It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I died in a 10.3 EQ today.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Are you sure you weren't dreaming?

Follow the link...no dream. It's all there to view.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think someone pressed the upload button too early.

By the way, do you hear any harps playing where you are at? (Come on, someone had to say it!)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Originally posted by jude11

I think i might be dead though as well,

I dunno, it seems pretty normal to me. Another hot day.

And then there's the conspiracy angle, is someone predicting something and this is their way of telling us?

Thats a really good question. I wouldn't assume so, a quake that big is virtually unheard of i think. I could be wrong, probably am. But of all places for a massive quake, i think canada is the least likely place =P.

To be in Canada is one thing...In my backyard is another! I'm about 20 miles from there.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by quadagent
I think someone pressed the upload button too early.

By the way, do you hear any harps playing where you are at? (Come on, someone had to say it!)

No Haarps...just a lot of chit chat...and wait...There's Hendrix and Joplin! I knew it!

Well folks, if it's true, I don't wanna come back.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Bloody hell, I'm in Ireland but I'd probably be a goner too if that happened

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanoverFat

Yup, a 10.3 would wipe you guys out as well I believe. Tsunami like never before!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Yup, a 10.3 would wipe you guys out as well I believe. Tsunami like never before!

But the quake was on land

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Oh lookie, heres the last few listings on the canadian earthquakes website.

2011/07/07 23:27:54 47.69N 70.07W 11.5 -0.3ML CHARLEVOIX SEISMIC ZONE,QC.
2011/07/07 09:23:25 44.41N 68.71W 5.0* 2.4MN Maine,U.S.
2011/07/07 03:06:24 44.38N 74.88W 18.0* 2.0MN 63 km SE from Morrisburg,ON
2011/07/06 00:33:01 45.86N 75.58W 18.0* 1.2MN 6 km S from Val-des-Bois,QC
2011/07/05 17:37:28 47.42N 70.10W 7.9 2.1MN CHARLEVOIX SEISMIC ZONE,QC.
2011/07/05 16:22:17 44.90N 64.95W 5.0* 2.0MN 9 km S from Kingston,NS

Difference between ML and MN?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I just checked the site again, and they've changed the depth from just a -, to 178 km... does that mean that there really WAS something that happened? Anyone with any new information??

Full-screen
Type: Earthquake
20 hours ago
Magnitude: -0.3
DateTime: Thursday July 7 2011, 23:27:54 UTC
Region: Canada
Depth: 178 km

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weeeden

I just checked the site again, and they've changed the depth from just a -, to 178 km... does that mean that there really WAS something that happened? Anyone with any new information??

Full-screen
Type: Earthquake
20 hours ago
Magnitude: -0.3
DateTime: Thursday July 7 2011, 23:27:54 UTC
Region: Canada
Depth: 178 km

Good question...

I sure didn't feel anything tho.

Had to drive to that area today to check on a few things...all normal as far as I could see. More than usual traffic numbers would be the only difference.

People getting out?

edit on 8-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am curious as to why it has remained on the site as long as it has. With all the adjustments they make, I'd think this correction should be one they would adjust/remove quickly. Every time I look at the map today, and see that large image on the map, I get chills!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I am curious as to why it has remained on the site as long as it has. With all the adjustments they make, I'd think this correction should be one they would adjust/remove quickly. Every time I look at the map today, and see that large image on the map, I get chills!

I have to admit that I am curious as well. Has my tin foil hat ringing!

Driving up there, I started to think that maybe someone knows something and this is their way of a warning without saying something.

But nah...couldn't be...right?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That is absolutely crazy...what is going on...don't they see this obvious error? Or is it an error?

I don't know what to think about this yet...certainly strange...I am left scratching my head and squinting to make sure I read it right the 10th time around.

Let's see how long it stays like this...or when it changes.

On a personal note: This is the first time I have seen a 10+ EQ represented so to see the -.3 is new to me...learning all the time it seems!
edit on 8-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
That is absolutely crazy...what is going on...don't they see this obvious error? Or is it an error?

I don't know what to think about this yet...certainly strange...I am left scratching my head and squinting to make sure I read it right the 10th time around.

On a personal note: This is the first time I have seen a 10+ EQ represented so to see the -.03 is new to me...learning all the time it seems!

That's why I reported as 10.3. Figured the program couldn't handle anything above a 10.0 so it used the negative sign (-) because of a glitch.

But that's just me...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

But the quake was on land

I was just thinking of the possibility that the entire East Coast would just slide into the ocean causing a tsunami like never before.

Lots of high vertical cliffs here.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

On a personal note: This is the first time I have seen a 10+ EQ represented so to see the -.03 is new to me...learning all the time it seems!

That's why I reported as 10.3. Figured the program couldn't handle anything above a 10.0 so it used the negative sign (-) because of a glitch.

But that's just me...

No I think you head the nail on the head for sure...above 10 would probably cause some havoc...

I have to wonder though...and no offense to you at all...but why is this in general chit chat? I think it should be out on the main page...no telling what this means...but obviously it is big news in either regard...I would vote to have it moved where it can get the attention I think it should have!

If nothing else this is an eye opener to the EQ watchers...and certainly some new data to check out!

Just my opinion...but I think it should go on the top shelf!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I saw it this morning also during the time we couldn't post on here. It freaked me the #$%^ out. Where's Puterman when we need him?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No I think you head the nail on the head for sure...above 10 would probably cause some havoc...

I have to wonder though...and no offense to you at all...but why is this in general chit chat? I think it should be out on the main page...no telling what this means...but obviously it is big news in either regard...I would vote to have it moved where it can get the attention I think it should have!

If nothing else this is an eye opener to the EQ watchers...and certainly some new data to check out!

Just my opinion...but I think it should go on the top shelf!

I put it in general chat because I was sure that it would be removed from fragile earth after the report was removed from the EQ site. But since that's not happening, I would like to ask the Mods to move it to Fragile Earth so we can keep an eye on it and have some EQ experts chime in as well.

If it gets enough flags and replies, it'll make it to the front also.

Mods?

edit on 8-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

But that's just me...

Makes sense to me! I sure was thrown by the number vs the size of the circle on the map. Did not compute!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
I saw it this morning also during the time we couldn't post on here. It freaked me the #$%^ out. Where's Puterman when we need him?

I posted it in the quake watch thread this morning, before knowing of this thread. I have yet to see puterman reply to anything in that thread yet today...hopefully soon!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join