It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Atheism is being promoted by TPTB

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Because "The Powers That Be" want this western society aka you (assuming most members are from these regions) to be more rotten than rotten, it's clearly one of their goals! Common sense has become rare and that's their intention. Only on a few places like ATS you can from time to time read posts by people that still got common sense. But it's getting rarer. Society has lost its mind. TPTB have got you there where they want you and with you I don't mean the freethinkers but the ignorant atheist cattle that dominates this completely ........ up society on every level. Especially in the "civilized" western region of the world Atheism has done its job properly.

Atheism is a "all Clear"-Sign for taking no responsibility for "your" actions. It's a free ticket for egoism, narcissism, cheating, lying, violence, vulgarity and indecent behavior. Because according to atheists there is no life after death, it's just this one time that you are here. So "you" want to have as much fun as possible regardless of the consequences for the rest of the world/people. Right?

But what will happen when people suddenly became aware of their actions? What if some event caused that everyone could sense what someone else is feeling? What would happen when people suddenly feel what they are doing or have done to others? Would if you would suddenly feel the pain and sadness of that child in China that sewed your trousers for $0.50 a day?
I wonder how many people would be very ashamed for- and disgusted by themselves because they took willingly advantage of it? Will many people suffer a spontaneous depression or a nervous breakdown? Will many people go insane? Will there be mass Suicides? Is that what TPTB wants?
Don't answer that question only for yourself, but ask yourself how the herds will respond too.

I'm not a religious man but I do believe that there is more between heaven and earth, I've seen too many (personal) coincidences that have convinced me that there is more to life than atheism, but what? That is also one of the reasons I joined ATS.
Despite the overwhelming amount of hoaxes, pranks and misinterpretations, there is still plenty of stuff that can't be debunked. I also think there is some truth in the so called judgment day, 2012 and other doomsday scenarios. My gut feeling (that I've experienced every since I was a kid) says that it won't be long now, things are speeding up. It's not my gut feeling alone, my personal experiences like genuine sightings, an experience with a poltergeist, the many prophecies, years of intensive researching the mysteries of this Earth, modern science (string theory) and many other things confirmed this feeling many other members here on ATS experience in some way.

Baloney or...?

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I am atheist. I am (or try) to be respectful, honest, responsible for my actions and everything else. Although, I have no qualms in operating in the gray area to get things done when need be.

I also have little to no use for TPTB and hold them in extreme contempt.

So, what is that saying?
edit on 8-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I definitely think there is something spiritual/extraterrestrial/both going on with 'TPTB'.
I know there is a lot more to life than what we perceive.
But do I think 'TPTB' are pruning us for the devil?
Probably not.
Although the 666 barcode thing is pretty damn scary.

Problem is that religion has been created and tampered with so much by man that any truth in it has been lost amongst all the crap.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I am atheist. I am (or try) to be respectful, honest, responsible for my actions and everything else. Although, I have no qualms in operating in the gray area to get things done when need be.

I also have little to no use for TPTB and hold them in extreme contempt.

So, what is that saying?
edit on 8-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

It is saying you are using your mind and feelings for most things, just not everything..

You have an open mind about some things, but not everything, is exactly what you are revealing with your proclamations...

Maybe some day you will open up to further possibilities...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I honestly hope and pray that when and if shtf we will all be back to square one and remember where we came from and my gut feeling is even when/if that were to happen there will still be people who will not believe.

It is the world we live in. Because of personal experiences I do believe in an after life. Some have not experienced a hard life with one mountain to climb after another where as needed "something" to keep going. My "something" cannot be measured, only felt. Like Love....an emotion if you will.

At the end of the day I know where I am going and where I came from ....I wish to prove it to others by conveying my own experiences but even then.....they did not "feel" how I felt.

There is definitely more "out there" but it will only come to those who believe. A feeling cannot be denied but it can only be felt by the one experiencing it.

I do not judge others for their belief or non belief but get judged often for mine. I also do not think that every atheist is a non caring person that cannot know right from wrong just because they do not believe in a God.

I say ....walk in my shoes and then tell me what you think. I can put myself in others shoes and know why they believe or not believe in an after life.

Perception based on experience may indeed play a role with a belief of God or a non belief...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Maybe some day you will open up to further possibilities...

I have enough on my plate right now, once I get what I already have on the plate figured out I will consider other things to be open-minded about. I cannot take on any more things than I already have, it is maddening as it is, I do not need anymore.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

It's the same answer I get from people in my personal life that don't want to get confronted with the truth. They deny and tell lies so they don't have to take any blame although they are the ones to blame.

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Atheism is a "all Clear"-Sign for taking no responsibility for "your" actions. It's a free ticket for egoism, narcissism, cheating, lying, violence, vulgarity and indecent behavior. Because according to atheists there is no life after death, it's just this one time that you are here. So "you" want to have as much fun as possible regardless of the consequences for the rest of the world/people. Right?

Wrong! I am an Atheist. I have morals, take responsibility for my actions, care about my fellow man, contribute to the betterment of the community I reside in via community service and more. I resent this type of statement that paints atheists as the evil doers of the world simply because scientific evidence has yet to prove a creator, life after death and more. This type of belief system and lack of critical thinking is what drew our world into the dark ages that contained the Christian crusades, witch hunts and more.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Regenstorm is just another godist desperately holding onto an outdated model of thinking.Godists need others to believe what they believe or their beliefs start to look shoddy.

edit on 8-7-2011 by ARandomAfflictionOfSense because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Wrong.
An atheist cannot claim "the devil made me do it".

