It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bob" Hijacked my thread "Fairy Wind" - a possible human explanation for a humanoid creature suc

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
BOB is a hoax and I've made these images demonstrating why

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f625bd41f353.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/869eef69d5e0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da3ff3e3b6d5.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

good work dude. ive copied it to this thread also.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

looks like bob has hijacked your thread again
edit on 8-7-2011 by welshbeliever because: sp

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbyShaftoe

I was told by someone that the first season of the x-files was based upon ''true events''
(on of my fav episodes by the way!)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

The author I quoted was born in Northern Ireland, according to his bio on Amazon, so I assume it took place there: Author Bio

Also, for whoever thought the girl believed she was dropped by the fairy wind - it never said what she thought. The point was that she was an inbred child of incest and the whole village covered it up with the fairy story to explain her presence. She was neglected and kept away from other people and ultimately, when the brothers died, institutionalilized. Pretty sad, and I agree with the others who thought that might be the explanation for the Bob story.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The picture has been proven FAKE..no left leg below the knee also (cut and paste )
Glad the mods checked the photos..Bob is DEAD

Also the OPs URL was fro Spain not UK
I guess there is a sucker born every minute !
Sorry to say I fell for it.
Well im new so I will learn from all of this !
edit on 8-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

I'm not at all surprised that Bob was a hoax. I still think the fairy legends as cover-up for abused, malformed, or handicapped people, out in the boonies, is an interesting possible source of "creature" sightings, though.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
What about Bob?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Oh god, reality smacking my face again, i was kind of hoping this could have some truth to it. I even had some hope after seeing the obvious fake photo and still i wanted to believe! But funny though, i am so gullible
And thanks for the closure..

edit on 9-7-2011 by creatureme because: stuffs

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
How did HOAX BOB hijack your thread when you put BOB'S name in your thread to start with?????????

You wanted attention through Andrew and his imaginary BOB.
Your as silly as he and the rest of you that still believe his crap are being Ignorant to the FACTS.
How can people even consider your thread as Believable if your gullible enough to believe and continue to believe in the IMAGIARY BOB???????????????
I would tell you what i really think of you and your thread , but i dont want to be banned like BOB and his Idiot creator.

No Star Or Flag for YOU

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

One for you Meathed...............

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cdde923771f.jpg[/atsimg]

Bob says Hi !!!

PDUK

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

gwynnhwyfar

Thankyou for putting this information up and broadening our knowledge......some probably more than others...!!

The whole BOB thread, Hoax or Not was actually very interesting on a numer of levels.....

Firstly the overwheling one was ''advice'' in terms of violent action, mockery or death to the creature (if it exsisted).... That sort of concerns me because as oppossed to 'understand'' what is around us the majority of us want destruction, an end, domination of something which is not ''normall''....... I see the exact same behaviour of people towards animals and that is actually a good barometer of people's mental stability..

Secondly, I was always sceptical but maybe I gave too much credit to Andrew Rose (Original OP) and actually he sent further info on U2U (verbal) which actually started to re-inforce my belief in what he was saying.....
AR was actually quite scared..wether through a creature of unknwon origin or because of the ''monster'' of a thread that was suddenly created!!

Thirdly, for some, me included the sheer imagination and excitement of something ''strange'' being discovered was actually quite addictive and riveting... I think a few on here will agree with that...

Finally to touch on this OP's story......... again the world is a strange place and as we have evolved as a species over time then we have learn't not to fear the unknown......maybe there is a link and maybe ''BOB'' could have been someone / thing which a Late Grandfather had nurtured and loved and protected form the wider world....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by meathed

One for you Meathed...............

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cdde923771f.jpg[/atsimg]

Bob says Hi !!!

PDUK

Gday Bob, Well thanks for you showing a picture of yourself. Im sorry i doubted your existence

Thanks for the laugh PDUK

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Well... I felt my thread was hijacked because I was using The Bob story as a jumping-off place to lead in to my idea. It is, after all, what brought the personal account from the author I quoted to my mind, and made me think more about how such situations could arise in reality. Hence it was in my original title "Fairy Wind - a possible human explanation for a creature such as Bob". However, a lot of people just jumped on my thread to bag on how Bob is a hoax, so my idea lost a lot of traction. I probably should have left it out of the title in the first place. Thanks for your input.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have no idea who 'bob' is as I've just got the internet back after a move (feel like I've missed out now!) but the story you've related reminded me of changelings.

Often a child that has learning difficulties etc can develop normally initially only to show signs of developmental problems or learning disability when the child reaches 2+, in the past (certainly in Celtic areas) the parents of children with these problems would then claim that the fairies had taken their child and replaced them with a fairy child hence the term changeling.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Bob was proved to be a fake invented by an attention seeking troll, this is fact.

Yet there are still people who will actually believe in Bob
some people think that the non believers are crazy, some people.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

There are cases involving "feral children" around the world. These are the cases that are documented:

en.wikipedia.org...

If these are the ones that have been found, it stands to reason that there are countless others who have not/will not be found. I believe that many reports of "humanoid creatures" can be explained by cases like these. The people who had these encounters probably didn't understand what they were seeing, or it was dark, or they only had a brief glance. I'm not saying that there may not be a human like creature out there (or many for that matter) that have just learned to avoid us at all costs, just that many cases could be explained by these children who have been abandoned/lost/abused/orphaned. Many may have survived to adulthood without detection.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Yes, that is exactly what I was getting at. Thank you for the Wikipedia link as I read through it and now it has me interested in some of the fictional books on the subject of changelings!
edit on 30-0720117-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Forgoten_Whisper

Yes, I agree. This is exactly what I meant.

It has been a while, though, since I thought of it. I couldn't remember exactly what triggered the idea for me at the time I started the thread, but someone sent me a U2U and when responding, I realized that I was actually thinking of the (real, non-fictional) Abenaki people who I learned about in the Jodi Picoult book, "Second Glance". Here is some info about the Abenaki.
edit on 30-0720117-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join