It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Gunrunner was paid for by the 2009 stimulus !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Will the wonders never cease?!? The ATF received monies from the stimulus to fund their now failed Operation Gunrunner! WOW we payed for this mess ??? This administration is the pinacle of arrogant. This first bit here was passed on to me.Link So i went and looked myself and found this.

For an additional amount for ‘State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance’, $40,000,000, for competitive grants to provide assistance and equipment to local law enforcement along the Southern border and in High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas to combat criminal narcotics activity stemming from the Southern border, of which $10,000,000 shall be transferred to ‘Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Salaries and Expenses’ for the ATF Project Gunrunner.
Nice job in slipping that in
Link II

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now for a bump since this was posted fairly late last night. Since the stimulus was such a bust it is kind of ironic that it helped pay for the gunrunner program. I mean come on it's not like it created any jobs
Another reason earmarks are a waste!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Holder took full credit for Gunrunner at an arms summit in Cuernavaca, Mexico in 2009!

His denial to CBS News and then under oath to Congress,was not just a lie; it's obstruction of justice, contempt of Congress, perjury and treason.

He led a program that armed drug cartels, lied to Congress about it, but bragged to the Mexican government and an anti-gun symposium about how it worked and what it would "accomplish."

Of course, he left out the part about fueling his anti-2nd amendment agenda and pushing his (US only, it appears) gun control agenda.

It's greatest "accomplshments" thus far would have to include the rising anti-gun movement at DoJ, and the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry!

Holder may have started the ball rolling by lying to a CBS reporter.

"Holder's office at first vehemently denied ATF has ever knowingly allowed weapons to get into the hands of suspected gunrunners for Mexico's drug cartels," CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson reported.

washingtonexaminer.com...

He may have felt confident enough, when no other MSM adorati picked up the story, to carry the lie all the way to perjury.

On May 3, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder testified before House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa's committee that he only learned about the government's sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels "in the last few weeks."

The truth came out when Andrew Breitbart's "Big Government" reportage/blogspot dug up Holder's real involvement.

, the problem with Holder’s feigned ignorance is that he gave a speech in Cuernavaca, Mexico, on April 2, 2009, in which he boasted about Operation “Gunrunner” and told Mexican authorities of everything he was doing to insure its success.

Holder told the audience:

Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion.

www.biggovernment.com...

All of this might have been overlooked as "just politics" or a "slip of the tongue," but for the tragic fact that it cost an American agent his life, followed by Holder's orchestration of an extensive cover-up.

once the whole thing got crazy, and “Fast and Furious” left Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry dead, Holder and others in the Justice Department went from boasting about such projects to pressuring people like Acting ATF Director Melson to keep their mouths shut.

Melson is on record saying that “Justice Department officials sought to limit and control his communications with Congress.” Moreover, when he saw the storm clouds rising and attempted to reassign “every major official involved” in Operation “Fast and Furious,” Melson said “Justice Department officials directed him and other ATF officials to not communicate to Congress the reasoning behind the reassignments.”

As if the murder of an American agent wasn't enough, the weapons are now turning up at crime scenes on both sides of the border.

With 43 automatic weapons with serial numbers traced back to the ATF operation seized during a single traffic stop in Phoenix, and others showing up in crimes throughout Arizona, the ATF director now claims that Holder's department is obstructing the congressional investigation.

Are we now to believe that Holder acted without his mentor's knowldge? This could be the beginning of a grand revelation of Barack Obama's design to dismantle the United States and "transform" it into the great Utopia of the "Dreams of [his] Father."

Border-gate? Doesn't sound ominous enough, but we may have to settle for it.

jw
edit on 9-7-2011 by jdub297 because: url

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
some real justice better come of this...it's a shame something like this isn't getting as much attention as it should...this is a big scandal for sure...I bet obama knew about it just like holder did...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Although CBS brought out the story, I haven't seen any of the MSM follow up, or even significant follow up from CBS.

First, CBS started out with Obama, himself.

"Well first of all I did not authorize it. Eric Holder the Attorney General did not authorize it. He's been very clear that our policy is to catch gun runners and put 'em into jail," Mr. Obama said of the controversial ATF operation called "Fast and Furious." "You were not even informed about it?" asked Univision reporter Jorge Ramos. "Absolutely not," said Mr. Obama. "There may be a situation here which a serious mistake was made and if that's the case then we'll find out and well hold somebody accountable." But who? In an exclusive interview with CBS News, the lead ATF official in Mexico at the time Darren Gil says somebody in the Justice Department did know about the case. Gil says his supervisor at ATF's Washington D.C. headquarters told him point-blank the operation was approved even higher than ATF Director Kenneth Melson.

www.cbsnews.com...

