It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A WARNING from Inuit People: Sun Wrong, Stars Wrong, Earth Tilting On Axis!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Exactly. You'd think scientists and amateur astronomers around the world would be in an absolutely irrepressible panic about something like this happening. It'd be trending all over twitter. Something like this would be entirely impossible to cover up for any length of time. Unless of course it's just part of the natural, slight, deviation of Earth's axial tilt that's already well known.

Milankovitch Cycles

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My friend who lives in North Pole Alaska has told me the same thing. She has lived there for 10 years and the change is noticeable.

Also, we have to take into account that the earths axis was tilted 10 inches by the Japanese Earthquake, and tilted prior to that by Chili and Sumatra quakes.......

I too have noticed a change in my backyard. At high zenith on the Solstice, there was a shadow on my north fence where there had NEVER been one before at that exact time and date years prior!!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by jimmyx

Climate change perhaps? Polar shift even? Jesus mate, the OP is written in plain English - everyone else can understand it except you.

If this is true it just goes to prove that while climate change is happening, we are not the cause of it (although I do believe we may have given it a small nudge).

"Their ancient knowledge and experience in that chill lands confirm a terrible change in action."

the above quote is from the original post, what is your "interpretation" of this sentence?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Maybe AGW has caused a melt that has influenced the peak that they are gauging there change in the suns path. Making the sun to appear to be setting in a different position.

Close.

It's actually the rapidly warming Arctic air that has created a noticeable change in the atmospheric refraction. It's causing sunlight to bend further over the horizon. You can read more about it here:

Light Shines in High Arctic Darkness

People in the High Arctic say their 24-hour darkness isn't as dark as it used to be, and a weather researcher says it's because of the warming climate.

Wayne Davidson, a weather researcher in Resolute Bay, said warmer thermal layers over cold dense polar air cause light to bend and travel farther.

"If there's a huge contrast between colder and warmer air, there's longer travel of light from any locations," he said.

Inuit have been noticing changes during the dark season for years but the changes are becoming more visible as the climate warms, Davidson said.

edit on 8-7-2011 by mc_squared because: added some soundbites

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You've posted some interesting info this morning, MamaJ. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I've noticed some things too. The sun is setting a little more to the North than it used to. It freaks me out to even say it. I've noticed it for about a month now.

You DO know that the sun will set farther and farther to the North, as you come up on June 21, right? Then it begins setting farther to the south until September 23, when it will set dead west.

Equinoxes, solstices.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Definitly something TRUE about this!!

Just a week or two ago, I spoke with my father who have noticed that the car, (which we park on the same spot infront of the house for years) in this summer the sun shines on it whole day. The house is pretty high and other years (in summer) car would be in the shadow of the house for most of the day, but now the sun is so "high", that half of the car is constantly under the sun.
We were having a discusion if it shoud be put into garage everytime or not - so it wouldn't be hot, if we would need it, and father mentioned that.

I was surprised to find that true, and I was also surprised that I didn't noticed it before! (just as a guy on the video doesn't know when that happened) I guess it happened somehow quickly, or what?

edit on 8-7-2011 by Muha137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
My friend who lives in North Pole Alaska has told me the same thing. She has lived there for 10 years and the change is noticeable.

Also, we have to take into account that the earths axis was tilted 10 inches by the Japanese Earthquake, and tilted prior to that by Chili and Sumatra quakes.......

I too have noticed a change in my backyard. At high zenith on the Solstice, there was a shadow on my north fence where there had NEVER been one before at that exact time and date years prior!!

This is easy enough to check.

How far in degrees are you from the equator?

Is the fence you are gauging your hypothesis perfectly vertical?

Simple maths will show if the Earth's Axis has changed.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just in case no one read the article from the Rolling Stones.... this was written in 04!!!! Please read this 4 page article.

