the Ciener unit are 135 to the lb, I carry 1 lb. There is but 3 (30 rd) mags of 223 ammo in the BOB. By the time I shoot 30 rds of 223 and 20 rds of .22lr, I will be buried in guns and ammo that I will have taken from dead enemies, so there is no reason for me to burden myself with lots of ammo or mags.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
there will be a LOT more diesel fuel than gas left after shtf. CAuse big trucks, farm tractors, etc, will NOT be used, and because diesel will last for years, and still be usable if you filter out the water. Gasoline turns to varnish in a year, 2-3 years if you add Stabil to it. Also, diesel engines can run on soybeen or peanut oil, the Chinese do this daily. So you are QUITE wrong in your advocasy of the gasoline engine, except for the first few days of shtf, with a quiet MOTORCYCLE, for off SLOW road travel, at night, with NVD goggles.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join