It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Left-Right is a lie

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The comments within the thread confirm that 'right v. left' is, in fact, the truth and not a lie. There is a distinction between economic ideals and social ideals, you cannot deny that. You will never build bridges saying that we're just imagining our differences, we can focus on our similiarities and compromise on our differences.

According to your definition, I'm an enemy.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by ANOK

You, quit playing the left side of "The Left-v-Right" paradigm and start playing for the same team we all are playing for.

USA, USA, USA, USA, NOW AND FOREVER!
edit on 10-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

LOL no, this is not a game where we take sides, sorry. I stand by what I believe in, not who the winning side is.

What you believe in in this case is continuing the "Left-v-Right" paradigm as you clearly do not know any other way nor will you ever put nation above party. I'm a Centrist leaning liberal but I do not always back the libral side of things as my stance is predicated upon The American ideals.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
The comments within the thread confirm that 'right v. left' is, in fact, the truth and not a lie. There is a distinction between economic ideals and social ideals, you cannot deny that. You will never build bridges saying that we're just imagining our differences, we can focus on our similiarities and compromise on our differences.

According to your definition, I'm an enemy.

If you always put nation above party you are clearly not an enemy. But if you put party above nation you are just misinformed and misproritized. I however will not ever label another American as my enemy. My enemy is declared as TPTB!
edit on 12-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
wonderfully written:

The below pic kind of sums up the way I would assume most citizens would categorize the ideologies of left and right. I think in the next 2 presidential elections, we will see a blurrier and blurrier line as far as the stance the public chooses as their "party", and that the rise of the independents will reshape the concerns of the real issues and water down some of the partisan bigotry.

edit: image
Full image here - infobeautiful2.s3.amazonaws.com...

edit on 12-7-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Where'd you find this, I'd love to see and save the full thing!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

bah! i'm still trying to edit the image so it can fit

I found it on another forum, had it saved a while back, im sure you could find in some different searches on google.

Edit: ok i fixed it - and put a link in there

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join