It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Plants Garden in Her Front Yard and Faces 93 Days in Jail for It.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Another one. Seeing a lot of things like this lately. Whatever happened to common sense...and freedom. Seems it will go the way of the wind that blows our contradictory flag.

It has been happening more and more...the loss of our individuality. We must think alike, we must be alike...or else. I believe that if one has land, then aside from obscenity we should be able to do what we wish with that land as long as others are physically not being harmed.

Instead we should be praising this woman for taking it upon herself to lift part of the burden of growing food for our society. If I didn't live with four others in a small two bedroom, I would love to grow a garden myself, but after reading this that seems like a risky concept...front yard or no. For those who believe in the almighty and condone these actions, you know where you will end up. For those who do not, it seems we are creating that end game right here at home.

I believe that the excessive laws and regulations of this society are forced upon us out of necessity in part due to overpopulation. Much of the bickering would cease if we could give each other some space. However to correct this issue without mass genocide we must take it upon ourselves before our lawgivers are forced to. It's not just the awareness of propagation, but the conscious effort to retard it.

I think that is as far as I can go without starting an off topic argument on the semantics of law, religion, choice, ect.

Please give this woman your support in whatever form you are able or willing.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Urbanization is not civilization. As human beings we must get back to our natural agricultural roots. I believe that what we are looking at here is that the authorities are trying to impose a defacto concentration camp style regime on the urban populace. We see this all over the world where the human population has exploded into slum after slum after slum district where in people are living all on top of one another with absolutely no where to grow their own food ... and are thus slaves to the federal and state trans national corporate [monsanto] controlled agro industrial complex. We are being raised as humanoid cattle in their intensive urbanization experiment. To my way of thinking every town is literally a concentration camp situation. Lets break out folks. Growing our own produce is a human right. My own view is that the capitalist bosses are actually raising us as a meat delicacy to satisfy their cannibalism and vampire lusting.

도시화 문명하지 않습니다. 인간으로서 우리는 자연 농업의 뿌리로 돌아가야합니다. 나는 우리가 여기에서 찾고있는 것은 당국이 도시 서민의 수용소 스타일 정권을 부과하려는 것을 믿습니다. 우리는 모든 인간의 인구가 사람들에게 자신의 음식을 성장하지 전혀 어디로 서로의 위에 모든 살아있는 슬럼 지구 후 슬럼 슬럼 이후에 폭발이 세계 각국을 볼 ... 때문에 연방 정부와 주정부 횡단 국내 기업 [몬산토] 제어 농업 산업 단지 노예입니다. 우리는 그들의 집중적인 도시화의 실험에서 인간형 가축으로 사육되고 있습니다. 생각 내 방식에 대한 모든 마을은 말 그대로 수용소 상황이다. 가족을 탈출하자. 우리의 농산물을 재배하는 것은 인간의 권리입니다. 나의 자신의 전망은 자본주의 보스 실제로 그들의 피에 대한 사람 고기를 먹는 풍습과 뱀파이어의 정욕을 만족하는 육류 음식으로 우리를 양육하는 것입니다.

都市化は文明ではありません。人間として、私たちは、自然農業のルーツに戻って取得する必要があります。私 はここで我々が​​見ていると、当局は、都市住民の強制収容所のスタイルの体制を課すことをしようとしてい ると考えています。我々はすべての人間の人口は人々にお互いが全くない自分の食べ物を成長させる場所との上 にすべての生きているスラム街の後にスラムの後にスラム街に爆発的に世界中にこれを参照してください...した がって、連邦および州のトランスナショナルコーポレート[モンサント]制御の農産工業団地へのスレーブです。� ��々は、彼らの集中的な都市化の実験ではヒューマノイドの牛として提起されています。思考の私の方法にすべ� ��の町には文字通り強制収容所の状況です。人々を抜け出すことができます。私たち自身の農産物を栽培する人� ��の権利です。私自身のビューには、資本主義ボスが実際に血のために彼らの共食いと吸血鬼欲望を満たすため� ��肉の珍味として私たちを引き上げているということです。

