It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im thinking of getting a metal detector...anyone recomend a good one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
right so i was thinking of picking up a metal detector to have a little look what i can find around the mountains in wales (alot of old roman roads)
seen loads on flebay with different settings that can pick out different metals etc but i havent got a clue what to get to start off.
i dont mind spending a bit of cash on it as with all things you can buy the cheap ones are generaly a waste of time.

so if theres anyone on here that could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I never had one, always wanted one too though.

This UK site seems like a good website though since you are located in the UK.

Search and you will find.

Good Luck.

GM

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I lost a gold ring once. Metal detectors that find gold are in a whole other league than non gold detectors. They also cost a whole lot more. So, I guess you need to determine if gold is in your intrest.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Whatever you do ,Don't buy one from walmart . A good metal detector will cost you around a 1000 dollars, there is a magazine on metal detectors that you can subscribe to, that sells top of the line M.D . I can't remember the name of the magazine , just google it , I'm sure it will pop up.
edit on 8-7-2011 by bdb818888 because: brain fart

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm getting this one for my holiday in Pwllheli.cgi.ebay.co.uk...:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
hey welsh,

i recommend a Whites detector. whiteselectronics.com...

i used to own one of their XLT models and i loved it.

all of their higher end models show a graphic representation of whats in the ground before you dig!

Whites is top of the line.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
yep, whites is top of the line... I have an older top of the line whites, without the digital screen, but I find all kinds of good #, gold, silver, old coins, even found an old copper knife blade that I sold for 900 bucks. If you have the time it can be rewarding. But i'd go whites....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
All I can say is needs to discriminate well.
And that it works in very wet soils.

new topics

top topics

join