It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US government openly admits arming Mexican drug gangs with 30,000 firearms – but why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

It is now a widely-reported fact that under the Obama administration, U.S. federal agents actively placed over 30,000 fully-functional weapons into the hands of Mexican drug gangs, then halted all surveillance and tracking activities of where those weapons were going.

This is not a conspiracy theory, nor a piece of fiction. It is now an openly-admitted fact that this was pulled off by the BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, more commonly called “ATF”) under orders from Washington. The program was called “Fast and Furious.”

Even Reuters is now covering the news and reporting how members of Congress are outraged to learn that this happened (www.reuters.com...…).

Details are also starting to leak about the cover-up inside ATF, which was led by the U.S. Attorney in Arizona, Dennis Burke, an Obama appointee

(dailycaller.com...…). The engineering of the illegal gun running went right up the chain of command to the director of the ATF, Kenneth Melson, who is now expected to resign. The real planning of this event went even higher up the chain of command in Washington, possibly all the way to Attorney General Eric Holder (dailycaller.com...…).

Among the firearms sold to the Mexican drug gangs were AK-47s, thousands of pistols and, remarkably, .50-caliber rifles which are typically used to disable vehicles or carry out sniper-based assassinations at extremely long ranges (up to two miles). The mainstream media is now reporting that these weapons are turning up in violent crimes being committed in Phoenix, Arizona. As an ABC news affiliate reports:

“According to the testimony of three Phoenix ATF agents, including Dodson, hundreds of weapons are now on the streets in the United States and Mexico, possibly in the hands of criminals. Dodson estimated the number could be as many as 1,800 weapons. He estimated agents in the Phoenix field division facilitated the sale of approximately 2,500 weapons to straw purchasers. A few hundred have been recovered.”

How the “Fast and Furious” program put thousands of weapons directly into the hands of Mexican drug gangs

Here’s how “Fast and Furious” worked: Under orders from Washington, ATF agents were specifically told to acquire these weapons using “straw” buyers in the USA, find new buyers in Mexican drug gangs, then sell the weapons and “lose track” of them. Although some agents raised concerns about the insanity, they were overruled by the higher-ups in Washington who wanted to pursue this policy for their own reasons. “It made no sense to us either, it was just what we were ordered to do, and every time we questioned that order there was punitive action,” said Phoenix Special Agent John Dodson.

But what could be the reasons for Washington initiating such a program in the first place? Why would the Obama administration actively send 30,000 sniper rifles, assault weapons and firearms into Mexico even while claiming to follow an anti-gun stance back in the USA?

To answer that question, you need to understand P.R.S — Problem, Reaction, Solution. It is the “playbook” that governments use to get what they want, which usually involves: 1) Disarming their populations, 2) Taking away all their rights and freedoms, and then 3) Ruling over their people as tyrants with complete power.

Precisely such an effort is now underway in the United States, led by the Obama administration which has repeatedly demonstrated itself to be an enemy of the U.S. Constitution and its Bill of Rights.

www.prisonplanet.com...

So do you think this was done just to bring in gun control? or to actually start violence? I'm thinking the politicians did it because they want to bring in gun control, which coincides with the UN's marching orders to remove guns, and now Obama follows the UN unquestioning (when did that begin?) but as a result of "losing track of the guns" they have to be smart enough to realize this will lead to violence. So are they really trying to fool themselves this much or do they, like the American people, just not care enough? I'd hope people care about this issue, it's the story of the month at least, it sure beats Casey Anthony. Think how many children the drug gangs could kill with these 30,000 guns and stop caring about the Hollywood media trials.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Unfortunately, I think theyre winding down.

It's all gonna come out in a couple of months. A lot of the truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

(Reuters) - U.S. firearms agents told lawmakers on Wednesday they were instructed to only watch as hundreds of guns were bought, illegally resold and sent to Mexico where drug-related violence has raged for years.

www.reuters.com...