城市化是不是文明。作为人类,我们必须回到我们的自然的农业根基。我相信,我们在这里寻找的是,当局正试图 强加的城市民众的一个集中营的风格制度。我们看到所有在爆炸后贫民窟贫民窟后,在人是活的另一个绝对没有自 己种植粮食的贫民窟区人口的世界... ...因此,联邦和各州跨国家企业[孟山都控制农产品加工业的复杂的奴隶。我们正在提出人形牛在其密集的城市化� �验。我的思维方式,每个镇是名副其实的集中营的情况。让我们打破了乡亲。发展我们自己的生产是一项人权。� �自己的观点是,资本主义的老板实际上是提高我们作为一个肉的美味的血液,以满足他们的自相残杀和吸血鬼欲� �。

Урбанизация не цивилизации. Как человеческие существа, мы должны вернуться к нашим природным сельскохозяйственным корни. Я считаю, что то, что мы смотрим на здесь является то, что власти пытаются навязать стиль концлагеря режима на городских населения. Мы видим это во всем мире, где человеческая популяция взорвалась в трущобах после трущоб после трущоб, где в районе люди живут все друг на друга без каких-либо куда расти свои собственные продукты питания ... и, таким образом рабами федеральных и государственных транс-национальных корпоративных [Monsanto] контролируемой агропромышленного комплекса. Мы возникает и в гуманоида крупного рогатого скота в их интенсивного эксперимент урбанизации. На мой образ мышления каждого города в буквальном смысле ситуация концлагерь. Позволяет выйти люди. Рост нашего собственного производства является правом человека. Мое личное мнение таково, что капиталистическая боссов на самом деле повышение нас как мясные деликатесы, чтобы удовлетворить их каннибализм и вампира жажду крови.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

In MI and/or TN certainly have some ridiculous laws and rules.....they should be able to grow what they want to ..on their own land. From the photo the gardens look well cared for...and to me there is nothing unattractive about them. In her city... why don't the law enforcement agencies go after the real criminals ...instead of harassing a woman with a garden.
edit on 8-7-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
YEAAAA I have front and back yard vegetable gardens!!!! My next door neighbor has a front yard herb garden. We are the only ones on our street w/ gardens in the front, and it never even occurred to me until now. People walk by and compliment, and ask questions all the time. We share our veggies with our neighborhood, and no one is complaining.

Comparing a vegetable garden in the front yard, to a wrecked vehicle is really a very stupid argument. Gardens belong in dirt and cars belong in garages...really???????

If she goes to jail who in the heck is going to water the garden?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
reply to post by Frogs

Am I missing something here?
Why cant the city set standards for front yards?

Thats an easy one... because they don't own my front yard. Therefore, they don't get to set the standard for it.

Do you want to see wrecked cars sitting in peoples front yards
forever? How about people building 5 story houses in a neighborhood of two story houses,etc.
Gardens do belong in the back yard.
People can put whatever they want on their property and unless they are causing problems that spill over to yours thats just too bad for you because they own it and therefore can do what they want with it. Go cry to mommy if you don't like it.

The city should allow her to have it this year if she moves it to the back next year.
Haha, good one. The city should allow her to do what she wants with her own property. Oh, aren't they being generous.

Now my city has just banned smoking outside on ones private patio if two people complain,
if it is part of condo complex. That is without any basis in science as far as harm to others. It is
simply targeting smokers. So they should not have done that. Yes city governments are becoming fascists but not everything they do is wrong.

Not everything they do is wrong? I doubt it. I think everything they do is wrong. Its called a corrupt system where other people such as yourself think they own people's property. Guess what? You don't. So stay the hell out of other people's business and let them do what they want on their own property so long as they aren't harming you or anyone else. Live and let live.
edit on 8-7-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yep, agenda 21 at work yet again.

THEY don't want you growing your own food, they want you dependant on their GMO foods / susceptible to food shortages.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Very dangerous growing illegal drugs in your front yard like that. The codex alimentarius knows how bad these veges are for you, and fruit too; they contain toxins like vitamin C. People might have allergies to the fruit in your garden bed! The FDA did not approve of the vegetables, and they were not purchased through Monsanto. This means they are not round up resistant, nor have they had their genetics re-arranged to fix them up from the inferior ones that God made.

