It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

throw trash in can get 100$ fine...Say what???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is just getting out of control the reason for the fine, the can is meant for pedestrians, so walking is not considered to be pedestrian???
www.personalliberty.com... from the link

Darbe Pitofsky told CBS New York that at about 6:30 that morning, she was on her way to get a cup of coffee when she threw a brown bag filled with old papers in a city litter basket near her apartment on East 71st Street. Suddenly, a city sanitation worker swooped down on her and demanded her information to write a summons.
ok so she put it in the wrong can... not

“I froze,” Pitofsky told the station’s reporter. “He just frightened the hell out of me, scared me to death. I was terrified.”
i would be too at that age

She told the station the sanitation worker demanded a form of identification and threatened to “put her away” if she didn’t comply. The worker took 25 minutes to write out her ticket; and when she complained that it would cost $100, he threatened to make it $300. Her crime: Street baskets are for pedestrian use.
what part of "she was walking" this public servant did not get??? the ZIG BUSH BOOT is on the move, it's coming for your arse.
edit on 8-7-2011 by bekod because: editting

edit on 8-7-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Wth is this world coming to.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

the end the slow and painful end, what we once knew is no longer, what was once freedom is now conformity, what was once thought to be wrong is now right. Common sense is out the window, self thinking has been replaced by, do as you told.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

she was on her way to get a cup of coffee when she threw a brown bag filled with old papers in a city litter basket near her apartment on East 71st Street.

As it is for pedestrian use, it means the occasional cup or wrapper, NOT a bunch of news papers, NOT to clean out your car, etc., that is what private trash collection is for. She abused the system and got caught. The second report on the trash is short, without information, and leads the reader.

And to further connect the dots, in March 2010 the U.S. Department of Education purchased 27 Remington Model 870 police 12-guage shotguns for its Office of Inspector General, which is the “law enforcement” arm of the Department. Last month, the Department apparently put those guns to use when OIG special agents executed a search warrant at a Stockton, Calif., residence.
What dots? What does this have to do with the article? It is just random filler that has nothing to do with NYC in fact it took place in Cali. and comes to no conclusion as the original paragraph is nullified by the second. It is two random reports having nothing to do with each other with limited information, to make it seem more than it is. It is my opinion that Bob Livingston go back to journalism school, if he even went in the first place.
edit on 8-7-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

if you have read the top of the page it asked the question

How long before every aspect of government has its own police force? Apparently, we are nearly there, as an 83-year-old New York woman found out on June 25.
as to the who there were to who where fined

An isolated incident? Hardly. In December, 80-year-old Delia Gluckin was fined $100 for improper disposal for throwing her newspaper in the trashcan in the Inwood neighborhood, the station reported.
www.personalliberty.com... If you would have added the last line it too explains the dots

It would seem that with local police and sheriffs and the myriad Federal alphabet soup law enforcement agencies, there would be plenty of officers to handle all of the nation’s scofflaws. But apparently not in the United Police States of America.
so yes the article is stating that the USA is a police state now, ZIG BUSH

edit on 9-7-2011 by bekod because: editting

edit on 9-7-2011 by bekod because: editting

top topics

join