It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts find rogue stem cells in liver cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Experts find rogue stem cells in liver cancer

www.newsdaily.com

HONG KONG, July 7, 2011 (Reuters) — Liver cancers are embedded with a type of super cancer stem cells that make them resistant to chemotherapy, spread to other body parts and stage a comeback even after they are surgically removed, researchers in Hong Kong reported on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Great step forward in cancer treatment,im no medical expert but i do understand how any form of cancer can devastate anyone..Ive had multiple experiences with close friends and family bieng swallowed up by cancer,hell i had my brush with it at the age of 16,its pretty terryfying to think that as of that moment your death date is stamped on your foot...Hopefully this will be a significant breakthrough in the war against the unpredictable bringer of death.

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Its lame how expensive, non-effective research and treatment like this gets all the attention and money thrown at it, whilst tried and tested cheap cancer cures get swept under the rug.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Maybe because all those cheap cures.. aren't cheap cures and/or hoaxes?

Did it ever occur that there's a certain amount of assumption amongst the people on this board, along with people who are willing to hoax others for money or amusement?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Did it ever occur that there's a certain amount of assumption amongst the people on this board, along with people who are willing to hoax others for money or amusement?

Erm..
Read this.
There are plenty of other irrefutable bits and bobs available mate.
Try searching.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Its lame how expensive, non-effective research and treatment like this gets all the attention and money thrown at it, whilst tried and tested cheap cancer cures get swept under the rug.
well obviously there is no tried and true cure for every cancer,if there was research like this would be focusing on the next big human killer. BTW might i ask what these tested and proven methods that you beleive exist may be?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

The entire problem with cheap cancer cures is that you don't make that much money from them.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I wonder how they developed that level of Hep B over there? ...

That represents a huge portion of the world's population, and to have such a nasty thing be so prevalent, esp, in a culture where self healing and herbals are very prominent ... that seems most odd! ...

I wonder if they are as callous with their own populations as they are with exports (melamine in food)?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Or maybe it's that they don't exist?
That could be it too.

You have to understand that.. I see a lot of horribly presented and thought out cancer cures.

My favorite is "Honey and cinnamon."

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
High doses of I.V. Vitimin C. I've seen it with my own eyes! You would be amazed at how the government hides something as simple as that b/c they can't make money. Almost every drug I try to order for the clinic were I work is backordered, some since March. It's very odd and all has to do with generics, the FDA, and money. Or they're stocking up for something big. My fellow Americans.....get off all the damn drugs, processed foods, and wake up. We might just cure cancer if we start listening and paying attention to what we put in our bodies.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Don't ya know...

The only reasons the cures that would work are swept under the rug is greed
and politics, the human factor just doesn't matter...sad!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I know for a fact that if I ever get cancer I'll be downing as many vegetable smoothies I can get my hands on.

There was also that guy who had a 90% success rate curing people with bicarbonate of soda was it? His work was shunned because it wasn't an accepted protocol, he had to get his patients to sign a form which would not hold him accountable if the treatment failed and the patient died. But yes a 90% success rate with some basic household item and some surgery. The guy is now dead and his work does not continue.

The search for the cure of cancer is now a multi billion dollar industry, at first it started up to find the cure, and now it exists as all multibillion dollar industries do; to self perpetuate.

There will always be small advances in the cure for cancer, but there will never be the eureka moment where the cure is found, the hospitals and pharmaceuticals are informed, and the industry as a whole dissolved, wont happen.

new topics

top topics

join