It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is murdoch trying to get bskyb cheaper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i havent done hrs of research on this so any hole please fill as this is just a thought of mine

1st off when the news broke that the NOTW had been hacking greiving familys shares dropped in news internatinal

then james murdoch anounces that this sundays NOTW will be the last one and there will be a seven day sun, shares start to rise again

but now because of all this going on with murdoch share are now starting to fall at BskyB, so murdoch more than likley get the ok to buy BskyB but how much will the sares fall by this time

the deal was worth £9 - 11 billion but this will surely drop if prices of shares drop?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I doubt it, although it wouldn't be surprising. From what I understand Sky will be wanting assurances from News International, and as a result may be asking for an increased offer from News International.

If the British government has any backbone, they will do what they can to block the buy out.
But seeing as PM Cameron likes to bend over and take it from Murdoch, then I guess he will soon own Sky.

I expect Sky news will go the way of Fox New in the US.

Oh dear!

st.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have my doubts that he will get BSKYB especially not at a cut down rate...

My understanding is the decline in price is as a result of investors feeling he will not get a strangle hold on Sky and that there is some sort of conflict going on behind the scenes to ensure he doesn't get that stranglehold.

In the last 48 hrs the commissioners have had over 140000 objections and given public sentiment they are now obligated to look into each objection.

The timing of the recent outpouring of scandalous information about NotW and the deadline for objections to be made in relation to the take over is IMHO a tad too coincidental.

I honestly do not think this will be the last we have heard of this as the scandal widens and includes more and more people/publications/ministers.
edit on 8/7/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Too soon to tell, its not like CNN is going to tell us or anything

top topics

join