Question about Eastern Star

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
*LOL* is quoting the same as plagiarizing?
I have put in front of all that I have not my self written an have done so in all my posts
Stop accusing me of that!
And because I found it on hes site then it doesnt count?
Fine I can find the same facts on many other sites you are just mad that I am right.

I made a google search for the info I wanted happened to find it on hes site btw I dont judge him I havent read any of hes books yet.
But I do agree with the quotes I have taken from hes site and I knew this before I read it on hes site.

Baron Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo's Empire of the Neutral Zone

YOU can help make the difference in our "shared" world.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Cut him some slack, Alex. Son of Balder, you need to put a link under the quotes before you get warned. Im just trying to help out
no worries

And now alex...

"quote: Originally posted by DetectivePerez
Senrak said, "For Masons, the star is a symbol of Man, with the five points representing the head, the hands, and the feet."

Dear Brick wall,

Masons are not the same as sisters of the Order of the Eastern Star. The Eastern Star is an appendant body, and while some Masons may join, they use their own symbols with their own attributions."

So you do not deny the fact that Masons believe that the Pentagram resembles the head, hands and feet?

[edit on 12-8-2004 by DetectivePerez]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeonHelmet
This isnt plagiarizing!

*LOL* is quoting the same as plagiarizing?
I have put in front of all that I have not my self written an have done so in all my posts
Stop accusing me of that!
And because I found it on hes site then it doesnt count?
Fine I can find the same facts on many other sites you are just mad that I am right.

I made a google search for the info I wanted happened to find it on hes site btw I dont judge him I havent read any of hes books yet.
But I do agree with the quotes I have taken from hes site and I knew this before I read it on hes site.

From dictionary.com
plagiarism

n 1: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work 2: the act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words or ideas as if they were your own {syn: plagiarization, plagiarisation, piracy}

You made no reference to David Icke, nor his website, nothing you posted was in quote form, and therefore you plagiarized the post, it is not debatable. The content is presented in unaltered form, which exists as copyrighted web content, no links have been provided, you are therefore a plagiarist.

The Terms and Conditions of Use outlines ATS policy regarding use of existing web content.

[edit on 12/8/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
You made no reference to David Icke, nor his website, nothing you posted was in quote form, and therefore you plagiarized the post, it is not debatable. The content is presented in unaltered form, which exists as copyrighted web content, no links have been provided, you are therefore a plagiarist.

The Terms and Conditions of Use outlines ATS policy regarding use of existing web content.

While I agree and obviously it IS part of our policy here, I think it was unintentional since Neon is a new member. Neon, please just learn from this matter and move on, ok?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You could, simply because you are plagiarizing David Icke's website (have you no shame?).

David Icke - Symbolism.

And yet another violation of the Terms & Conditions of Use of ATS.
This came after the insulting remarks to AK & other members.

edit - added last sentence

[edit on 12/8/04 by Bastet]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ok then I apologizes for not linking!
I have how ever put all that I have not written myself in * meaning it is a quote.
It wont happen again.
A question, should I also link my quotes because I havent done so in a single post?

AGAIN I AM SORRY FOR NOT LINKING!

Baron Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo's Empire of the Neutral Zone

*this message brought to you by Operation **PROFANITY REMOVED** operative Egnaro !FNORD!*

[edit on 12-8-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So um masons... So you do not deny the fact that Masons believe that the Pentagram resembles the head, hands and feet?

[edit on 13-8-2004 by DetectivePerez]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DetectivePerez
So um mansons... So you do not deny the fact that Masons believe that the Pentagram resembles the head, hands and feet?

It could represent a kitchen and the four food groups.
I don't think that makes the people that wear it all overweight.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I am going away now.

i'm convinced that neonhelmet is a troll. So is Perez. I think they're working together. I'm ignoring them both from now on.

Trolls.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Cut him some slack, Alex.

Umm... I've been off paying my bills and ironing. The only slacks I have been involved with have been pressed.

And now alex...

So you do not deny the fact that Masons believe that the Pentagram resembles the head, hands and feet?

"Resembles" the head, hands, and feet? Yes, many people believe that, Masons or no. What's your deal, man? The Eastern Star does not use it that way, but that doesn't mean you can't, if you wish, in your own symbols.

