It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: I Think We Give More To The Gov't Now Than The 'Serf's' Had To Give To Their Gov't!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

This is so true... I mean I guess im in the lower "class", Never really had a chance at a job which payed 15+ per hour... Ive always had to pay out about 1/4 of my total income to taxes and other crap...

Ive recently lost my job(crappy job with no future anyways)... And I must say the only real motivation for finding a job would be one which would be "under the table" so to speak... I dont condone these illegal wars and do not want to continue funding them... Nor do I want to be taxed without being represented... and there is no such way to do so... What choice do we have anymore?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well we really do not own things we buy..

EX: A registration for a car is only leasing a car the gvmt can come and take it if they want..

Land well Eminent Domain well you really dont own land if they want it, They can just take it..

If you think you own anything you are wrong.. You are lucky to own your own soul.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

EX: A registration for a car is only leasing a car the gvmt can come and take it if they want..

Land well Eminent Domain well you really dont own land if they want it, They can just take it..

If you think you own anything you are wrong.. You are lucky to own your own soul.

I don't think your car statement is accurate. The registration is right to drive (registering) the car in a particular state. The title to the car is what shows ownership. If the car is paid off then the title should be in your possession.

The government has confiscated a number of items via the war on drugs and illegal earnings, but, though this is not an area of expertise for me: I don't think that they can just take your car.

You are correct regarding eminent domain. And my feeligns on that are mixed.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
We pay taxes because of the Federal Reserve and Internal Revenue Service, which are not part of the Federal Government. The government is held hostage by the Federal Reserve. The banks own the Federal Reserve so it prints money out of thin air and uses fractional banking by loaning it to our government, which we in turn pay taxes to them. Our government can print its own money out of thin air but the banks are acting as middlemen. Just look at the money they have accumulated using your money. Plus read this article: Bankers Built Private Empires on Public Credit

www.henrymakow.com...

Big 6 Banks Worth 64% of Nation’s GDP…up from 17% in 1995

JPMorgan Chase alone controls 46% of all bank deposits in the U.S. Here is the approximate asset value of each of the Big 6 Banks:
· JPMorgan Chase--$2 trillion
· Bank of America--$2 trillion
· Citigroup--$2 trillion
· Well Fargo--$1 trillion
· Goldman Sachs--$880 million
· Morgan Stanley--$820 million.

Owning 64% of the nations GDP makes the bank so powerful they control our government and influence policies.

edit on 8-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
grow some weed brother, spread life and make profit.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stoptheinsanity2012

I second that idea

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stoptheinsanity2012

Right, spread life by making profit. I say that profit kills life. Those cheap labor that America will provide when it becomes a third world sure will spread life in this country when the time comes to harvest the American people to make profit by paying them very low wages.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Which begs the question; is Ron Paul really this stupid and poorly-educated, or is jut just an act to appeal to the morons who cheer for him?

of course, nothing says it can't be both; Paul / Bachman 2012; Let freedumb ring.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

How would you feel about 10% taxes paid directly to local gov for the facilitation of civil order and charity (voted on locally - by district - determined by, first, local population and, secondly, physical boundaries), and needs which reach further (water acquisition and distribution, waterway protection, oil acquisition and distribution, etc.) should be payed up to from and by local needs rather than from individuals, up to the feds, and then down again from the federal level. I truly believe that to be taxed by strangers is strange. Taxes should only occur on a local level and should facilitate, primarily, local needs. Also, homesteading needs to be legalized, as well as urban homesteading. However, government run by strangers is not able to sustainably facilitate gentle and wise considerations for all of the different circumstances that arise from such freedoms. Cookie-cutter laws that substitute good judgment for blind judgment are police-state fostering decayed crap. C'est la vie... either the false shepherds will fall and freedom will break into chaos, or the false shepherds will repent and conduct themselves in an orderly and charitable manner so that freedom is fostered in a godly manner. I hope life grows gently and properly... War would just be plain messy in our advanced times.

note - I want to encourage the idea that taxes should be voluntary. I know it sounds a bit nutty, but if a government does it's job, it is worth paying. If it doesn't people don't want to pay. And if people don't pay, then the government is naturally throttled.
edit on 7/8/2011 by Dasher because: note

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Totally agree, Its a step in the right direction...

Why cant we vote on pulling out of all these wars? A real vote!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Why not? Because when you vote for a stranger, you are giving away your vote to their control. I am not opposed to government, or voting, but only so that those things preserve godly (read: truly civilized) conduct instead of thievery and destruction. I would go to war to defend the President's life (or anyone else in our union) if our Union was invaded, but for such a system of strangers to control so much power is simply unsustainable and self-destructive. While they have morally stolen such power and called it law, it is only as powerful as the people allow it to be. Same with "money" that is based on non-vital commodities. Gold standard? That would help... How about a food, salt, water, and other commodities (like hemp, cotton, oil, etc) standard? Maybe people will find out that while "money" may not grow on trees or come from the earth, real value does. What a plundered, squandered and forgotten source of wealth for all!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by morder1

Which begs the question; is Ron Paul really this stupid and poorly-educated, or is jut just an act to appeal to the morons who cheer for him?

of course, nothing says it can't be both; Paul / Bachman 2012; Let freedumb ring.

Nothing says is has to be either one of those either....

It's a false choice type of question

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

The only reason we own our soul is because we are our soul. They can't be us and therefore can't own it.

Our soul is just a way for the creator to experience it's creation as a part of the creation and to learn from it.

We are the creator and we have created this mess for ourselves.

Hence the saying " We create our own destiny" .....Most just don't know how true it is.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

As lovely as this notion may be, it is not entirely accurate. We, as animals, can only create with what is in front of us to use. We may stack things upon each other to make the appearance of "new," but it is certainly not created from nothing. There is a drastic difference between being created to learn to be creators, and simply being the Creator. Without getting into timeline philosophy like the chicken and the egg silliness, what we know to be true is that we are made of dust and share a soul or breath of life. That is not the same as sharing a spirit.

The dirt can stack things upon each other to create great towers, but we are not the Creator so that we can leave our physical bonds. The conversion of soul into fruitful spirit is a work done by the Spirit in a manner similar to how an egg is fertilized. This is why it is said that the earth groans in birth pangs and also why being "born again" is crucial (although the concept seems to have become more novelty than wisdom). We are seeds that grow to be gods. If you are spiritually alive, you are a growing god with a beginning and no end, but the Creators are without beginning or end. If you are spiritually dead, the grace given to you is that you are alive in some fashion at all.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I'd like to add... that if your understanding were the case, then empires would not be subject to great failure and would be the best path to "enlightenment." Instead, the undertow caused by such thinking is plainly decay, and where there is decay, death is soon to come. Conversely, Life is alive and Life is their provision. I am alive, and it is Life who gave Life to me. I have done nothing spiritually to boast of more than any other, unlike the teachings of the religions of mankind which feed the ego while claiming to tame it. Who can tame such a wild thing apart from the Creator? Can you not eat, poop, drink, pee, sleep, etc? Then you are not free to determine your destiny. You are either a slave to light, or a slave to darkness. Freedom, or the inverse, is found truly in the "next" life, but only in small part here.
edit on 7/8/2011 by Dasher because: clarity

top topics

join