It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth assault cops, photojournalist with fireworks .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Youth assault cops, photojournalist with fireworks .

www.king5.com

It's hard to believe, but the pictures tell the story: They show someone shooting fireworks at Dallas police officers and a News 8 photojournalist early Tuesday morning.

"Once I got there, I noticed it was just basically a war zone going on,"

"Those officers that arrived were being shot at by fireworks," said Dallas police spokesman Senior Cpl. Kevin Janse. "In fact, one officer who was actually hit by a bottle rocket in the arm. Once enough officers got there, the crowd dispersed."

Fl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I posted this thread because we often talk about police brutality but people like this are doing nothing but speeding up the process towards a police state, they are perhaps even bigger enemies to us then abusive cops.

I hope these guys get locked up for a very long long time.

There must be something that can be done, because with people like this a more complete police state will be just around the corner.
I was so angry while watching this.

ARGH

www.king5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
S&F. Hopefully, this will make people realize that cops aren't the only 'bad guys'.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is why I believe everyone should know their phones camera to catch stuff like this. The cops film everything, we should also have the same capability. It helps keep everyone honest.

In todays society where a lot of people think it is cool to act the butthole, we should be able to humiliate them and show theirs faces to the world.

Maybe some of them will get fired (like Miss Sprint Cup, but at least she admits to being young and stupid) and open up a job for some one who will actually be productive.
edit on 8-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrFake
S&F. Hopefully, this will make people realize that cops aren't the only 'bad guys'.

I'm sure absolutely everyone who criticizes abusive cops already know that there are bad people too
This is just over the top though

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Anyone else notice more info about good cops than bad ones lately.

Perhaps they aren't all as evil as everyone has been making them out to be.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
good post buddy its nice to see some of the crap police have to deal with when it comes to some mentally challenged citizens.

whos gonna cry civiliian brutality against law enforcement???

nobody because most fools have double standards when it comes to things like this !

Most of the good deeds by police officers are rarely recorded...just the bad ones because it makes for better headlines and easier fear mongering ...

all the police bashers here can kiss some ats ass

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I'm sure absolutely everyone who criticizes abusive cops already know that there are bad people too
This is just over the top though

Right. But it's getting to the point where all cops are being labeled as abusive/aggressive. I volunteer on my town's ambulance service, and I know plenty of cops who would never use brute force unless they really had to. Just because a small percentage are guilty of police brutality, it doesn't mean the other hundreds of thousands of cops are that way too. It's becoming a horrible stereotype, which promotes actions like this.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Right. But it's getting to the point where all cops are being labeled as abusive/aggressive. I volunteer on my town's ambulance service, and I know plenty of cops who would never use brute force unless they really had to. Just because a small percentage are guilty of police brutality, it doesn't mean the other hundreds of thousands of cops are that way too. It's becoming a horrible stereotype, which promotes actions like this.

There's many sides to the coin though

See there are many good cops but then that raises the question
If there's so many good cops how come they aren't doing anything about the bad cops?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don’t know any Police Officer that likes publicity. They all see doing their job as just that, doing their job.

One cop I know tells me a handshake and a word of thanks from a passerby is better than any medal he has received.

The only ones who seek publicity are those who are running for Sheriff or another Public office. Those are the ones to watch.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

My higher brain is in complete agreement with your assesment of the situation and what the result of these kinds of actions will be.

My lower brain says, tee hee.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The same thing happened in Greenville SC, it makes me sick to know that one of my friends had to get shot at by a mob of fireworks wielding idiots and coolant do anything. If it were up to me this sort of stupidity would be met with force or return fire.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I believe it has to do with a 'brothers in arms' concept. You get to know your coworkers, you spend every day with them, sometimes their family. It'd make it very difficult to turn them in once you saw their bad side.
Of course, that brings into question the morals of the good cop (or lack of, for not turning in the bad cop).

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The video says it all!! No fear! No respect for anyone including themselves!

Just hope there weren't any lost fingers in that ma-lay. Then again maybe I do...

Not a care in the world if the cameraman or any other innocent bystanders got hurt. Simple reckless thug mentality. At least the police have several means to defend themselves. Can't say that about the camera guy.

To me this is just another sign of things to come as the summer progresses...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That what happens in the hood every day. lol
Why is it always the poor areas..

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Cops bully and kill the people.
and when they hit back!
the ONLY thing you can see it
Cops are the best. rubbish!
this is happening because of what the cops do.
this is propaganda!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Yeah, because I'm sure that those particular cops did something against those particular people. Right? If not, then that's just stereotypical. Just as bad as racism. "Some cops are bad, so they must all be bad." Is that where you're going with this?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Suddenly I'm not too concerned about losing my 2nd amendment rights.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
That what happens in the hood every day. lol
Why is it always the poor areas..

I couldn't even afford sparklers this year... I bought a belt instead to my pants up.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
1. not the first time this happend

2. omg fireworks...
that would be dangerous

but roman candles...come on...we use them to play and "fight" each other...

edit on 8-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

edit on 8-7-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join