It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Atheism is being promoted by TPTB

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
— Christopher Hitchens

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

The more he drinks, the more sense he makes

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

This isn't a conspiracy, there's no evidence; if anything; religion itself was a conspiracy and is used to control those who are willing to believe what ever the religion tells them.

I think it's more likely that religion has built up like a snowball from an age where questions went unanswered; and man only had superstitious answers to fill the gaps.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekisu
I think that if the only reason people act in a moral way is due to fear of some divine retribution, we're screwed anyway. People shouldn't base their actions on fear, when you do that, s#!t will eventually hit the fan. Be a good person because you want to, be a good person because it makes you smile. Besides, it's the logical thing to do.

Yep - its that simple

But - those who've lived their life being good out of fear - - can not accept that - - it is that simple.

They can't accept being good just because.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Click on You tube link underneath the vid if you choose to watch.

edit on 10-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This man was corrected and his claims debunked:-

Please take the time to see why the statement "Atheism is a religion" is false.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

See I understand everything "the old fart"" Santa Claus" says, can be refuted. It's ad-hominems that prove he certainly upset the one doing the refuting., So why get all upset ?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I see the nitwit chap who’s video you posted is so convinced of his own argument that he has disable commenting

Now let’s see if you can follow this – atheist's see bible god in the same way you see santa claus – that’s it, there’s nothing more to it

if you still don’t understand please let me know - I have some finger puppets somewhere and I am willing to have another go at explaining this

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Creationists see everything in the world, that is around them.
Because everthing that is around them, was created.
Atheist close their eyes to everything that was created.
As if everything was created around them. Randyvious

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's called a joke.

Learn what ad hominem actually is;

argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to link the truth of a claim to a negative characteristic or belief of the person advocating it.

Highlighting that the user looked like Santa Claus did nothing to demean the arguments being made by the user who looks like Santa Claus.

No ad hominems are required beacuse the statements made are completely false; the video is an ill-educated attempt at describing Atheism as a religion; which it is not.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief; there is no dogma; and you can choose whichever philosophical or moral positions you like, Atheism doesn't come with prejudice and it isn't (always) a positive claim.

I'm guessing you ignored the rest of the rebuttals.
edit on 10-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm seeing you ignored the, "Old fart" ad-hominem. The only joke is your lame attempt at candy coating.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Atheism like religion is a phobia that leads you to a compelling desire to avoid the opposite , they are like capitalism and communism. Do not enter both philosophy because you will close your self into a box which was build by other.
Now the alternative is out there, one single thought should free you from both conviction:
The present Moment is Eternal, the rest is an illusion, atheism included.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Click on you tube link underneath video.
Christians do not commit suicide.
Sorry but this stuff has been along time coming behind the insults and threatening U2Us

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Atheism gets boring and I like to read stories and apply them to my vivid thoughts and try to battle my own weaknesses using positive role models as examples. Religion has lots of positive role models in general but I also take life lessons from books, theatre, television, cinema, computer games and amazing real life heroes. I would never say never to any idea so technically I'm agnostic.

I already have my model established on how 'stuff' is (everything from my own self educated view on life, death, who, what, how, where, why etc..) as long as it makes sense to me and my model I can accept it. I cannot accept faith as fact however but I will not 100% dismiss it. I just put it in a 'what if' box at the back of my thoughts with aliens, ghosts, bigfoot and all the cool stuff which I admit I want to be real but it's more than likely not.

I like to dream being a theoretical thinker and I'm open to any religion right now as long as its for a laugh or helps people in a positive way. I find most religions take themselves too seriously and then it gets violent as those dumb arguments break out about which imaginary friend and stories are real (I mean come on) but as no religion can prove itself, just for fun I'm tempted to try out polytheism using the classical ancient Greece theology model. Just because it sounds fun and those gods invented the term 'Mighty'.

I would never go to war over those pagan, polytheist beliefs...

...unless Ares the god of war told me to

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
Atheism like religion is a phobia that leads you to a compelling desire to avoid the opposite

Atheism is not opposite of anything.

It is just lack of a belief in a deity.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Even without the "Santa" or "old fart" comment; his points are still coherent; and highlight the old man's ignorance and prejudice.

You ignored all the other points because they are inconvenient to your preaching.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No you assume I ignored them, the same way you assume there is no God.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks randy.

Laters.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ten people who give atheism a bad name.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

LOL

Would you like a list of people that give religion or "Theism" a bad name?

Glad that link didn't inlcude Hitler, anyway.

Even if they did some "bad" things, it doesn't say ANYTHING about Atheism; atheism is simply a lack of belief in a deity.

They don't give Atheism a bad name; they give themselves a bad name,.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join