It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Eastern Star

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The Eastern Star = Sirius correct?

The morning star = lucifer correct?

Does the morning star = Sirius?

Set = Sirius correct?

Sat = Set correct?

Eastern Star = Satan?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ultimately, the pentagram can be traced back to being a symbol of the star, Sirius"

"Sirius is the brightest star in the heavens and is part of the constellation Canis Major"

Is the Blazing Star that Albert Identified Really the Eastern Star?

"Because of its brilliance, it was worshipped by the ancient cults of both Sumer and Egypt as a god. It was the center of the stellar tradition in Sumeria. This cult was so evil and debauched that later rulers, including the pagan pharaohs of Egypt, did everything they could to wipe it out; destroying its temples and defacing its obelisks and monuments."

So I take it this Sirius Cult was evil?

"Sirius was known to the Greeks as Sothis and to the Egyptians as Set.(5) Set is the Egyptian religion's devil,(6) and is represented as a dog-headed man."

So far, the quotes point out that Sirius is a symbol of evil.

"The magical use of the inverted pentagram is to draw the kingdom of Satan into manifestation on earth, to implement Satan's power more fully in the lives of those invoking it, and in the lives of people everywhere."

Yikes
This scares me a lot.

Did Albert Pike write this? "To find in the Blazing star of five points an allusion to Divine Providence is fanciful; and to make it commemorative of the start that is said to have guided the Magi, is to give it a meaning comparatively modern. Originally it represent Sirius, or the Dog-star, the forerunner of the Inundation of the Nile�.Then it became the image of Horus, the son of Osiris, the God of Time�.It became the sacred and potent sign or character of the Magi, the Pentalpha�."

www.holybiblesays.org...

www.mazeministry.com...

Some Post Questions:

Are masonic lodges pointed towards the East?

There is a tribe in Africa who believes their God Dagon came from Sirius. A fish is very important in their symbology. I was wondering if there is a picture of a fish or serpent in any symbols or masonic clothing etc...?

P.S. - Some Interesting Photos:

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

www.utlm.org...

So um, what's with all these inverted Five Point Stars?

[edit on 12-8-2004 by DetectivePerez]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You may have something there , but based on all your other posts on this topic I would have to say you are 100% wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Here's a thought, do some research on your own. Figure it our yourself and once you know some information make posts about it, then someone may (or may not) decide to correct your mistakes and misconceptions or discuss your accuracies with you. This isnt 20 questions and we Masons and Eastern Stars went through lots of # to attain the information we have, what makes you think we will be so forth-coming? Read read read and then read some more, then ponder , re-read, recycle and realize all that you've read, then begin to formulate theories, then re-analyze those, then form conclusions and then return ready to discuss them. This should take at least a year.

HOTEP

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DetectivePerez

There is a tribe in Africa who believes their God Dagon came from Sirius. A fish is very important in their symbology. I was wondering if there is a picture of a fish or serpent in any symbols or masonic clothing etc...?

I have seen the fish symbol attatched to the bumpers of alot of cars, do these people worship satan?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
"You may have something there , but based on all your other posts on this topic I would have to say you are 100% wrong."

Man, that sucks

"we Masons and Eastern Stars went through lots of # to attain the information we have, what makes you think we will be so forth-coming?"

Oh
I forgot, knowledge is power.

"This should take at least a year."

See I was thinking maybe with a join effort we could figure this out less than within a week...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The Eastern Star = Sirius correct?

Nope. The Eastern Star refers either to the star which led the Magi to Jesus or the Morning Star, a.k.a. Venus, to which Jesus compared himself (Revelation of St. John the Divine, 22:16)

[16] I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

The morning star = lucifer correct?

Kind of, but not really. Here's the thing. The ancient Romans called the morning star, (once again, a.k.a. Venus) Lucifer, because it immediately preceeds the light of the sun (do you see why it's called "the Morning Star?"

Now, in the Bible, there is a Babylonian king who is referred to (in the original Hebrew) as "Morning Star," because he was felt to be bright in glory and marshall victory. The Romans, naturally enough, translated that name as Lucifer when they (by which I mean St. Jerome) created the Vulgate. Later generations of people who like hysteria more than accurate understanding took the passage about the Morning Star (Isiah 14) to mean Satan... if it was about Satan, why didn't the author use the Hebrew word Satan, as is used regularly throughout the old testament? Anyway, here is the relevant portion of Isaiah, which shows pretty clearly that a king of Babylon is being referred to, and that God will punish Babylon for the sins of its king (from Isaiah 14... sorry about the length of the quote):

[5] The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.
[6] He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.
[7] The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.
[8] Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.
[9] Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
[10] All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
[11] Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
[12] How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
[13] For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
[14] I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
[15] Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
[16] They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
[17] That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
[18] All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.
[19] But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
[20] Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.
[21] Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
[22] For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.

