It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WARNING from Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for that! Solar System! I will edit my post to reflect the correct terminology!

As for the energy required to move this lump of rock we call Earth; are you saying it does not exist?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Not being funny but where did this mini documentary come from? Do we know for sure that the subtitles fit what they are actually saying? Does anybody here speak Inuit ?

Edit to add here is the original in HD seems legit starts about 42 mins www.isuma.tv...
edit on 8-7-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Almost 20 years ago I lived in the South San Francisco Bay Area. After moving to a new apartment I was shocked to see the sun setting in the NORTH. The entire four years I lived in that apartment, the sun did not set in the west, it set in the north. I would have been willing to swear on a stack of bibles...

For some reason the orientation of that apartment really screwed up my perception...it was fine everywhere else...but in that one place the compass was really screwed up (my INTERNAL compass, I should say). Look, people are human...humans are fallible...and it's how we perceive things. It's odd that there is a group of people who are saying this, instead of just one fallible, compass-challenged person, but this is what they seem to perceive, for whatever reason.

(On the other hand, the skeptic in me wonders if the subtitles are really an exact translation of what the Inuit are saying in the film...anybody speak Inuit and could corroborate??)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for that! Solar System! I will edit my post to reflect the correct terminology!

As for the energy required to move this lump of rock we call Earth; are you saying it does not exist?

I'm saying you don't have an intuitive grasp of the scale of what you're talking about.

It's sort of like the poster upthread worrying about nukes changing the axial tilt 20 degrees or whatnot.

Worst of all, it's not really a "lump of rock". It's mushy to liquid once you get about 20km down. Makes it tough to sort of toss around without people noticing they're all dead. Oh, and the stars really haven't moved, either - see also "ephemeris" from upthread.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jansy
(On the other hand, the skeptic in me wonders if the subtitles are really an exact translation of what the Inuit are saying in the film...anybody speak Inuit and could corroborate??)

Did you notice a lot of "one hour off" in the video? Maybe it's DST confusing them.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Jansy

Did you notice a lot of "one hour off" in the video? Maybe it's DST confusing them.

Here is the original its legit starts at 42 mins www.isuma.tv...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Not only do I know what an ephemeris is, I also know that not only me but every human being that has ever lived, has scant understanding of the workings of the cosmos.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I believe something has/is changing in the world. So S+F for this thread!

One thing I wanted to add-silly as it is-is that this reminds me of the Australia thread and the Dead Celebrities being alive again thread. What I mean is, some people seem to be able to see changes and others don't. It seems odd to me. Maybe there is something else going on with this-Dimension shifts. I dunno, silly like I said but, just another suggestion.

I think the land mass moving post earlier in this thread made a lot of sense as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Awesome, awesome post, Arken.

I don't have much else to say other than that I am always eager for Native American wisdom (and atmospheric observations).

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Love how you guys seem to know it all. So no one from CalTec, Stanford, MIT, Duke has picked up on what ATS and a random Eskimo have, amazing...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You would consider this guy credible... there isnt even a totem pole in the background.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Meekbot2000

Would you call a black man by the 'n' word ? Then you should refer to Inuit as Inuit and not Eskimo. Inuit is the proper term to use.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
and who says that all these upcoming changes are bad for us? why so much panic about natural happenings?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hiya, finaly joined after lurking for years.

Would you all accept that the Inuit have noticed a change because of their innate sence of direction? i guess navigating by the stars is not always an option available to them [if you discount the GPS on their Skidoo's] so perhaps their inbuilt natural "compass" may be adrift.

On a side note has there been an increase in lost Racing Pigeons lately? that would sure show some flux in the earths polarity as they have been scientificaly proven to use the field to navigate.

kZ

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Oops, replied to wrong person.

Reply to Stripped Bandit:

These changes are observable throughout our solar system, and like the Inuit I do not fear what is only a natural cycle. What ever will be, will be. What bothers me is that if we know about these changes why are they being hidden/covered up?

These are exactly my thoughts. These people live with the Earth in a way many of us don't. In fact, I garden, and know my yard precisely, all it's little micro-climates, and where each plant would thrive better, depends on where the sun is, when, and for how long. I've noticed some things too. The sun is setting a little more to the North than it used to. It freaks me out to even say it. I've noticed it for about a month now.

But like you, I'm confused about why the secrecy? Of course the physicists know.
Why they won't come clean?..........it can't be good.
edit on 7/8/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

I've been saying it myself. I've lived in my city on the same hill for the past 3 years in a neighborhood I grew up in. I can see the change in the sun clearly. It used to set like clock work over this ski hill in the west, but now it sets right over my alley. It's a ways off from where it used to set, so how can people say that there is no change when it is clearly evident, just look up.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Beyond the shift of the rotational axis of the earth associated with the earthquake in Japan, could the observations made by the Inuit be associated with a change in the shape of the earth?

That might account for the change in only the sunset position of the sun spoken about by one man.

Another thing to keep in mind is that although "we" down here in hi-tech heaven might make way better observations than the Inuit and know way, way, way more than they do about astronomy and earth changes, some of "us" might not be allowed to tell the rest of "us" what is going on. If ya catch my "tongue drift".

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That we are now traversing in a new sky has already been mentioned by our cosmic brothers (through channeling) even before it is being mentioned by the Inuits and before being observed by our scientists.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Thinking along the same lines;
Planet expansion starting at the poles.
which causes large earthquakes in-between

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Of course there are changes....change is inevitable. Humans age and get wrinkles....Trees get taller and thicker....Weather patterns change year to year as they have for centuries....and eventually everything dies including human, trees and eventually the earth.

Are the poles changing...YES they have always changed. The Pole was discovered the first time by James Ross in 1831...it had moved in 1904 when Ronald Amundsen again discovered it by about 50km. It continues to move at a rate of around 10km per year more recently acelerating to 40km.

There are scientist that are paid to measure the poles each year and by studying the Pole they have learned that yes the Pole does actually shift ! And the Pole does move and it is normal at least from what we know of earths history....because change is normal.

There were stories earlier this year how the compass readings were changing the runway aliognments at some of the major airports in the US...apperantly this was a normal thing as the FAA was use to having to measure and change the headings to reflect the new headings...it was stated that the recent changes have become accelerated but that from history we know that this is not abnormal but just a part of normal changes to the earths shifting cycles.

science.nasa.gov...

Does this mean an end to life as we know it / Doubtful if we believe history...these changes and patterns have occured before and it did not mean an end to life on earth just change which is normal. Did perhaps some of the extinction level events in our past history result from a shifting of the poles...maybe,but life changed with it and thrived perhaps more than ever

Change is a good thing as it usually results in bigger and better things for the future...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join