It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WARNING from Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Maybe Atlas Shrugged? Seriously though doesn't it seem a little strange that the Inuit people are talking the same scenario that was so widely reported in the MSM just a few months ago? We had several ATS threads running on the magnetic shift that sent the magnetic pole packing towards Russia. One of the runways on the cusp so to speak in Tampa Florida had to be re designated to align properly with the magnetic compass.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

Originally posted by kdog1982

I would add some links,but I'm cruising down the highway at 80 mph on my iPad.

Damn thats a pretty quick I pad... are you standing or sitting?

Standing with one foot on it.

I was waiting for someone to catch that!

Anyways,so here we go again,wondering if the earth is changing it's geographical axis.

I lived in Iowa for some years,and I have family there.
Mostly German descent,so when they designed the road system,everyroad was North,
South,East,West.Precisely.
So,when this subject first came up,I asked my cousins there
"when you are travelling down the road at spring equinox,winter solstice
summer solstice,does the sun still line up with the middle of the road and blind you
like it always did?"
Being farmers,all of them,the answer is unanimous,"Yes!"
That is 20 people to confirm it to me.
And being they are farmers,they rely on the coordinates on the sun.
When you ask them directions,it's not turn left or right,
it,s go south then turn east.
And the Inuit people rely on the same thing.
So it most be a localized thing as some many have mentioned,
the changing of the landscape for whatever reason.
Snow melting,mountains shifting.
How know's but I believe them when they say something has changed.

Why do you think the ancients created all those astronomical indicators
all over the world?
Because they have seen the sky change,and want to keep an eye on it,maybe as a warning
to what is to come.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gremlin2011
with all due respect to the inuit people but if ware the sun sets is different then surly ware it rises shud be also different yeh??

No. But for this to happen, it would have to be more than just a change in the axial tilt of a "billiard ball" Earth which continued rotating on the same axis. It would have to have shifted to rotate on a slightly different axis. This is very possible if the crust has slid a little bit from where it was.

However, I have a hard time believing the OP just because of the magnitude of what they're talking about. In order to believe this, you'd have to believe that all GPS stations are covering this up, that no commercial or private astronomers have noticed and that the ones that noticed are covering it up... seriously? We're talking about the Earth's axis shifting. There should be a massive mound of corroborating evidence, not just a couple Eskimos.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Science is not always able to give us the answers we are looking for, or as quickly as we may need it to make crucial decisions. Also, it is always a work in progress and subject to change as more data becomes available no matter how established a "fact" is. Scientists can even be their own worst enemy and slow down progress if they refuse to look at new information objectively.

We will need more than just Science to rely on as we try to find our way through this unknown territory, and perhaps taking into consideration what the people themselves are observing in the *now* is one such avenue. There doesn't need to be an all right or all wrong scenario. Some flexibility and allowance both in our thinking and interaction with each other (both personally and globally) will be beneficial for all involved.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I suggest that everyone should look for a scientific explanation before believing that some World-changing event is on the horizon, as that is not only the more rational approach, but probably the more accurate as well.

There are a host of circumstances that can affect the Earth's axis and wobble, some of which one would never guess, such as weather and atmospheric pressure. Weather systems can even change the position of the poles. This is science fact, not science fiction.

This variation can have an effect on the procession of the equinoxes, resulting in changing sunlight patterns. I highly suggest that some of you should do your own research, and trust science and its ability to answer difficult questions over any explanation offered by the Inuits, who are simply relaying their experiences and have no practical explanation to offer.

Here is a source to get you started, an online science publication:

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Were here to deny ignorance, not post it. What in the hell does education have to do with navigation? And with all of your obvious education, im willing to bet you couldnt survive a day out there. Do you feel better, now someone has paid you some attention? If they say the sun is off, who are you to say its not,,,prove them wrong. You cant, because its there opinion.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by jimmyx

Well....I would explain it in more detail but I simply will not because of the way you presented the question.

Research my friend of ALL the Earth Changes and come back when your head is clear. Mean remarks/questions are not tolerated by me and I like to be respected.

Perfect example of TROLL. Meaningless critique/input followed by inflammatory remark such as "I like to be respected."

Has nothing to do with thread, everything with derailing.

Who would be better arbiters of the earth's relation to the sun than the Inuit?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'll tell ya what, I remember a thread someone started about the sun being hotter and the sky whiter (and I called BS), and even though it isn't so much that way here in New Mexico, lately the sun has been unbelievably brutal. I can't even go out in it for very long during the day. It's been close to 100 here for a while, but that is different. The radiation from the sun is overwhelming this summer. It's almost like I am on the equator at high noon. Brutal. I am going to start looking at shadows now to see how high the sun gets. Even in summer it's never directly overhead here. Not supposed to be, anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

How about the guys who built the Kokino observatory more than 3,800 years ago? The Sun still rises at pretty much the same place on the solstice as it did when the observatory was built.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 7/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zarp3333

How about the guys who built the Kokino observatory more than 3,800 years ago? The Sun still rises at the same place on the solstice as it did when the observatory was built.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Yep,they did and it still does.
And so have many other ancient cultures.
And I bet that those astronomers with their very precise,high tech mega telescopes
would say something if their coordinates were of by .0000001 degree.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage, voice of reason.

