It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Enemy Contact, but Alien Contact…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
During the Vietnam War, American army commands maintained daily journals documenting assorted events. Most entries were relatively mundane, documenting staff meetings, personnel travel, incoming or outgoing messages, and the like. Some were more administratively significant, such as changes in command, the awarding of medals, or the filing of reports. Naturally, many contain descriptions of combat against the enemy.

Then there are entries that more closely resemble an episode of the X-Files than a war movie.

One such entry appears in the January 6, 1969 daily journal of the 23rd Infantry Division’s Chu Lai Defense Command. The command’s mission was to coordinate ground defense of the Chu Lai Defense Sector on the Vietnamese coast about 40 miles southeast of Da Nang. Base defenses included a system of numbered observation towers ringing the base. Towers routinely reported anything unusual or potentially threatening to the base. At 0152 hours (1:52 am), the day’s journal records Tower 72 making such a report:

Twr 72 rpts object flying into their area about 700m infront [sic] of them, AZ 310°. Object came in slow over the ASP & landed. When object moves it has a glowing light. It is about 15 – 20 ft across. It is shaped like a big egg. Control twr rpts their radar did not pick anything up. Object also does not seem to have any sound to it when it moves.

Full Story: blogs.archives.gov...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Orders were being followed as not reporting something could land you in trouble .
What they saw is open to speculation ..but the sighting was reported..thus I believe they saw something out of the norm .
What did they see ..Unless they were new in country they would have been able to explain what it was (flair ect.. )
I wonder why they didnt open fire ?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

Dear ckno1

This is a clear case of swamp gas, unless it proves to be a weather balloon.

There no proof none what so ever too many magic mushrooms and the world is surely flat.

Sorry I just couldn’t help it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

ok - tower 72 made this report , why didnt towers 71 and 73 witness it ???????

and what about all the sangars inbetween the twowers ????

just pointing out that to have any effectivness a perimeter defence needs to be interlocking - that goes for both observers / sentries views and weapons arcs of fire

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Has anybody seen the flying saucer picture, that was taken in Vietnam, during the Vietnam War?

I hope it was not labled a "fake". It's a very close-up photo, of the classic "saucer" shape; just over the top of the jungle canopy.

If someone has found the photo, can they please post it; since I still don't know how.

Thanks,

Erno86

top topics

join