Does the morning star = Sirius?

Nope, Venus.

Set = Sirius correct?

Nope. At least, I've never seen this anywhere reputable, or with sufficient proof.

Sat = Set correct?

Nope. Set = Seth, but that's about it.

Eastern Star = Satan?

Most definitely, sincerely, and enequivocally, NO!

Is the Blazing Star that Albert Identified Really the Eastern Star?

I assume that here, in your oh-so-endearing way, you are trying to refer direspectfully to Albert Pike? No, Bro. Pike did not "identify" the Blazing Star. It was part of Masonic ritual for about 200 years before he was born...

So I take it this Sirius Cult was evil?

I can't really say... all we have is an unattributed quote from you, which quote also involves absolutely no proof.

So far, the quotes point out that Sirius is a symbol of evil.

Yeah! Only... what a shame... the quotes are unattributed, and they contain to internal content of evidence.

Some Post Questions:

Are masonic lodges pointed towards the East?

Nope. Mine is oriented North-South. Masonic Lodges do refer to the side on which the Worshipful Master sits as "the East." So, for example, in my Lodge, the "East" is actually the South.

So wait... a fish and a serpent are the same thing? It's a good thing you don't teach biology.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why is the Eastern Star Upside Down?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Why is the Eastern Star Upside Down?

It's not "upside down." What does that even mean?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I mean in this picture here www.utlm.org...

Shown from the Salt Lake City Masonic Temple.

On a side note, I'd love to get my hands on this book

www.illinoismysterycave.com...

Mod Edit: Link.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
someplace here there is a quite lengthy thread on the pentagram. you might search it out. as far back as i know the Pentagram was and is the symbol
for venus which is also the planetary symbol for the Goddesses, Sofia, Isis,
and the Magdalene to name a few.

here is a thought maybe the pent pictured was to represent a person of the
second degree in a wiccian tradition. Quen sabe

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Post Questions:

1. There is not a tribe in Africa that worships the god Dagon. Dagon was a Philistine deity that looked like a "mer-man," i.e. half fish. The Phoenicians were a Semitic people who never penetrated sub-Saharan Africa.

2. There IS a tribe called the DOGON (Note spelling.) that lived in a remote part of sub-Sahara.

3. A pair of anthropologists (blazing a trail for Carlos Castaneda) wrote a spurious account of the religion of the Dogon, in which they claimed that the Dogon believed Sirius to have an invisible twin, a fact only proven in the late nineteenth century. One of Guarile's goals was to show that primal peoples could have a scientifically accurate world-view. His 'work' was all written AFTER the Western world's discovery of the dark twin. For more TRUE information about the Dogon's astronomy see this site:

www.geocities.com...

4. The Anthropologist tried to draw a connection between the Dogon and the Philistines, and skewed their reporting of Dogon religion to accentuate the fish.

5. I'm a master mason, and cannot remember a single reference to fish or serpents (?) in any masonic degree.

6. Set was not the only "Satan" in Egyptian mythology. Anubis is the Lord of the dead, and of evil. He has a jackal-head, which is much different than a dog head in the Egyptian worldview. I cannot think of a single Dog-headed creature from Egyptian mythology. Set is usually drawn as a man.

7. Set is NOT the same as Sothis.

8. Set and Satan are not the same either. Satan is actually not a name, but a title: "Shai-tan" means "the accuser, the prosecutor."

Did you write this whole thread just to ask about serpents in the lodge, so you could try to push the old Satanic b.s. about masonry???

[edit on 12-8-2004 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
DetctivePerez
Could it possibly be you have a facination with Satan but do not know where to start. It seems you think Mason's are all evil and are Satan loving beings gathered in a Secret Society and by trying to prove all the time that they are, you may feel this is showing your knowledge to possibly gain respect and might just become one...hmmmmmm "NOT". As I am not a mason or a satanist I do feel your deligence in finding out should lead you in the direction of the Satanic Church or even the studies of Anton Levy.

I feel they would find you a great student in thier cause by all the hard work and effort you have been trying to put in your posts.