People eating such foodstuffs could become dangerously energetic, and overly aware, thus presenting a threat to National Security. Activities such as planting vegetables will likely cause adverse affects, such as increased agility, and un-monitored conversations with previously unknown pedestrians. There is no doubt that such front yard vegetable actives can covertly fund terrorist operations.

Anyway, at least we have the Rothschild and Rockefeller families to tell us what we need to do.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Absurdity knows no bounds

---

I'm sure the green thumbs here would have heard of Jules Deraves before and been inspired by him. If not heres a link to his site:

julesdervaes.com...

He's become just about absurd as the OP article in regards to trademarking urban homesteading etc...

This video explains Jules Deraves clearly (cool garden too!)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Inkrinhuminge

Ok well i hope this isnt too far off topic, but I recieved seeds in the mail today. It was a yellow envolope with about 8 tiny zip-locks with different seeds in them. They came from dinnergarden.org, and there was a bussiness card from them, and also from worldfoodgarden.org. I was of course happy to have them, and from the web site it looks like their mission is to end hunger. But now ya got me thinking...I hope they havent been altered in anyway...ahhh I'll plant em anyway

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Resonates with what Ron Paul said recently... You don't own your land, you rent it.

This story is a great example of that.

Every day new laws come to pass, to make the sheeple feel more comfortable, and secure. Soon, they'll just be comfortable and secure in a coffin.

No thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This thread is a mix of misinformation and disinformation.

NO ONE can limit what you grow, unless it is an illegal substance. If what the OP posted was true then ATS is not the only place you would hear this kind of cry wolf from, but it seems so.. %50 of all American's have a "garden". Be it a flower garden, a weed garden or a veggie garden, or hell even a garden of which the owner does not tend to on his own..

If they sell their harvest without a permit, that's their fault.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Let the course case run. It's nice to see the old way burn and fall.

She will win. There's no doubt.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I don't know about the U.S, but in other Common Law countries, if she owns the property in Fee Simple she can pretty much do whatever she pleases on her land. The local councils etc. have absolutely no authority over what people can do.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Accidentally shoot that neighbor in the face.

Oops.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

They don't want to limit what she's growing, they want to limit where she can grow it. So what are you saying, the lady made this up, and she isn’t being prosecuted?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Must you really debate this?

Why not just encourage people to plant gardens in their front yard. Whoa that might boost the entire city's health and there's also a possibility that it could increase mood as well

Really just encourage everyone for a healthy future. I would have done the same
Heck now Im thinking about doing this now

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I've been following this story all day and working overtime on facebook to get information out. I've posted the numbers for the Mayor and the City Planner. I also posted the link to the 'official' facebook page and the petition. (which I also see are posted here)

This is a disgusting story and if Americans don't wake up and defend this lady, it could be YOUR garden tomorrow. It shouldn't matter what you're doing on your own property if it's not affecting someone else. This lady used the event of having to dig up a sewer line and made her yard beautiful AND resourceful! There is nothing wrong with it! Furthermore, the city planner is an idiot! He said her yard wasn't "common"... that when he drove around the neighborhoods he didn't see other yards with gardens in the front.

I think she is right to refuse this. We need to continue showing support! I for one don't see a difference in this or any other fight for liberty. One isn't greater than the other to me. I don't want to wake up tomorrow being told the pecan tree in my yard is illegal cuz everyone else has Oak trees. When does the ignorance stop?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Come live in Vancouver. They'll give you a medal for turning your lawn into a garden.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

What you said, not that I agree with it. But then again why is this a problem unless she was selling her harvest? Right, It shouldn't be. But the way and terms the OP posted makes it out to be like they were singled out for having a garden in their front yard. I don't care what the title of this thread states. Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Honestly her garden looks fantastic and would probably add value to her house (if she removed the awful faded love seat)

Looks to me like the council man needs to prove why the tax payer pays him 100k a year so he doesn't just sit reading facebook all day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join