It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Major U.S Offensive Begins In Najaf

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well the title is right. The new invasion of Najaf is offensive, so offensive that 16 members of the coalition council has resigned in protest and the governor of Basra has announced that he is about to join Sadr's army. You can get the details at Aljazeera.net/english/home.
When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You cant have a nut hold a city hostage forever we had to go in. We learned in falluja what happens if you don't go into the city it turns into a insurgent heaven. We have to kill Al-saders militia and either kill or capture him.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
i'm with westpoint on this one al-sadr isn't even a real cleric and is only got support because he is young and angry and fights with arms not words. What kind of religious leader does that?

go coalition! just be nice to the iraqi civvies no matter what coz they'll hate you anyway.
Good to see the Iraqi National Guard in on it so it it legit.

Though I don't agree with the US governments shady oil connections now in Iraq I believe the interim govt is the right way to go and al-Sadr creating violence to disrupt democracy and the rebuilding process is wrong. I hope they get him and put him on trial as the fake he is.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yeah al sader is not religious leader he tells hi militia to go out and fight to the death while he is hiding in a religious manqu� full with weapons. If he was a real religious cleric he would not use one of the holiest mosques as a hiding place for him weapons
He even used he graveyard as a battle ground thank god we took it back.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I guess people should hold onto there gold stocks for another day. Maybe I can buy Euros a little cheaper today. Putin on the Ritz should be playing on some loudspeakers durring the battle. Oh, that's Puting on the Ritz. Next thing you know AMDOCS will be run by a Gay Ex Jersey Govenor's lover. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. I got my gun and I'll fire at will. AC/DC, agianst Christ, Defender of Christ...Hmm must not matter when some one needs oil. Hell, you can fly your buddies out da country and then poo poo them even though you got what you needed. Pearl FRKN Harbor. What a mess. We should have given those antichrist bastards a job that paid. If ya have a Camero in the garage it's just like 300 virgins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join