Peter Schwartz is a compact man with lively eyes and an air of importance. A rocket scientist by training, he also researched climate change at Stanford Research Institute. Drawing on knowledge of past climate shifts, Schwartz spun out the most dire scenario he could defend scientifically. Starting tomorrow, he assumed, the world warms faster than even the most alarming predictions — by as much as half a degree a year. The heat sets off a chain reaction. Droughts spark catastrophic fires, which release still more heat-trapping CO2 into the air. Increased water vapor in the atmosphere traps still more heat. Super-storms break dikes in Europe, and coastal cities such as the Hague in the Netherlands become uninhabitable. Levees break in California, creating an inland sea and disrupting the water supply in Los Angeles. Then Schwartz drew upon one of the least intuitive impacts of global warming: the idea that turning up the world's thermostat could lead, perversely, to a cooling crash. As high temperatures melt ice at the North Pole, the runoff of cold water could disrupt the Gulf Stream. This conveyor of warm water is what gives Europe its temperate climate; flip off the Gulf Stream, say climate scientists, and the continent hits a deep freeze. Mainstream projections say this shouldn't happen before 2100; Schwartz envisioned it happening in 2010. As Europe plunges into a Siberian chill, the rest of the globe continues to sizzle. Sea levels rise. Megadroughts strike worldwide, spawning dust bowls and destroying crops. The world suffers from "catastrophic shortages of water and energy supplies." Earth's "carrying capacity" — militaryspeak for the number of people it can feed — drops radically. Given the deadly shortages of food, civilization erodes as "constant battles for diminishing resources" become the norm. "Every time there is a choice between starving and raiding," Schwartz writes, "humans raid." America turns inward, attempting to shield itself from the flood of refugees from the drought-stricken Caribbean. Hostilities arise between the U.S. and Mexico as both countries jockey for water from the Colorado River. Europe considers invading Russia for its food, and Japan eyes Russia's oil. Africa starves. Bangladesh is unlivable. Famine drives chaos in Asia. "Envision Pakistan, India and China — all armed with nuclear weapons — skirmishing at their borders over refugees, access to shared rivers and arable land," the scenario suggests. "In this world of warring states, nuclear-arms proliferation is inevitable." "Once again," the report concludes starkly, "warfare would define human life."

Read the article here....

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Just in case no one read the article from the Rolling Stones.... this was written in 04!!!! Please read this 4 page article.

None of which has diddly to do with changing the tilt of the planet. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Obviously it does.....

Why would it NOT? With more Mega Quakes what do you think might happen to the tilt.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A warning from the people of Evesham: Sun right, stars right, Earth not tilting on axis!!!!!!!

We can't both be right. But I know 100% that I am not wrong. Though I admit, I don't have a youtube video

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Also, we have to take into account that the earths axis was tilted 10 inches by the Japanese Earthquake...

More like six inches - 16cm is the generally accepted figure.

What does that mean?

The line of tilt moved a bit less than six inches to one side, at the point that it emerges from the sea level reference. It would take about 4 million inches of axial deviation to produce 1 degree of change in the axial tilt. You're talking about a millionth of a degree of change in the tilt angle, roughly.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thank you so much for your kind sentiment. I research more than I do anything else. This planet is our home and I think we should all do our due diligence to see to it we at least know what is going on globally.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Bedlam

Obviously it does.....

Why would it NOT? With more Mega Quakes what do you think might happen to the tilt.

The Rolling Stones article has diddly beans to do with earthquakes. It's a generic hand-wringer about AGW.

All the 'mega quakes' in the world won't move that axis more than a few parts per million. You actually have to read some of this stuff with understanding instead of looking for panic keywords.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

I've noticed some things too. The sun is setting a little more to the North than it used to. It freaks me out to even say it. I've noticed it for about a month now.

You DO know that the sun will set farther and farther to the North, as you come up on June 21, right? Then it begins setting farther to the south until September 23, when it will set dead west.

Equinoxes, solstices.

Let's hope that's all it is.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
reply to post by jimmyx

I find it hard to believe a literate individual cannot grasp the Opening Post.
Do you really not understand, or are you just trolling/being grammar police?

On topic: These changes are observable throughout our solar system, and like the Inuit I do not fear what is only a natural cycle. What ever will be, will be. What bothers me is that if we know about these changes why are they being hidden/covered up?

i am not trolling...there is ample proof that the magnetic pole has shifted throughout history. with that said, is the OP trying to say that the shift is going to be 180 degrees? or 30 degrees? is this shift going to end human life? or is it going to be a small enough shift, that adaptation will suffice?
making fear-inducing statements based on native lore and story-telling, does not help in understanding the percieved ramifications of the event.
edit on 8-7-2011 by jimmyx because: context

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Let's hope that's all it is.

Go get an astronomical ephemeris, figure out how to use it, and you'll see that it is.

It's been going on that way pretty much forever, on the human time scale.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i am not trolling...there is ample proof that the magnetic pole has shifted throughout history. with that said, is the OP trying to say that the shift is going to be 180 degrees? or 30 degrees? is this shift going to end human life? or is it going to be a small enough shift, that adaptation will suffice?

You should note that the magnetic pole and the pole of rotation (the axis) are not the same.

The magnetic pole moves about all the time, and sometimes swaps polarity. Life's still here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join