It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've emailed about this 3 times but get no response.

I have had the chat feature work twice. All the other times, I only get a window open with a grey screen. A few times, I get to the initial terms and conditions screen, click "agree" and go to ... a grey screen. I run Firefox 5.0 but the problem occurs in IE as well (tried it to ensure it wasn't a browser issue).

Any help or insight would be appreciated.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Scytherius because: Typo. Had "U" instead of "I"

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

Okay...I just tried it and it works fine for me...it does take a second to load (actually about 8 seconds)...but it works fine...I am using IE so maybe try it again and give it a little bit to load...the screen does stay grey for a few seconds but then it fires right up...

Other than that...I don't know!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
it also works fine for me, I wish I had more suggestions for you but all I can think of are the basics

delete temporary internet files
restart your browser
restart your computer

good luck! hope someone comes along and helps you more - and I'll look forward to seeing you in chat

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
the chat does not work properly as i have also been told open I.E. for chat and use your regular browser (Moz/Op) for the net....obviously i roflmao when i was told this....

p.s. if your not running original os then you need to correct the clock on the system but once in revert it to your previous time setting.
edit on 8-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
on a side note i just posted this thread here - www.abovetopsecret.com... - this gives you a step by step on how to get ATS Chat working with firefox

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
as posted above, i followed the steps and it worked

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Thanks all for the help!! Gonna try it now. =)

top topics

join