It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEO Compensation Surpasses Pre-recession Levels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to comment on this. Presumably CEOs of the top companies have managed to "add value" during the recession. How they've accomplished that with the economy effectively lying bleeding in a ditch is beyond my understanding.

(SOURCE) Should CEOs Be Paid Like Star Athletes?

Executive compensation is a big deal. CEO compensation has not only recovered to pre-recession levels - it has surpassed it. That stings more than normal, though, given that average worker wages have been stagnant.

Damn! I wish the trickle-down economy would start working already. After 30-odd years, all the "trickle-down" I've experienced has carried a very suspicious odor!
edit on 7/7/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
I'm not sure how to comment on this. Presumably CEOs of the top companies have managed to "add value" during the recession. How they've accomplished that with the economy effectively lying bleeding in a ditch is beyond my understanding.

(SOURCE) Should CEOs Be Paid Like Star Athletes?

Damn! I wish the trickle-down economy would start working already. After 30-odd years, all the "trickle-down" I've experienced has carried a very suspicious odor!

its not your money, oh wait it is. if anyone's to blame it's bush and obama, they gave them 700 billion, which apparently, appeared out of thin air.

because all i've read and watched, every politician and reporter says america is flat broke. why doesn't obama bailout america with the same magic money. if they can come up with 700 billion, they can magically come up with 3 trillion and pay off all america's debt.

but then the illusion is broken and this make believe system gets exposed for what it is. a fraud and a system of control.

i find it funny that america can owe it self money. this happens because there is more work being done than their is money to pay for it. but money is just a paper product. it can be ordered printed, deposited and transferred to the people that it is owed to.

it really is a simple as that.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If i'm not mistaken most of those big companies have paid the money back. I could be wrong but I think i'm right.

I also don't see this as any different than running a sports team as far as talent goes. You are going to be bidding to get the top players out there to work for your company.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I submit that 'odor' is the foul, putrid stench of a system in advance stages of decomposition...

Now have a look at a few more graphs...

taxprof.typepad.com...

Artcile: It's the inequality, stupid

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
If i'm not mistaken most of those big companies have paid the money back. I could be wrong but I think i'm right.

I also don't see this as any different than running a sports team as far as talent goes. You are going to be bidding to get the top players out there to work for your company.

The very people who are responsible for creating the great recession, the fat cat wall street bastards, still have their jobs. They have no worthwhile talents. They are gambling addicted sociopaths who should be spending the rest of their miserable lives in prison. Current day American style capitalism does not reward talent. It rewards those who are corrupt to the bone and don't care that their actions impact millions of people around the world in a very negative way.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kimar

I don't suppose you have any specifics to go along with your statement so I won't bother putting you on the spot. You'll believe what you want too and place all the blame wherever you want.

I could list multiple people in that world that have lost their jobs or are in prison but you'll find some excuse to maintain your hate.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Name me one wall street banker who lost his or her job and/or put in jail due to their actions that led the the recession.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
reply to post by kro32

Name me one wall street banker who lost his or her job and/or put in jail due to their actions that led the the recession.

Bernie Maddoff

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Pfft, you're kidding me, right? Bernie had nothing to do with the recession. He's in jail because he ripped off a bunch of rich people.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It's trickling, all right. But only to people who make French wines and handbags, Italian suits, German cars and Emirati hotel employees.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Pfft, you're kidding me, right? Bernie had nothing to do with the recession. He's in jail because he ripped off a bunch of rich people.

Well be more specific than. Are you asking for anyone who's worked on Wall Street, the Heads of any corporations, only people that work for banks?

What field are you denying that anyone goes to prison in?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Gentlemen, gentlemen: Please!

Wait till I ring the bell for the next round....!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

reply to post by kro32

Well be more specific than. Are you asking for anyone who's worked on Wall Street, the Heads of any corporations, only people that work for banks?

What field are you denying that anyone goes to prison in?

I actually couldn't be any more specific. I asked: "Name me one wall street banker who lost his or her job and/or put in jail due to their actions that led the the recession."

I'll make this easy for you: there aren't any. They have gotten off scott free, while millions of families worldwide have been devastated.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kimar

online.wsj.com...

Any other questions?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Umm yeah I do. What does that have to do with causing the recession?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kimar

Catherine Kissick, 50, was the head of Colonial's mortgage-warehouse lender, a short-term lender for mortgage banks. The Securities and Exchange Commission alleged she enabled the sale of fictitious and impaired mortgage loans and securities from the unit to Taylor, Bean & Whitaker, the bank's biggest customer at the time. The agency also said she falsely characterized the securities as high-quality, liquid assets to investors.

In March, Kissick pleaded guilty to conspiring to one count of bank, wire and securities fraud, which carries a maximum prison sentence of 30 years.

"As a senior executive at Colonial Bank, Catherine Kissick helped execute one of the largest bank frauds in history," Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer said. "For years, she used her position within the bank to buy hundreds of millions of dollars in worthless assets from TBW, deceiving shareholders, investors and regulators."

I think that should be obvious but i'm throwing all this proof at you and you keep changing the rules everytime.

Specifically what are you saying led to the recession then? What companies are responsible?

Answer those and when I give you your next answer you won't be able to dodge it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Man, with all due respect you really have to become educated about what happened. The recession wasn't created because some banker defrauded a mortgage customer. It was caused by the banking elite (aka pure scum) creating an unregulated derivatives market made up of bundled mortgages being sold off as credit default swaps, colladeralized debt obligations, and other exotic financial instruments. Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, among others are the prime perpetrators of all of this bs.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kimar

So basically just what Catherine Kisseck did.

Thanks for the lively debate but I rest my case. Time to go play some video games now.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Not really. She was found guilty of selling knowingly junk securities to a client. A bad thing to do, but hardly the cause of the recession. Good try though. The recession was caused by much bigger and wide ranging systemic problems.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If I were a wealthy CEO of a company and saw;

Countless accusations of the greedy rich
Calls to tax me more
Calls to take away my hard-earned money
Blasts from social media web sites telling the world how evil I am
Attempts from the government to levy fines against my company
Attempts from the government to dictate how I pay my employees
Attempts from the government to dictate what benefits I should give my employees

Then I'd be spending NOT a dime, storing and stock-piling money, and saving for the day that government intervention ultimately destroys my company and capitalistic system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join