P.S. I note, upon inspection, that I did not actually press any slacks during this bout of ironing. I apologise for the inadvertant dishonesty. What I'd really like now, mind you, is a pot of tea. Sadly, I have no teapot, and it is 11 PM where I am. I suppose I could boil some tea in a pan, but, I mean, come on, really... I might as well eat pie cold. It's just not right. Still... tea is a fine thing.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Theron, it Was Senrak. I am sorry. It is the same thing though since it is still coming from a mason.

Senrak said, "For Masons, the star is a symbol of Man, with the five points representing the head, the hands, and the feet."

Senrak did indeed write that, as did zzz, your apology accepted. HOWEVER, what in g-d's anme do you mean by It is the same thing though since it is still coming from a mason??? ZZZ is NOT a mason, and do you think that we all of us march in lock step? Or, perhaps, when we all write the same thing it is because it might be... gasp... the TRUTH?

Bilbo/neonhelmet... I am placing you on ignore, since you are clearly not firing on all four cylinders. I sincerely suggest we all do the same until ATS bans him.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
since you are clearly not firing on all four cylinders.

My car has four cylinders. It's a Suzuki Swift+. I'd like to take this opportunity, as I consider whether my bread in the kitchen is mouldy, or if I can make a nice set of toast and jam to go with a pan of tea, to recommend the Suzuki Swift+ to all those out there who are starting out in the car market. It's a great urban car, with excellent gas mileage. And if you get the Swift+ S, it comes with a built-in MP3 player.

P.S. I could make some tea and toast, then have a bath. A bath at 11:30 PM is odd, but I can be a little eccentric in the privacy of my own home, presumably.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

So um mansons... So you do not deny the fact that Masons believe that the Pentagram resembles the head, hands and feet?

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
It could represent a kitchen and the four food groups.
I don't think that makes the people that wear it all overweight.

Well now that it's established that we can just make it up as we go; how about the "Five Noble Varietals of Bordeaux"? For those that aren't connoisseurs, the five varietals are Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Malbec, and Petite Verdot (could be useful Jeopardy info).

p.s. This is all your fault ZZZ, as soon as you mentioned "food groups", I thought "wine pairings"...

Illuminati Wine, not just for that "Drunk With Power" feeling anymore...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I was actually thinking of the Toyota Prius... four cylinder, gas electric cars... gets 45 city and 65 highway miles per gallon... they claim. A past master in my lodge has one, and he says that he gets about 47 MPG... not bad. And its a cool looking car...

now, where are my peril sensitive sunglasses and my towel?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What? No vituperative responses about how toast is actually a symbol for the body of innocent children, jam being the blood, and tea having the foul brown / red colour of my deeply evil soul?

Well, perhaps we've risen above that. Perhaps we can have an intelligent conversation that doesn't depend on innuendo and shrill accusation? Mayhap a discussion of the facts could be in order?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
I was actually thinking of the Toyota Prius... four cylinder, gas electric cars... gets 45 city and 65 highway miles per gallon... they claim. A past master in my lodge has one, and he says that he gets about 47 MPG... not bad. And its a cool looking car...

Oooh, that sounds good. The Swift+ is quite cheap, you see, and a good starter car. But many of the hybrids seem to be even more economical.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
that seems to unfairly limit the masonic critics... I mean, that is on par with asking them to actually engage their brains before posting the vituperative tripe we have been seeing for the past couple of days from these two...

I blocked nh, at least detectiveperez is entertaining...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Well now that it's established that we can just make it up as we go; how about the "Five Noble Varietals of Bordeaux"?

Now, now. It's well known that the five points on the star represent Mozart, Vivaldi, Debussy, Philip Glass, and John Cage. (some may disagree with me on those last two
)

P.S. I misspelled "Mozart" as "Motzart." Now THAT'S tired.

P.P.S., for those who argue with Glass... I have three words: "Modern Love Waltz."

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
AK, I am making a pot of tea in your honour right now - don't feel too badly about it though, it's Twinings Earl Grey tea, & you probably don't like that variety.

Ignore sounds tempting!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"Yes, many people believe that, Masons or no."

What do you believe?

Theron you just accused me of calling ZZZ a mason which i definitely did not.

"ZZZ is NOT a mason, and do you think that we all of us march in lock step? Or, perhaps, when we all write the same thing it is because it might be... gasp... the TRUTH?"

Whose name did i have next to the quote? I believe it was Senrak's so please, stop spinning.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by DetectivePerez]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join