It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black and Yellow???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hi ATS crowd, I have a peculiar feeling that there is going to be a new color theme, and further "trend" manipulation this year and perhaps years to come...

I'm sure that we all know how pop music, rap, etc... and anything else the MTV or any other influential corporation's execs want to manipulate the market to the consumer masses with...

Anyone remember "white T" ??? and how annoying that was and then EVERYONE that they were targeting their trends to all of a sudden thought it was cool and the thing to wear a giant white t-shirt?

We all should know by know the trends they like to set to help brainwash the populace, and what better than that of a "hive mind" and might as well have everyone out there in "sheeple la la ba ba have you any wool land"... wear and "bee" manipulated into the "bee like" behaviour...

Is it just me, or am I hearing and seeing a lot of things with the color combination of black and yellow, ads with (lance armstrong) music (wiz khalifa) company logos (starz) etc...

It just seems that each day there are more and more popping up...

edit on 8-7-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I hope not! It would be like we were living in "Bee Movie"!!!
Black and Yellow, HELLO!!!!!!!!!

Not that my Wife wouldn't mind!!!
edit on 8-7-2011 by MrEuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kamesan

no - your just taking more notice - and activly looking for it

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
That song is about the Pitsburg Steelers.

I hate bees.
edit on 8-7-2011 by W3RLIED2 because: wrong button

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kamesan
Is it just me, ...

Yes, its just you.

Try getting out more, smell some roses.
You will see things a whole lot differently.

st.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
No.. It's simple psychology.. You are just noticing it more..

For example, your friend buys a mercedes.. You didn't see
Many before, although now you notice them everywhere..

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I never really noticed. Now that you mention it, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The song black and yellow is about Wiz Khalifa being from PITTSBURGH and repping the Steelers. A football team... that's it. Actually read the lyrics before you scream about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I think i now what song you are referring to,

But i don't think there is much about it, just a fairly simple song, same ol' same ol', hip-hop, bitches, money. Can't make up more of it..

I like the song though

edit on 8/7/2011 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/7/2011 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
No.. It's simple psychology.. You are just noticing it more..

For example, your friend buys a mercedes.. You didn't see
Many before, although now you notice them everywhere..

Exactly right, ever since I started to go thin on top I've managed to easily spot someone's thinning patch or receding hairline a lot easier and more frequent than before.

Fashion always has trends year upon year but the big white t-shirt thing? Haven't people wore them for years year in and year out?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamesan

I dont know about all of that- but the song is cool though

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamesan

The next thing you'll see is user names. . . .
oh. Dang.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
One of the side effects of frequenting this site is that sometimes you begin to see a conspiracy in everything. Ease up dude.
Regarding the song "Black and Yellow"...
"It's for the city of Pittsburgh," Khalifa, 23, said. "I'm from Pittsburgh, got that hometown pride so it's good to represent. It's not just for the Steelers, it's for the Pirates and the Penguins and everything Pittsburgh. There's nowhere like Pittsburgh." Source

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
sorry for forgetting to post back in here lol

yeah im sure there is just a simple psychological correlation to seeing trends in everyday things the more you pay attention to them...

Just thought it was weird after seeing such a random perturbation in the amount of the two colors combined after hearing the song lol...

and yes i know "he be reppin Pittsburgh" and their colors are black and yellow...

here's a funny tidbit if anyone ever finds their way back to this thread...

here is the google image page of the keywords "black and yellow"... and what are the odds that WHEELS RIMS CARS ESPECIALLY KICKS "aka" who they are marketing to... and notice what the vast majority of ads go to...

www.google.com... i=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBMQ_AUoAQ
edit on 21-7-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamesan
sorry for forgetting to post back in here lol

yeah im sure there is just a simple psychological correlation to seeing trends in everyday things the more you pay attention to them...

Just thought it was weird after seeing such a random perturbation in the amount of the two colors combined after hearing the song lol...

and yes i know "he be reppin Pittsburgh" and their colors are black and yellow...

here's a funny tidbit if anyone ever finds their way back to this thread...

here is the google image page of the keywords "black and yellow"... and what are the odds that WHEELS RIMS CARS ESPECIALLY KICKS "aka" who they are marketing to... and notice what the vast majority of ads go to...

www.google.com... i=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBMQ_AUoAQ
edit on 21-7-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

I think the whole beehive thing is a great way to explain the trends in music...having no substance trying to "DUmb down" the populace...what ever happened to pop music?

edit on 22-7-2011 by SurrealEzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
not a rap fan myself but hear this song all the time. found a metal cover thats some what bearable

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Why do all cookie monster singers sound the same now?

A friend of mines band.... Sounds allot like the same kinda singing...

When I sing I sound like nirvana with a twist....Everyone says it sucks cause it sounds too much like nirvana. Its a conspiracy because its ok for every one to sound like

edit on 22-7-2011 by SurrealEzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealEzen

haha because you dont have to pay em as much??? its because of the guitarists.. what ever tune the guitarist plays in the singer trys to mimic the tune.. so you play in drop D you get the cookie monster you go lower than that you get drowning in gravy lol

to your freind,
edit on 22-7-2011 by strafgod because: wrong muppet

new topics

join