I'm not religious, because I don't know. I live with the philosophy of "what if".

It sounds like you're saying that atheists are bad people, because they think they'll only be here once, therefore they can do what the want because they won't have consequences, but how do you reconcile that belief with the amount of religious people that are pedophiles, screw around on their wives, beat their children, etc.......

Religious or not religious, that isn't what makes the person good or bad.
If that was true, there wouldn't be any religious people breaking laws.

But what will happen when people suddenly became aware of their actions? What if some event caused that everyone could sense what someone else is feeling? What would happen when people suddenly feel what they are doing or have done to others?

That would be the best thing that could happen to people. Compassion, empathy, tolerance, understanding. Probably a lot of guilt too.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

It's not about the interpretation of a certain religion.
It's about "your" actions here on earth. Do you follow your heart and sense for justice or are you seduced by the freedom of atheism?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

For, me I do not think that is the case.

According to the definition you posted, other than being atheist, I am the complete opposite.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Problem is that religion has been created and tampered with so much by man that any truth in it has been lost amongst all the crap.
reply to post by TechUnique

This is where I came to a dead stop and decided that instead of giving up on the Energy of Creation (God) I would give up on taking "man" for his word and began researching and seeking Truth. Everything I read and experience leads me to one Particle I call God.

If our Elite are really worshiping a 40 ft Owl and chanting weird stuff....I would say they are definitely not on "our" side.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

What a load of BS this is. First of all "Atheists" take on full responsibility for their actions, due to that fact that there is no GOD who has laid all of our actions out for us.

Do you really believe that all "Atheists" run around care free doing whatever they please and dont give a damn about other people? i will wager you that one of the most common tattoos in ANY prison is most likely a crucifix, or other CHRISTIAN religous icon.

I think you see more "Atheisim" from your PTB because people are evolving as a species to not have to rely on a GOD Monster to run their lives for them.

Its sad that evolution is a slow process.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Atheism is a "all Clear"-Sign for taking no responsibility for "your" actions.

Ignorant as hell...

Your claim is little more than a poor substitute for critical thinking. So, in your watered down opinion, the only way for any action to have value or success is if the individual in question lives forever..?

Atheism promotes ideas in which to identify with and to build one’s life upon and apart from god...it's that simple.

Making more out of than that is a sure sign of your own insecurity...but hey - at least you got that going for you.

edit on 8-7-2011 by facelift because: add an 's'...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You don't have to be religious to believe in a creator. Why deny yourself hope, of never again for all eternity, of having some form of life or consciousness beyond this? I've never understood Atheism and the belief of "this is it" to life. Why are we here then? I DON'T believe, me being me is just a big accident.
edit on 8-7-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I for one, will never believe.

whether that makes me good or bad is only seen in your eyes. I just am.

my own morality determines the repurcussions of my actions, not a deity. I can choose to steal, I can choose to love.
but I cannot choose to be, the universe has chosen for me.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

reply to post by TechUnique

If our Elite are really worshiping a 40 ft Owl and chanting weird stuff....I would say they are definitely not on "our" side.

Unfortunately , that 40ft. owl is witchcraft at it's highest level , and those Bohemian rascals are in control ,
and that is only the first of many nasty rituals they engage in . They are evil , and their darkness spreads it's fog over us all !

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah so as an atheist***, I'm pretty sick and tired of being accused of being a moraless heathen. To be perfectly honest, Christians tend to be the most self-righteous, egotistical, and down right judgmental, group of all. They preach that their way is the only way and in some more extreme cases, are preparing their children for a holy war (this is not a joke, check out the documentary "Jesus Camp" it will make your head spin). This post is inflammatory, and speculative at best.

To me, atheism has freed me from the bonds of conventional spirituality, and has enabled me to think for my self, critically, and analytically. I find myself to be a more ethical human being, with more compassion and empathy, than I was when practicing Christianity (albeit that was a decade ago). I find that most religious people, are put in a bad situation, their thinking tends to be along the lines of "well, god has plan", or "everything happens for a reason". This is scapegoating and will have a negative impact on your life, because it relieves you of responsibility. In atheism, there is no thought train like that. If something bad happens, you don't chalk it up to a deity, you figure out what caused the bad thing, and then attempt to work on a logical solution.

Atheists also tend to be more empathic than religious people. Atheists are more likely to support gay rights/marriage, more likely to be anti-war, more likely to be pro-gun regulation, more likely to be feminists, and more likely to be anti-republican and anti-tea party. I'm not trying to say that all atheists are better than all Christians, that would be insane and just not true, but how many atheists, are out there stocking up on food, water, guns and ammo, and bugging out to secret underground caves, because they're convinced that their "maker" is coming back in October??? None??? Oh that's right. I'm not going to say that atheists are more rational people but... actually I AM going to say that we are more rational people.

***By the way, in regards to this post only, when I say 'atheist' I'm going to lump people who consider themselves agnostic into this, and most people who are anti-organized religion.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
Yeah so as an atheist***, I'm pretty sick and tired of being accused of being a moraless heathen. To be perfectly honest, Christians tend to be the most self-righteous, egotistical, and down right judgmental, group of all.

No kidding. And I was brought up Christian - - so I am not talking about something I don't know.

Actually - - Wiccans have been the most loving accommodating and accepting people I have ever met. I have found most of the Earth believers tend to be that way.

After many years searching for God - - I am now Atheist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join