It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you are at death's door.... No one say's " Please save me, stream of energy", or " It's a

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I dont think they doubt the afterlife its the energy with them fearing the unknown more less. Their secure.

Namaste*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I work in a fairly busy EMS system as an EMT. So I experience a lot of people who are faced with death on a regular basis, and i have heard more praying to God and Jesus in the back of the ambulance than I have at church! People from all walks of life too. Why that is, I have no idea, but it does happen frequently. One of the first things I learned at work is when someone says they think they are about to die, 90% of the time they do, but only for a little while until me and my partner revive them

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What a weird thread but something I have thought about a lot. I think the most common pleading from a dying person would be 'mum' in whatever language. It's a cry for this fear to be over and a need for comfort, safety, cradling, etc. I'll bet it was the most common last word for millions during the last century, through senseless warfare. Makes me want to cry when I think about it, actually.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Sometimes, it's unwise to over-attribute such "turns of phrases" - I personally know many atheists who use "God knows" or "Jesus Christ!; they are often just an exclamative, a turn of phrase, appropriate for emphasis or where no other words will suffice.

Of course, i can't speak for believers; perhaps it's a turn of phrase for them too; and stemming from their beliefs too.

If i was anxious of imminent death; i'd would yearn for a miracle; for the laws of physics to be broken in my favour.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join