It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mecca Cola cashes in on anti-American sentiment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
In a rip-off of the successful Coca Cola soft drink, a Canadian entrepeneur is cashing in on anti-American sentiment around the world:

Coke is no longer it. Or at least it won't be if Tawfik Mathlouthi has anything to do with it

Mr Mathlouthi is the French entrepreneur behind Mecca Cola, a new soft drink designed to cash in on anti-American sentiment around the world.

The packaging of the rip-off brand is very similar to the original Coca Cola.
It seems that these loons cannot even be original enough to come up with their own label.

Rip-off of Coke
Of course, when presented with the faact that his product may encourage anti-American sentiment, he wimps out with the tired old ploy

"It is not my problem, it is the problem of the US administration. If they want to change anti-US sentiment they must change their policies and their double standards on human rights and politics," he said.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I found it very funny when i saw it being shown on t.v

And what i refer to as coke has many names and labels and is owned by many people he is hardly the first to do it.

And id prefer to buy this than the oringianl coca cola because of what ive heard about them.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Of course, when presented with the faact that his product may encourage anti-American sentiment, he wimps out with the tired old ploy

"It is not my problem, it is the problem of the US administration. If they want to change anti-US sentiment they must change their policies and their double standards on human rights and politics," he said.

I don't get it, why is this "wimping out"? Wish I had thought of it. It's a sure money maker. Isn't that the American way?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Wiming out in this context means abdicating all responsibilty for the conseqences of his actions. He's not man enough to accept responsibility; he's just a wimpy little person with no integrity.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Wiming out in this context means abdicating all responsibilty for the conseqences of his actions. He's not man enough to accept responsibility; he's just a wimpy little person with no integrity.

You've gotta be crappin me. This guy is resonsible for American foriegn policy? The White House set this in motion, he's just trying to make a buck.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Mecca cola has been around for a while. Some places sold it in London quite a while ago and I for one think it is great. Anything to take money away from corporations like Coca-cola who saturate the world with their horrible corporate image.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Everybody has the right to profit from sugar water and soda what is the big deal?

People love soda, I stay away from it as much as I can.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Does it come in Diet form aswell?

This bloke is making a fast buck and a political statement to boot, good luck to him.

Not sure the US Administration will take much notice though, they don't take any notice of UN resolutions and other resepected governments, how would this be any different.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You've gotta be crappin me. This guy is resonsible for American foriegn policy? The White House set this in motion, he's just trying to make a buck.

You've gotta be kidding me. We're talking about personal responsibility, not the terms he (and you) want to couch it in in order to escape it. Of course, the concept of personal responsibility comes with maturity, something some people never achieve. Thus the reason for conflicts and the need for a myriad of social laws.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
How dare other people make money off Arabs! That's our job!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't see a problem in any way. Hasn't it been US policy to spread our brand of capitalism and democracy across the world?

Bingo, this is it. I don't care. I like coke, but no one ever bashed an Italian company that makes TVs or cars.

I for one say good for him. J, I think you'd better rethink your position, you are sounding more jingoist every day. Not a bash, but a friendly suggestion.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wouldn't have anything to do with Coke being a Jewish company, hmm?

I remember in Saudi, you simply couldn't buy it, hehe...just Pepsi and Miranda....(I know, most are going.....Miranda???
)

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sorry , but I just do not get how this will help to Increase Anti-USA feeling.

He is making money by exploiting Anti-Americanism, not encouraging it. The name of the brand does not suggest Anti-Americanism in any way.

He may be taking money away from an American Corporation, but so what? Coca-Cola makes huge profits and won't notice the tiny drop in sales this may cause.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I can see the commercial now

Osama Bin Laden: When on the run from US special forces, the only cola that keeps me going is Mecca Cola :gulp gulp gulp: Ah, Praise Allah.
Narrator: Mecca Cola, Praise Allah Mecca Cola is not affiliated with Mecca WMDs.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's silly, but it's far less slly than the whole "let's rename French foods" fad that happened when Chirac didn't sign up to the Coalition.

Of course, the funniest thing was that French Fries and French Toast are neither of them French, but hey, it made it more enjoyable for everyone.

The best was watching people pouring out hundred dollar bottles of French wine in the streets. Of course, they'd already bought the wine, so who suffers?

Haha.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
I can see the commercial now

Osama Bin Laden: When on the run from US special forces, the only cola that keeps me going is Mecca Cola :gulp gulp gulp: Ah, Praise Allah.
Narrator: Mecca Cola, Praise Allah Mecca Cola is not affiliated with Mecca WMDs.

Hah!
As I was scrolling I was thinking the same thing. Of course now, there will have to be some muslim cola competition to Mecca Cola. Here's a few ideas:

Dr. Jihad
Mount Ararat Dew
Anti-Semetic UP

Then of course this could lead into the Juice/sport drinks:

Al Quaedadorade
Pro-Islam-pel
Allahmonade

This is a gold mine!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hezbollah-cola?

Gator-AlQaeda-ade?

Ginger Ale-a-Akbar?

Yeah this is fun.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'd take some Allamonade. Something about it sounds tasty.

Personally, I think it's a harmless little business venture. I agree he's not encouraging Anti-US views, and to me Coke is a shameless worldwide corporation that'll do anything to make a buck. Too bad I drink so much Sprite, or I'd hate them with a passion. I mean, "Obey your thirst?" after a while, it just sinks into the subconcious.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verdis Quo
I'd take some Allamonade. Something about it sounds tasty.

Personally, I think it's a harmless little business venture. I agree he's not encouraging Anti-US views, and to me Coke is a shameless worldwide corporation that'll do anything to make a buck. Too bad I drink so much Sprite, or I'd hate them with a passion. I mean, "Obey your thirst?" after a while, it just sinks into the subconcious.

Then there's the soft drink for the women:

Spight - "Obey your husbands"

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh, what happens to a thread when you sleep. Thanks for the morning chuckle guys. That was good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join