It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Atheism is being promoted by TPTB

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
when are all these mental cases going to wake up and realise that there is not some special land above the clouds, believe me I have been up there and its just blue sky and sunshine, with not an angel in sight.

I can see a day 2000 years from now after an apocolypse, where the remaining people find the harry potter collection and start believing in that crap, building temples for that old guy who looks a bit like santa clause would if he never cut his beard or hair.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
when are all these mental cases going to wake up and realise that there is not some special land above the clouds, believe me I have been up there and its just blue sky and sunshine, with not an angel in sight.

It ain't up there, it's inside of you.

This is how you can interpret Jesus Christ:

Jesus= Je suis=French for I am
Christ= Crystal

I am Crystal--> the light is within yourself.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by applebaum

It's not about the interpretation of a certain religion.
It's about "your" actions here on earth. Do you follow your heart and sense for justice or are you seduced by the freedom of atheism?

Seduced by the freedom of atheism.. I dare say that atheists are more moral that most church goers (we can also paint with a broad brush), We tend to take personal responsibility for things -- we are the ones that have to forgive ourselves -- takes a lot more than putting a buck in the collection plate and receiving absolution. We also tend to think more about our morals and the effects they have on the society in which we live.

If the TPTB (doubtful) are pushing atheism more power to them -- frankly I am quit tired of the social conservatives and their undeserved holier than thou attitude. I take offense at your bigoted ignorance.
edit on 8-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Atheists are really offended by this OP and understandably so. However, their emotional reactions do not diminish the truth or soundness of the argument. Even more,the emotional responses by the majority of atheists betray a fundamental misunderstanding of the argument. No one is saying that atheists are not moral or are incapable of behaving well. I affirm that they can and do. There are many good citizens and well behaved human beings that do not believe in God. However, that has no bearing on the point.

In a universe of blind physical forces and genetic
replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people
are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason
in it, nor any justice. The universe we observe has precisely
the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom,
no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but
blind, pitiless indifference. As that unhappy poet A. E. Housman
put it:

For Nature, heartless, witless Nature
Will neither care nor know.

DNA neither cares nor knows. DNA just is. And we dance
to its music.

Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden, (New York: Harper Collins, 1995), 133.

The famous Russian novel The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky is famous for exploring the belief that in a world without God "everything is permitted." The point is that given atheism there is no objective grounding for morality. There's no reason not to cheat when no one will find out because nobody will ever know and it is to your advantage. Ultimately on atheism, the people who cheat to get ahead but are never caught - get away with it. Thus,on atheism the bad guys win. The drug dealer that makes millions on the misery and addiction of thousands of people, leads a glamorous opulent lifestyle and dies of old age is an atheistic success story. There is no such thing as ultimate justice, its simply what you can get away with. After all in a Darwinian reality all the truly matters is spreading you DNA as widely as possible. Helping the weak, feeding the hungry, loving you neighbor are simply emotional platitudes. On atheism, there's nothing truly wrong or immoral with anything you chose to do. After all, like Dawkins says you're just dancing to to the music of your DNA.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Does it make you feel better to attack the people who have freed themselves from superstition?
Do you really think that we stopped believing so that we could do whatever we want?

Because "The Powers That Be" want this western society aka you (assuming most members are from these regions) to be more rotten than rotten, it's clearly one of their goals!

Please identify TPTB that are pushing atheism on to people.

Only on a few places like ATS you can from time to time read posts by people that still got common sense

You need more than common sense to even begin understanding life and the world around you. Common sense is just that, common.

ignorant atheist cattle that dominates this completely ........ up society on every level. Especially in the "civilized" western region of the world Atheism has done its job properly.

You mean the %1.6 of Americans who explicitly describe themselves as atheist? Yes we dominate so much my delusional friend. What exactly is atheism's job? If you mean secularizing society, we aren't even close to being completely secular.

Have you ever wondered why the most secular countries are doing the best in so many areas?

Atheism is a "all Clear"-Sign for taking no responsibility for "your" actions. It's a free ticket for egoism, narcissism, cheating, lying, violence, vulgarity and indecent behavior. Because according to atheists there is no life after death, it's just this one time that you are here. So "you" want to have as much fun as possible regardless of the consequences for the rest of the world/people. Right?

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods, nothing more. It is not a way to avoid responsibility for our actions. We take all the responsibility for our actions instead of lumping all our sins onto a scapegoat, vicarious redemption through Jesus, and then declaring ourselves forgiven. I have no logical reason to believe there is life after death so I will live this one to the fullest. I will do everything I can to make this one life mean as much as possible while trying my best to leave behind a better world. Why do you think 'having fun' would require any kind of consequences? Is it you that thinks you must live an immoral life in order to lead a full life?