Many people have visited Stonehenge, and know that it has it's share of astronomical alignments as well. Perhaps they read the paper each year, and hear about various groups, wicca, Druid, etc., who occasionally come "back" to this famous place.

I think if something was "off", we might hear about it from some of these folks, dontcha think?

JR

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I have read from texts written back in 1987 that the Pleiadian fleet has actually been holding the planet in its current position and stopping it from pole shifting, because the devastation would be extinction.

Originally they were placed above and below the North and South Poles respectively and along the equatorial line, outside of our planet.

A Galactic council deemed this as too much intervention and they had to remove the ships from the equator, and we are getting very close to the evacuation, supposedly.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage, voice of reason.

Many people have visited Stonehenge, and know that it has it's share of astronomical alignments as well. Perhaps they read the paper each year, and hear about various groups, wicca, Druid, etc., who occasionally come "back" to this famous place.

I think if something was "off", we might hear about it from some of these folks, dontcha think?

JR

Stonehenge was cloudy at sunrise this year. They didnt see the sun until 3 hours after.

Phage, That photo could have been taken from any angle to imply the alignment was correct.
edit on 8-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am not an astronomer, or a scientist, for that matter; I know nothing about earth axis or magnetic axis and if those shifts are possible or just fantasies.
But I'll bet on Inuit people' observations against those of scientists' any time.
Any time.
If they say that something changed, then something changed.
The scientists are smart people, no doubt about that, but if you take one of them and leave him alone in the dark, outside, he will run in circles like a blind bat.
For Inuit people the accuracy of their observations of the sky is the difference between life and death. Drunk, uneducated, blind? Common, people, is there some limit to our ignorance and arrogance? They survived for so long in the most hostile environment known to men without our precious science, and I can bet they'll survive US, the "smart" ones, just the same.
Beside that, I'm kind of sick of people telling us that what we see is not what we see...you know, we're just stupid. Uneducated.
Telling us that birds died from fireworks, and Nibiru is right behind the sun.

When it comes to weather and nature I trust the people living in the nature, not the ones behind bright screens.

Still, there are two things I would need to clarify before trusting this video 100%:
- is the opinion of the people in this video confirmed by most of Inuit people observations, or are they just some isolated observers (smart a$$es)?
-why they talk about earth shift or tilt? I would expect from them to think something is wrong with the sun, not with the earth. It the concept of "earth shift" their idea, or it was discreetly suggested by the interviewer? ( we all know manipulative those innocent questions can be...)

S&F anyway, and thanks for posting this.
edit on 8-7-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I remember the sun used to set west, maybe slightly northwest. Now the sun clearly sets north, northwest. I remember this happening even as far back as late 90's. I remember seeing sun beams coming through windows in the house that never use to come through at that angle. I remember I had to change the couch and chairs around so the sun wouldn't blast ya right in the eyeball.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

I've noticed here in Adelaide the sun rises more North than it used to. Particularly noticed it because I used to spend every morning in this coldstore and I could walk out and turn slightly and have the sun warm my face. This year, the sun shines directly into the Cold store...and everyone in the cold store agrees and are quite perplexed by it when I point it out.

This is very real, many people are covering it up to hide the bigger picture, many are just trying to ensure people dont freak out, for their own sake.
edit on 8-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Warning us with what? Oh wait... earth tilting on Axis.

Thanks for the heads up inuit people, guess we will have to find somewhere to run and hide?

Or are we going to move into an age where we start stealing tv's because it's the end of the world... eventually?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Learn something about Kokino.
Then tell me that the people gathered there are part of a conspiracy to hide the changing axis.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
I find this video pretty hard to stomach.

As mentioned you would think that astronomers would pick up on a shift in the axis of the earth.

Beyond a tiny shift in the Earth's axis due to the Fukushima earthquake, there have been no reports of axial shifts

Just to be sure that all the worlds astronomers were not part of some big conspiracy. I double checked the positions of some key stars against a program to track their positions.

Sorry, stars are where they should be. Epic fail on the Inuit's part there.

This doesn't mean that the Earth isn't changing.

Maybe AGW has caused a melt that has influenced the peak that they are gauging the change in the suns path, making the sun to appear to be setting in a different position.

Remembering that the sun near the poles sets at a pretty steep angle. A mere 10mtr reduction in a peak may make the sun appear to set several degrees away from where it would have set 20 years ago.

edit on 8/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

Youre making far to much sense to be taken seriously by the conspiracy community.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join