Of course, once again this happened in Arizona. Lot of crazy stuff happening in Arizona. And then the US wonders why cartel violence is spilling over the border

Mexican Drug Cartel Violence Spills Over, Alarming U.S

www.nytimes.com...

Really? It's Alarming the U.S? Is it really so alarming when the white house and ATFE are giving them 30,000 weapons? Some rocket scientists we have working in our government.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I say it's time, me hardies, to declare a Letter of Marquee, and be done with the bastages! Yo ho ho ho, a bottle 'O rum fer meeee....

How many States can we carve outa Mexico, I wonders?

AARRRRRR HARRHARHARRRR ...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Not sure if you are aware, but the Mexican Drug War is really the US governments war to control the Mexican Drug Trade.

Those 30,000 weapons, I guess they eventually had to be accountable, but I suspect they were really given to their own feet on the ground.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Not sure if you are aware, but the Mexican Drug War is really the US governments war to control the Mexican Drug Trade.

Those 30,000 weapons, I guess they eventually had to be accountable, but I suspect they were really given to their own feet on the ground.

*wink*

exactly what I'm getting at!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

How many states were you planning to carve out of Afghanistans opium fields? *wink wink*
edit on 8-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

It's plausible, but if they needed to give 30,000 weapons to the police or border patrol they could have done it legally. If there is some type of secret military operating near the Mexican border than people would have pictures and video of it. I think they are smart enough to know to at least try and claim these weapons were in the hands of the "good guys" i.e. the cops and border patrol but they didn't do that because their cover was blown.

Here’s how “Fast and Furious” worked: Under orders from Washington, ATF agents were specifically told to acquire these weapons using “straw” buyers in the USA, find new buyers in Mexican drug gangs, then sell the weapons and “lose track” of them. Although some agents raised concerns about the insanity, they were overruled by the higher-ups in Washington who wanted to pursue this policy for their own reasons. “It made no sense to us either, it was just what we were ordered to do, and every time we questioned that order there was punitive action,” said Phoenix Special Agent John Dodson.

The ATFE agents were told this so if they were giving it to a drug war army why wouldn't they just be told that? Is the fear of uncovering an army within the United States so bad it is better to say you gave weapons to drug gangs? That's a tough cookie to crack. I'd say with all the illegal wars going on in other parts of the world the American people would at least be happy to know there was some type of army protecting the homeland.

edit on 8-7-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

*wink*

I truthfully do not see your logic, for one if your going to Democratize Iraq, Afganistan, Lybia, Mexico, etc, and so forth, these countries needed to have a self governing nation-state in which the United States was founded on. But what you have are LDC's-with or without constitutions that just as soon as America gets out, will return to who-ever the strongest pragmatic dictator is. So now you have two choices.
1) be the new Imperial power and keep troops in these countries forever.
2) Keep these countries on the base level of economics in which they are in a constant state of needing basic necessities, thus creating the U.S. to even greater debt.

Again America is about bankrupt, do we have the money and resources to keep the rest of the world in shambles as our own infrastructure is crumbling

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
No doubt they sold it to the lowerlevel dupes as a clever ploy to blame it on US gun dealers and then legislate for more gun controls.

Obamas real reason though is undoubtedly as part of the program to destabilise Mexico, by making it ungovernable.
Once they pull the economic rug and ordinary mexicans can no longer afford food - they are going to 'reclaim' the land they have been propagandised to believe has been stolen from them by those fat lazy evil racist gringos.

Not that they want the beaners to have the US - just as disposable numpties to help collapse it, same with the blacks who are also primed for civil war.

In Europe they are arranging for pretty much the same outcome with the muslims.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

*wink*

I truthfully do not see your logic, for one if your going to Democratize Iraq, Afganistan, Lybia, Mexico, etc, and so forth, these countries needed to have a self governing nation-state in which the United States was founded on. But what you have are LDC's-with or without constitutions that just as soon as America gets out, will return to who-ever the strongest pragmatic dictator is. So now you have two choices.
1) be the new Imperial power and keep troops in these countries forever.
2) Keep these countries on the base level of economics in which they are in a constant state of needing basic necessities, thus creating the U.S. to even greater debt.

