It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do criminals go free while innocents get jailed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Why is it that child killers, rapists, serial murderers, and Wall Street thieves go free while innocents are rotting in jail? After watching the Casey Anthony case I find this a madness. What will be the solution to this problem?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Why is it that child killers, rapists, serial murderers, and Wall Street thieves go free while innocents are rotting in jail? After watching the Casey Anthony case I find this a madness. What will be the solution to this problem?

It's whoever can afford the best lawyer. Innocents live by the law, paying their taxes and are middle to lower class. Criminals are cashed up..can afford the best...

The solution...have fun with that one.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Not necessarily. There are plenty of criminals who are poor or middle class; but it's true that most of our prison population consist of drug and/or non-violent offenders. I believe that the wealthy are prone to be criminal or hypocritical because of the money/power trip. Sadly, the rich have a much better chance of getting off on any crime, violent or not. Look at the corporate monster Mozila who took 600 million in foreclosure fraud, and got off scott free by paying the justice system 40 million of that. It seems for the system to be incorruptible is just pie in the sky. Money corrupts. Period.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nope..there really is no REAL justice in this world, though there is some forms of it from time to time.

Its a hypocritical , corrupted world, from the top down....and I can only hope there is some sort of soul karma or retribution to pay for those who are very guilty of atrocious crime....though the greatest reward would be for them to realize fully what they have done, and be sincerely sorry , and willingly want to make restitution. Maybe that can happen with karma and different lives? I don't know. ....all I know is there is no justice here for the majority.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

After watching the Casey Anthony case I find this a madness

After watching the trial I thought the exact opposite I was thinking for a while that the courts were becoming messed up and after this I said justice was served. Why are you mad??

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
To answer your title question,it is because the criminals run the legal system ! It is that simple.
Not familar with the case you are refering too, have seen all the ATS thread titles on it though.Will look into it later.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The whole system of justice has got a lot of problems. Incarceration is ineffective with rehabilitation and does promote career criminals. Non disclosure, limited liability and a whole host of other conflicts of interest can mask the truth. Access to resources is a large determining factor in the ability to cheat the system. The review of judicial process is an ongoing struggle with a lot of complexity in the system. A stronger focus does need to be made to get to the truth, but any chain is only as good as its weakest link and there are a lot of links in the system.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Obviously, the prosecution failed to convince the jury beyond the shadow of reasonable doubt. Like OJ, she's still guilty in the public eye.

My money's on some whack-job taking her out soon though.

I kind of stayed away from the case and all the hype, but I think I'm intrigued enough to actually delve into it, and see for myself what the evidence says. For example, I remember allegations of duct tape, etc., and if so, that would certainly be a huge hole in Casey's version of events.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

she's still guilty in the public eye

How could that be? How could she possibly be guilty in the public eye still?

Thank you main stream media for offering us a conviction before the trial even started...thank you Nancy Grace for all your expertise in prosecution and offering you opinion to millions that dial in on your shows and listen to your crap. Thank you CNN, FOX, HLN, etc...your news reporting gave us all the facts to convict and kill a person that a jury could not find enough evidence to convict.

Why is she guilty in the public eye? Because that is what you were told...that is your pill...take it like a good boy and swallow it all down...there...don't you feel better now?

Instead of wondering why this woman wasn't crucified...why not think about how you came to believe she should be in the first place...ask yourself how a jury could free such a obviously guilty killer...how could this happen? Maybe...just maybe...she is not guilty...you just swallowed the pill and didn't think to ask what it was!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Asking a jury to sentence someone to death on circumstantial evidence would be the real woe in this matter. Perhaps the Prosecutor should be blamed for not building a better case.

It is better to free one guilty person than to execute one innocent.

Me thinks it is the MSM that needs to be tried.

And at the end of the day the circus will find a new act to spotlight and that poor little baby girl will be all but forgotten a week from now.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Incarceration is big business, and like any other business, it's all about the profitablity.
It's easier and cheaper to process docile non-violent offenders than truly dangerous criminals.

top topics

join