Absolute baloney.

edit on 8-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've always thought the big push to remove God from the common citizen was for one simple reason.

If you have no God, you can be purchased to do anything.

If you have no God, I can pay to you rape, kill, pillage and hate...even if the price is billions of dollars, without a God you can be bought.

But a man/woman with God will accept no level of payment for such things.

Remove a man's God and you can become that God and have him worship you. And it has been working full effect, decade after decade as we all sink deeper into a sickness, worshiping media stars, currencies, trinkets, baubles, sexual acts and horrendous idols.

I'm not trying to say God is real or not...but I am saying without a God (real or false) you have a void inside you that can be filled easily by the worst kind of people and things.

Just my opinion...one I've had for a long time.

MM

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I am atheist. I am (or try) to be respectful, honest, responsible for my actions and everything else. Although, I have no qualms in operating in the gray area to get things done when need be.

I also have little to no use for TPTB and hold them in extreme contempt.

So, what is that saying?
edit on 8-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

You are just as conditioned as religious people.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

If you have no God, I can pay to you rape, kill, pillage and hate...even if the price is billions of dollars, without a God you can be bought.

If I give you a god I can get you to do it for free.

I am sorry but that was complete nonsense.

People with god will do those things just as often as those that are without god.

Really they will do it more, especially if it is in the name of their god.

Religion is man made and adapted its morality from mankind. We do not need a concept of god in order to live a moral and just life.

edit on 8-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Life is a space between two nothings ! = No consequences. Now think degenerates.

Really good thread SnF.

edit on 8-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by signwearer

I am not sure I understand what you are getting at?
How am I conditioned?
What am I conditioned too?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
the famed TPTB are not supporting any belief system over others.
what they are supporting is conflict between belief systems.

wich is working like a charm as already noted in this thread.

mention atheism, christianity or any other, and conflict will ensue.

the old us and them paradigm.

thats whats up

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

If the TPTB (doubtful) are pushing atheism more power to them -- frankly I am quite tired of the social conservatives and their undeserved holier than thou attitude.

If TPTB are pushing anything. It would be organized religion.

Its far easier to control someone who is already being controlled.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Right, this is my first ever post. I have been a long time watcher and this is the sort of post that really annoys me. I have never believed in 'god' and never will. I like to think that hurting people isn't good, but it isnt because i am going to hell but because it is going to hurt someone. The best feeling in life is helping someone and that gives me a buzz, but because I don't believe in god im going to Hell. But at least that is where all the hookers, beer and drugs are!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So you admit atheists are out of control ?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Even Jesus liked his wine!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I've always thought the big push to remove God from the common citizen was for one simple reason.

If you have no God, you can be purchased to do anything.

But a man/woman with God will accept no level of payment for such things.

That is pure ignorance.

God believers live for death. They live for the reward at the end. They do good to please someone outside themselves.

Atheists live for life. Every day is important and what you contribute to this world - - because it has to count Now - Today.

Atheists do things because it needs to be done. Not because of a reward at the end.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes those who claim some kind of absolute truth over humanity, ignore all logic and reason in order to cling to their myths, and teach defenseless children outright lies while telling them they are going to hell if they don't believe are the worst kinds of degenerates.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ultimately, if the gods wanted me to believe and follow their commands then they screwed up big time for giving me the ability to otherwise ignore everything they tell me to do or should do. Their biggest mistake was giving me free-will, because I exploit that for all it is worth.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

If TPTB are pushing anything. It would be organized religion.

Its far easier to control someone who is already being controlled.

Not true, and it is demonstrable from history. Simply take a look at totalitarian regimes like the USSR, Communist China, North Korea. One of the very first thing these regimes do is eradicate religion, specifically Christianity. Why?
Because, Christian answer to a higher authority than the state. In the first century Christians were martyred for not worshiping the Roman emperor. Christians are killed and persecuted in Korea and China today for not being loyal to the state cult. TPTB always promote atheism.

Stalin made tearing down the churches and imprisoning the pastors one of his top priorities:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

From reading your other posts you don't have much intellectual honesty do you?

No atheists are not restricted in their thoughts. They can wonder at the beauty of the world and universe without having to postulate a god. We aren't controlled by superstition and dogma.

You will never see an atheists strap on a bomb and blow themselves up in the name of reason.

You will see the religious very easily do some of the most atrocious things in the name of their god. People are easy to control mentally if you give them a religion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join