Go get'm tiger, you might just find that horned beast somewhere... lol

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have a fascination with defeating Satan and exposing his minions. So if you can give me some answers to my questions I would appreciate it. By the way, Thank you stalkingwolf.

I am not affraid of playing with fire and getting burned. My faith is my shield that will block Satan's Arrows.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I am not affraid of playing with fire and getting burned. My faith is my shield that will block Satan's Arrows.

How do you even live day to day in such a melodramatic life? Jeez, it must be exhausting.

You still haven't explained how a star can be "right-side-up" or "upside down." Now, I'm not a member of the OES, but I can assure you, they are without a doubt, not Satanists. What, you got tired of beating up on Masons and decided that abusing women was more your style? When you're abusing my brethren, OK, maybe you're just badly misled. But when you start in on my sisters, you're just an excreble monster. What the heck is your problem?

So, in your demented mind, the Order of the Eastern Star are satanists... fine... why have you got to bother them? I don't see you bothering the Churches of Satan or Set (not that I think you should, mind you).

But the last paragraph was unnecessary because my sisters of the Eastern Star are not Satanists. Full stop, period. I don't care how many pictures of "upside-down" stars you show, or how much nonsense you write about Sirius. They simply aren't what you say they are.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just remove the inverted petagram from your buildings and I will be happy.

"The Order of the Eastern Star is a international humanitarian organization composed of women who are wives of advanced Masons. They use an inverted pentacle as their symbol."

"Some religious and spiritual groups have used the inverted pentacle.
During the 20th century, Satanists inverted the upright pentacle and adopted it as their own symbol. However, the symbol is most commonly shown with the head of a goat within the pentagram ."

Ok so I realize the Satanist Pentagram is new since the 20th century, but the Knights Templar came before the 20th century.

"The inverted pentacle with a goat's head is called the Sigl of Baphomet. The term may have come from two Greek words, baphe and metis, meaning "absorption of knowledge." It has also been called the Black Goat, Devil's Goat, Goat Head, Goat of Mendes, and Judas Goat. Its first appearance appears to have been during the vicious interrogation of members of the Knights Templar by the Christian Inquisition. There was little consensus among different victims' descriptions of the Baphomet. It can probably be safely assumed that their description of the Baphomet is more a product of the Inquisition's torture methods than of any actual statue that was in use by the Knights. "

Don't you think people would be like, "Wow, this isn't good. Maybe we should change our symbols... we don't want to be confused with Satanists."

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Just remove the inverted petagram from your buildings and I will be happy.

My sisters have absolutely no obligation whatsoever to lift the slightest finger to make you happy, you selfish little so-and-so.

I'll tell you what, stop posting any messages one the internet... never post anything in any public forum whatsoever for the rest of your time on this Earth... and not only will it make me happy, but I will never post the Eastern Star emblem on any of my stationary property (i.e. none of my houses or other real estate).

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If I was complaining that I was being called names for posting then you could give me the advice not to post. So my advice to you If you do not want to be called a Satanist is to remove all symbols that resemble satanic symbols. Its that simple.

For Dr. Strangecraft: I wrote this about the Eastern Star which is an Inverted Pentagram which Satanists adopted as their symbol.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

If I was complaining that I was being called names for posting then you could give me the advice not to post. So my advice to you If you do not want to be called a Satanist is to remove all symbols that resemble satanic symbols. Its that simple.

No, it's not. Your mudslinging isn't my fault, nor is it anyone else's but your own. YOU are the one who chooses to make insulting, abusive remarks, no-one else.

Your argument is as absurd as the one which dictates that it's OK to say whatever you want about Freemasons, because they don't tell you every secret they have. It's just blaming the victim.

Blaming the victim is what you do, DP, and it shows you for what you are... a bully.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have learned a lot from this. I have learned that I can make a society called Order of the Phallus, draw a symbol of a Phallus all over leaflets, buildings and clothes and then deny the Phallus having anything to do with sexuality. Instead I can say it has to do with love, peace and harmony. But God Forbide someone say that the Phallus represents a sexual organ... they are blubbering slanderous fools and bullying me. This is what you are teaching me Alex Kennedy.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
as i recall in the day of the KT the pentagram was called the Seal of Solomon.

here is a novel concept for you, if you dislike the display of the Pent so much dont look at it. to expect all who display it to remove it because you dont like it
is the equivelent of a muslim or pagan asking that all displays of the xian propeller be removed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join