It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WARNING from Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
what the video said makes a lot of sense because here in kansas weve had hotter summers and colder winters. and ive always thought that it could be explained by the earths axis tilting at an increasingly severe angle. this only confirms what i previously thought

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Every day, the sun shines right through the peephole of my front door.
It's a different time each day, due to Earth's normal revolutions combined with our axis tilt.
It creates a beautiful rainbow effect on the opposite wall. Seems to be progressing at the normal rate.
I haven't exactly measured it, other than the first day of each season. So far so good.

In addition. I sit on my back porch at night a few days a week. With a nice set of binoculars.
I always start at the north star, and work my way radially outward. things looks normal.

That's my contribution to this theory.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah Geomagnetic Reversal is overdue, its been 780,000 years.

Due to lines of magnetic force in volcanic rock on the sea floor
they know this flip has occurred many times before.

Geomagnetic Reversal

They did a film several years ago about the magnetic field flip but its older
science and some new science has come out that explains it more accurately.

Magnetic Storm:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by timmhaines

Yes! We built an outdoor shower on the sunny side of the house. Which isn't sunny anymore. I thought I was imagining it, but apparently not.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
IMHO climate chaos is occuring with greater frequency and intensity than ever before. But, coming from a Biblical perspective it is my view that the climate of the antediluvian era was far superior than the extreme seasonal changes from summer to winter that exist now with its marked variations in daily high and low temperatures. I think that what contributed to making the weather and climate of that period being described by no less than God himself as "very good" (Gen. 1:31) was that there was little or no seasonal temperature change and the arctic and tropical zones were comparitively small, hence the mild weather of our springs and autumns lasted all year long. Basically I'm inclined to agree with NASA administrator Michael Griffin who made a controversial remark several years ago in response to questioning over the legitimacy of funds towards space projects rather than concentrating efforts to combatting global warming: “I have no doubt that . . . a trend of global warming exists. I am not sure that it is fair to say that it is a problem we must wrestle with. To assume that it is a problem is to assume that the state of Earth’s climate today is the optimal climate, the best climate that we could have or ever have had and that we need to take steps to make sure that it doesn’t change. First of all, I don’t think it’s within the power of human beings to assure that the climate does not change, as millions of years of history have shown, and second of all, I guess I would ask which human beings—where and when—are to be accorded the privilege of deciding that this particular climate that we have right here today, right now is the best climate for all other human beings. I think that’s a rather arrogant position for people to take."

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
While the sun moves a lot, it's nothing new over the course of a year, or even years.

Here, go ahead. It's a photo of the construction of the MoMA in New York. Anyone one to find a picture from this angle and location and compare?

Look how much the sun moved in that one.

d30opm7hsgivgh.cloudfront.net...
edit on 28-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Maybe there is a large body or something travelling through space near us that is causing all of this. Like the gravity of this body is making other planets , us and the sun all momentarily out of wack.

I have seen stories about planets and comets and asteroids. Maybe there is a conspiracy by the governments that their is some planets or the like out there. They are hiding these things from us becasue they do not want us to get worried or anything. Thats just a theory though

Is it possible?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just a simple question for all the skeptics
HYPOTHETICAL
You have lived in the same house for twenty years.
Every evening for twenty years you sat on the porch swing and watched the sun set behind the apple tree.
Suddenly the sun is setting at the other end of the yard
You mention this to people
They ask if this was happening why aren't the astronomers mentioning this? They would know.
The truth is you do not know why the astronomers aren't saying anything,
You do know, though, that after twenty years of observations the sun is setting in a different place.
So when you try to tell people and they bring up the astronomer question, what would/should be the proper response?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

It depends on whether you are the type of person who would be able to accept that millions of professional and amateur star gazers have been offsetting their telescope positions and are all part of a big conspiracy, or if you are the type of person who, even if questioning of authority, still has some thread of rationality left.

If you are the former, you will assert that you know th Sun has moved and the astronomers are all wrong. You would deny any evidence that shows otherwise, say things like "Something just feels off", and mention earthquakes and other natural disasters as proof.