Again America is about bankrupt, do we have the money and resources to keep the rest of the world in shambles as our own infrastructure is crumbling

That's Why they are "acquiring" these occupied country's resources, such as poppy fields, oil fields, mineral deposites, etc.... to FUND our ocupation there, get it now?

It's no different than when the Buccaneers did it... look up 'Letter of Marquee' to learn more, then discover how many of these America has on record.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow, Really you guys are way off base. This has nothing to do with taking over Mexico. This is government deception, false flag op, corruption.

This op was meant to inflate the numbers to effect harsher gun control. Pure an simple. Under the radar, remember. It is blowing up in their faces.

This has blood on the hands of BATFE, FBI, DEA, US Attorney Generals & most likely Obama also.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VAPatriot

This has blood on the hands of BATFE, FBI, DEA, US Attorney Generals & most likely Obama also.

Everything you just mentioned should be shut down, fired, and impeached NOW

The naysayers need to take a long hard look at this story and stop believing their government is there to protect them.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The problem with your logic is that the U.S. does not follow the Great Britian Imperial model. G.B. used Imperialism to acquire wealth for their nation. U.S. uses its Imperial model in fattening "only" big corporations.

Thus, our Imperial way of going about business will wreck this country, if you do not believe me look at our debt from 2000 to current

If you were right in your train of thought would not the U.S. debt be going down, and not the other way around

However, I will agree with you about de-stablizing not only stated nation-states, but the world economy, and as Rome fell of old, so too shall we

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

This is only a minor surface scratch.

They traffic a lot of the drugs through oil platforms. Fishing boats take them to the platforms, then they are hid with all the mining equipment that is not checked by customs.

Yes, the guns could easily have been a false flag, but I think it makes more sense that they are just arming the cartels they have set-up, bought out, and currently run.

Woe to anyone mexican citizen who witnesses US Agents in Mexican cartels, they get their whole family shot up. Anyone who wants a piece of the pie, i.e. other cartels, ALL OUT WAR, guess who wins.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Maybe this was selling surplus to help fund a black op, but is seems like a small return. Perhaps this is the tip of the ice berg. Perhaps they're trying to instigate a war with Mexico as an excuse to invade, as a prelude to the N.A.U. It seems strange that the trail of weapons goes through Arizona, unless their illegal alien laws and border violence is figured in.

Continue to push disarming the U.S. and ease border protections, but arm the drug cartel in that bordering country. Send the weapons through a state that is asserting itself concerning border protection in an attempt to make them seem weak when the big guns show up in border violence. Send in troops to show federal superiority in the face of a "real" threat they helped create. Push into Mexico and restructure their government with our puppet leaders. Those leaders help to integrate Mexico into the N.A.U.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Sorry for my ignorance, I didnt look up what a 'Letter of Marquee' was.

The mexican drug war is a long standing war. It pays for itself because no doubt all the drugs come through mexico from further south. We all know the US has military interests in South America too.

Every war currently fought under the banner of peace is actually done with the most evil intentions. Every opportunity is extracted from every situation.

Also, have a look at the Navy New World Map that allows for the rising of the oceans, and have a look at where they are currently fighting wars...could it just be a coincidence?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
Push into Mexico and restructure their government with our puppet leaders. Those leaders help to integrate Mexico into the N.A.U.

They already have a puppet installed.

The only cartels the mexican police and army are fighting are the ones who are trying to get a piece of the 'World Illegal Drug Trade' pie.

BUT, Your theory is no doubt one beneficial outcome that can certainly be used by them as an advantage. Fair play to you son.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wouldnt surprise me if it was as simple as the cartels having more money and clout than the US gov so we just work for them now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join