It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Plants Garden in Her Front Yard and Faces 93 Days in Jail for It.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by butcherguy

Wont be long before the FDA starts serving no-knock warrants killing pets and tackling grandma looking for those tomatoes and peppers.

They already do it for other non-approved plants I see no reason why vegetables will not be next!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants

Originally posted by OldCorp
I just found an online petition to support Ms. Bass. www.thepetitionsite.com...

I'm off to sign it right now.

Thank you sir. Good find!
2nd line

Not a problem. Have a video.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
sounds to me like a bunch of cryptos are running things there.

has anyone thought about doing a background check on the leadership ?
like criminal connections.
are they drug users?

and how about list of known associates ?

looks like a gut over reaction to protect somebody from being exposed.
amateurs usually are paranoid when it comes to hiding things.

Oak Park is in the Detroit area right ?

1 + 1 = 2

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Yeah.... I hope the city loses on this one. The PA should also be investigated for prosecutorial misconduct in pursuing the charge.

Government needs to get with the picture.. We elect you to run the city / government. You answer to the people, not the other way around. Get the hell out of the personal lives of the people and concentrate on the job you were elected to do, which is to say the day to day operations of the city in a manner that best serves the residents.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
She should tell the authorities that she is doing her part to get TN off the top 10 fattest list.
Someone wrote on the Facebook page that ATS got the state wrong and wants to remind people that it is MI, not TN.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Good catch. The list has TN @ 3 and MI @ 10, so at least I can claim my statement is still accurate!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I would get a lawyer and file a Civil suit against the city for destroying MY GRASS when they dug up the yard to repair the CITY sewer line...and the resulting damages plus payment for wrongful arrest after she was arrested for planting Vegetables and spent 93 days in jail...defamation of character....

I'd want $550,000 from the city and wouldn't take a penny less.

edit on 8-7-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Am I missing something here?
Why cant the city set standards for front yards?
Do you want to see wrecked cars sitting in peoples front yards
forever? How about people building 5 story houses in a neighborhood of two story houses,etc.
Gardens do belong in the back yard.
The city should allow her to have it this year if she moves it to the back next year.

Now my city has just banned smoking outside on ones private patio if two people complain,
if it is part
of condo complex. That is without any basis in science as far as harm to others. It is
simply targeting smokers.
So they should not have done that.
Yes city governments are becoming fascists but not everything they do is wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

A well-tended, raised bed garden is a far cry from a wrecked car.

What if they decide they don't want anyone to have rosebushes..... Someone might get pricked by a thorn, you know.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by RRokkyy

A well-tended, raised bed garden is a far cry from a wrecked car.

What if they decide they don't want anyone to have rosebushes..... Someone might get pricked by a thorn, you know.

I have a garden.
A vegetable garden is a vegetable garden. Sometimes they are bare dirt, then they have little plants,
then they have veggies, then they get overgrown, then you start over.
It is not what 99 % of suburban city folk consider a proper front yard.
Grass,shrubs,trees,desert low water style landscaping is what people expect.
If you dont have standards people will do anything.
And I have JUST BEEN THE VICTIM OF A HOA PERSECUTION THAT WAS COMPLETELY
ILLEGAL AND AMOUNTED TO A CONSPIRACY. Unfortunately I couldnt afford the lawyers
to fight them.

Now in a rural area the government should keep its expletive hands off your property.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

In a word... Yes.

peace

I really hope anyone and everyone in that area - and in your own areas - START PLANTING MORE VEGGIES IN YOUR FRONT YARDSSSS!!!!!

more peace

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry but where does she live?

In AMERIKA

Do you have rights or freedom in Amerika? No, you have privileges. Privileges that can be taken away from you at anytime. Don't believe this? Google Japanese Americans 1942.

And as far as owning property, sorry you cannot own any land in Amerika. The banks do.

Star if you a g r e e
tee
hee

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Didn't the First Lady encourage us to grow gardens?
edit on 8-7-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Tell her to hire Jose Baez,or Chaney Mason
they got Casey off!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Grass,shrubs,trees,desert low water style landscaping is what people expect.

Conformity leads to a bland dead society. We need funky people that do wonderfully funky things. Gardens are life giving and beautiful. Grass and shrubs are just green filler.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I just found an online petition to support Ms. Bass. www.thepetitionsite.com...

I'm off to sign it right now.
I noticed that the site you posted was for Oak Park Mi?Is this a typo?Or are there two Mrs.Bass and fam? I did sign the petition ...I wonder if it would make a difference if the Bass family smelled their veggies and ate their flowers?I mean really what is the difference? I do hope this goes viral and causes great embarrassment to the city......shame shame

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

DOH! My bad.. that's what I get for posting before the coffee has kicked. I don't even know why I thought TN now.

You are right -it is apparently in MI not TN..

The Edit time has passed now so I can't change my OP without help from our mighty mods.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
reply to post by Frogs

Yes

Why cant the city set standards for front yards?

I don't really have a problem with the city setting standards for the appearance of yards, but common sense should have some say in the decision process, and a well kept vegetable garden will look just as nice as a well kept lawn

forever?

Depends, are you talking about a car up on cinder blocks with weeds growing up around it, or in the driveway as an on going project?

How about people building 5 story houses in a neighborhood of two story houses,etc.

I live in an older neighbor hood and just a block or two over are some old colonial style homes that are 3 - 4 story with 1 and 2 story homes around them and they do not look out of place

Gardens do belong in the back yard.

Says who??? I have mine on my side yard

The city should allow her to have it this year if she moves it to the back next year.

I city should pull it's head out and apply the above mentioned common sense

Now my city has just banned smoking outside on ones private patio if two people complain,
if it is part of condo complex. That is without any basis in science as far as harm to others. It is
simply targeting smokers.So they should not have done that.

Sorry but Boo Hoo, you won't support something as simple as freedom to grow a garden, why should anybody support your complaint about a complicated issue like second hand smoke hazards??

Yes city governments are becoming fascists but not everything they do is wrong.

True

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Reading things like this just gets me so mad. I myself grow a lot of food around my yard. I even have some squash on the easement in front of my home. Haven't had a single complaint.
edit on 8-7-2011 by EPTruth because: Typo

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Oak Park’s Planning and Technology Director Kevin Rulkowski says the city disagrees. He says, “If you look at the dictionary, suitable means common. You can look all throughout the city and you’ll never find another vegetable garden that consumes the entire front yard.”

I'll be you look around most towns and you'll not hardly find a government official with common sense either...doesnt mean there arent any though.

Gotta love bureaucrats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join