It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions & Prophecies Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
While I have posted my concerns regarding the recent decsion to change the nature of the Predictions & Prophecies forum found below, I felt it appropriate to equally raise my concerns here as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As a new member of ATS, I am disappointed by the decision to move member predictions to BTS. While I agree the forum often contained silly doom and gloom member �predictions�, I nonetheless found them entertaining and sometimes found a few that were quite thought provoking.

Frankly, I don�t get why BTS would be a more appropriate location given the nature of the forum topics there. Seems to me you�re missing your target audience. The attraction and power of ATS is that it aggregates discussion of topics normally out of the mainstream. BTS, on the other hand, serves a more generic and mainstream purpose. I fail to understand how �I have a bad feeling�.� is any different from �I saw this strange creature�� to �I saw flashing lights in the sky�� found in the other forums at ATS.

In my view, by locating Member Predictions in BTS you are far more likely to offend members who otherwise exclusively frequent BTS for its more mainstream discussions. Moreover, you equally subject honest members who wish to otherwise share their �predictions� to a member class not as open to such expressions of thought.

If you are truly interested in bifurcating such member predictions from discussions of more �traditional� prophesies, then why not create an additional Members Prediction Forum located at ATS?

For a site whose mantra is to �Deny Ignorance�, I feel you have unwittingly abused that notion. I hope you will reconsider your decision accordingly.

Was this change really necessary? As indicated, I hope you will reconsider.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It's decided, so get over it!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rai76

are you trying to "end" this possible debate!? why that interest?

first- that fact that was decided, don't mean that it is "not "changeble.
second- nothing is "perpetual"!, what the man made, can be unmade again, and again.
third- besides that we can evenctualy "get over it", dosen't mean that the subject can't be debated anymore.

you are so easy in "get over it" too, with a possible extreme bad choise that evenctualy your government can do against you?!
i don't think that the correct actitude towerd "bad moves" is just shutt up, and run! people must always "fight" for what they belive.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
First of all there's already another thread going on.

that one ended 2 days ago, so there's pretty much everything been said.

Second I totally agree with their decisision.

So if your not happy with it, at least go on the thread above mentioned.

[edit on 12/8/2004 by rai76]

[edit on 12/8/2004 by rai76]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I�m impressed by your intellectual argument against continued debate on this topic. I find its tone and depth quite persuasive and representative of the good nature you must regularly deploy in your social interactions with others.

First of all there's already another thread going on.

A point I was careful to point out in my first post. However, given that THIS forum is about �Board Questions & Business�, I felt it appropriate to open the debate on the topic in this location. My comments on the decision are not so much in favor of keeping member predictions where they originally were, but rather that they should not be incorporated with the more mainstream forums in BTS. This is the more appropriate place to have such a discussion raised, particularly since it is more likely to include ATS members beyond those who simply were concerned about the specific forum in question.

that one ended 2 days ago,

Short of a thread being removed, I was not aware that your simple unannounced determination indicated when a thread discussion should end. Moreover, the mere fact that I added to the discussion clearly indicates otherwise.

so there's pretty much everything been said.

I did not see my specific concerns, or rationale against, placing member predictions in BTS mentioned in prior posts to the thread. I would not have �added� to the discussion if I had. If, in fact, I missed this point being made earlier in the thread, then I apologize for my poor diligence. The obvious solution would be to merely ignore my post altogether, then.

Second I totally agree with their decisision.

Good for you, but perhaps others don�t.

So if your not happy with it, at least go on the thread above mentioned.

I think I have sufficiently explained my reason for opening the thread here. Moreover, I was careful to disclose the fact that a similar discussion was taking place at the original location.

Enough said.

Edit: Mindless mispellings...
[edit on 12-8-2004 by loam]

[edit on 12-8-2004 by loam]

new topics

top topics

join