If you are the latter, you would print to buy a star map for yourself, and very simply see that everything is where it is supposed to be, before realizing how crazy you sounded thinking this in the first place.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

You have lived in the same house for twenty years.
Every evening for twenty years you sat on the porch swing and watched the sun set behind the apple tree.

one minor problem - that has never happened

please use this calculator

from the menus

select location

select see sunrise / sunset

select ` collums ` - view all

show full month

repeat last step for every month of the year

the amimuth of the sunirse and set varies widley throughout the year

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

Here's another hypothetical...

A 4000+ year old civilization builds a giant stone structure, one of it's purposes was to align with the setting sun of the summer solstice each year.

And over those 4000+ years, the sun has done exactly what it did the previous year.

Oh wait, that's not a hypothetical...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

So I've just received three different replies, or at least what were suppose to be replies to my hypothetical situation and in all three cases the writer used the opportunity to once more repeat why they think nothing is happening now which is very nice except I did not ask anyone to explain what is happening now.
I asked about a hypothetical situation. None of them dealt with it.
Three posts, three mini-lectures about something I did not ask, and not one answer to the question
Gosh! Golly! Gee! Thanks guys

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

you posed a " hypothetical " senario that CANNOT occur in nature - so dont be suprised that no one took it seriously

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The governments will never warn us because we would quit our jobs, pack up and move to the hills and that would destroy Wall Street. They want a decrease in population.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
i was waiting to head to my hometown southeast of istanbul to provide an accurate answer for this claim.

i've arrived on friday evening and watched the sun going down over the sea since unlike being blocked by the high towers and buildings in the city, the sea is the most healthy way to watch the sun's position.

folks, the sun is there where it was for over many years, there's nothing to worry about. i'll try and make a picture of the sunset and also find the pictures i had made during august a couple of years ago to compare them here later on.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It amazes me that people are questioning these elders perceptions. And disgusts me too.

The Inuit are NOT offering any 'scientific' explanations - just their observations. Ignore them at your own peril.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

the only evidence we have so far - for this " inuit claim " is a set of subitiles on a vid clip - do you understand the dialect spoken ???????

you call them inuit elders - how do you know they are not the inuit senile idiots ????

lastly - if they navigate by the sun - and the sun gives an incorect bearing - how did they get home ????

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I've seen numerous interviews with English speakers from the North talking about similar observations, news reports about shorter / longer Arctic days out of whack, and 15-odd years ago read the promo inviting people to homestead in the Yukon. ...all this and more lead me to believe big change is in the wind.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Most of the science articles I read deal with new mysteries being discovered rather than mysteries being solved. To pretend that we have the cosmos figured out is just too arrogant a claim I think, for anyone to take seriously.
I understand that there are many reasons people refuse to consider that the Earth's axis might have shifted but to claim my hypothetical is impossible is to claim that you are aware of and understand all the possible forces that might cause such an event to occur.
That you or anyone else on this forum would claim to possess such a thorough understanding of all astronomical forces in existence is pure hyperbole. I may be wrong but I believe they have yet to describe an accurate model for the gravitational interaction of three bodies in space and the dispute between the standard cosmological picture of our universe is being challenged by the electrical model.
But YOU know that there are no known, or, as yet, unknown forces in existence that might cause the Earth's axis to shift?
Why then do we waste money with observatories when it would be so much easier for you to provide the answers to all the questions our astronomers and astrophysicist are presently seeking answers to?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It's not a matter of questioning perspectives. It's a matter of questioning the conclusion that their observations have anything to do with the Earth's axis. And they don't. The Inuit elders may have noticed a change in the apparent location of the sunset but the Earth's rotational axis hasn't shifted. I have a very nice view of Polaris and according to nautical charts and my view of it over the past fifteen years it's right where it should be. Here's what the movie maker says about it.

Not only have we solved the mystery of why Inuit believe the earth appears to have tilted, but in doing so, we have also discovered that Inuit have techniques for adapting to a changing visual world. When things appear strange, a new technique is required. Fortunately, Inuit are telling us that they have the skills and knowledge to adapt to climate change, and despite the challenges it presents, like any good hunter, they will be prepared.

www.isuma.tv...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join