Then, they went to the ATF.
(CBS News) WASHINGTON - Federal agent John Dodson says what he was asked to do was beyond belief. He was intentionally letting guns go to Mexico? "Yes ma'am," Dodson told CBS News. "The agency was." An Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms senior agent assigned to the Phoenix office in 2010, Dodson's job is to stop gun trafficking across the border. Instead, he says he was ordered to sit by and watch it happen. Investigators call the tactic letting guns "walk." In this case, walking into the hands of criminals who would use them in Mexico and the United States.
www.cbsnews.com...

Then, they went to Holder, himself. Guess what he said.

When questioned by the media, Holder also denied knowing anything about Gunrunner:

"Holder's office at first vehemently denied ATF has ever knowingly allowed weapons to get into the hands of suspected gunrunners for Mexico's drug cartels," CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson reported.

So, why has CBS not pressed harder? Where's the rest of the MSM?
www.cbsnews.com...

jw

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

i have the feeling they may have been told not to report on it...MSM tends to listen to their masters...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well Regan got out of the Iran-Contra scandal so I'd imagine Obama will dodge this somehow.

It would be nice if it totally blew up however and his administration was held responsible for it in a court of law or something.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Reagan was never shown to have approved the diversion of arms or money.
Several people, including WH "operatives," were convicted in Iran-Contra.

After Independent Counsel Lawrence E. Walsh's appointment in December 1986, 14 persons were charged with criminal offenses. Eleven persons were convicted, but two convictions were overturned on appeal. Two persons were pardoned before trial and one case was dismissed when the Bush Administration declined to declassify information necessary for trial. On December 24, 1992, President Bush pardoned Caspar W. Weinberger, Duane R. Clarridge, Clair E. George, Elliott Abrams, Alan D. Fiers, Jr., and Robert C. McFarlane.

www.fas.org...

In Bordergate, Obama approved theoriginal $10,000,000 funding as part of the "stimulus," and asked for an additional $11,000,000 in this year's budget!
www.realclearpolitics.com...

He has already gone on record as calling Holder, "my attorney general," with regard to Gunnrunner and Fast & Furious.

President Barack Obama, at his press conference, spoke carefully about an emerging scandal over a federal gun-running probe.

“My attorney general has made clear that he certainly would not have ordered gun-running to be able to pass through into Mexico,” Mr. Obama said.

blogs.wsj.com...

Barack Obama and HIS AG, WEric Holder, own this one.

Oops!

jw
Obama is seeking at keast 1 other term with this bunch of thugs.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Have never needed to embed video, but here's a link to the video from C-Span covering the March 24, 2009 press announcement of Obama's new operation "Fast and Furious!"

How much longer will he say he didn't know?
patriotsunion.ning.com...:Video:30223&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_video

jw

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
yes stimulus funds paid for gunwalker and fast and furious and no there will be no justice.

holder and obama are above the law and chose what laws to write and circumvent

we will pay for those in more ways that just dollars this was part of their master plan its all about politics

second ammendment and immigration get rid of the guns and get more votes for the democrats

most people are just playing catch up to the master game of chess that is american politics.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've been following this issue pretty closely since it began and I'd say it undoubtedly meets conspiracy to usurp second amendment rights by an end around by our so called Government as it exists today.

There is not any doubt in my mind that the program was directed from the very top as it involved participation from State, DOJ, CIA, FBI, DHS and BATFE.

Folks that kind of co-ordination does not happen unless it comes from the very very top.

Mellon refused to go under the bus.

Holder is already proved to be a liar about this and has done everything in his power to stymie the investigation, the question is - is he willing to go under the bus for the next levels protection. Time will tell!

People two officers of the law died for this attempt to abridge you rights - this amounts to undeniable treason against the People, the Constitution and is a direct violation of the oath of office. This is way way bigger than Watergate where no one DIED as a result.

All I can say at this point point is the F'er in office is an absolute LIAR! regards his publicly taken oath to defend the Constitution against enemies both Foreign and domestic.

Now I am hearing rumor that an attempt may be made to limit ammunition by executive fiat (so called order) because parsing the Constitution by saying the word "arms" does not mean the TPB cannot control ammunition.

Conveniently they forget the part where it says "all powers not enumerated belong to the states and the people respectively"

Tell everyone you know outside of ATS about this issue because the MSM surely is not doing so!

This is a Paul Revere moment in our nations history. This cannot stand!

top topics

join