It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Picture Taken from Cell Phone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is a picture of my friends sister. Behind her is the dead wife of her husband / the dead mother of her stepdaughter. They say they feel her presence all the time and are happy she is around.

I have actually seen the picture in the cell phone and as you can see it was uploaded it to facebook as a mobile upload. For privacy reasons I cut out the bottom part showing her name when I took the screenshot but thats it. (I know somebody will complain about that too but Im not going to give you her name)

debunkers have fun with this one but its going to be hard to claim photoshop when its a mobile upload and I have seen it in the phone with my own two eyes

i916.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

was it an iphone?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by readytorevolt
debunkers have fun with this one but its going to be hard to claim photoshop when its a mobile upload and I have seen it in the phone with my own two eyes

Not really. She could have tweaked the original photo and took a picture of her computer screen with her phone and then uploaded it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Wow thats a creepy face. I suppose most people would say its an actual person, maybe of the emo variety judging by her dark eyes and complexion. There doesnt seem to be any transparency there either. Do you have any other photos of the aforementioned deceased that we can compare this to?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

was it an iphone?

Looks like it...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thats an interesting photo.

The ghost almost looks like she's blended into the background. But she's not transparent like I thought ghosts always looked like

And yea a photo of the deceased ....like a funeral photo, would help.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Can you please provide an image of "the dead wife of her husband / the dead mother of her stepdaughter" while she was still alive.

This is quite a haunting image, one of the best of it's kind that I have seen! Thanks for sharing!

link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

EXACTLY what I was thinking....

link   
There are plenty of apps on a phone that can do that.

I'm not impressed at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

A few things:

1) It couldn't be one of those iPhone apps, as the applications impose the image at front, not behind, the image, meaning that it wouldn't go behind her hand.

2) It looks as if it could be some cardboard cut out/poster on the blinds, that she is covering with her hand, making it look as some kinda ghostly face is behind.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hmm, you make valid points.

Except her body is kind of transparent below her neck so you actually see it but its see through.

So I think that rules out the cutout idea?

Originally posted by vanhippi

A few things:

1) It couldn't be one of those iPhone apps, as the applications impose the image at front, not behind, the image, meaning that it wouldn't go behind her hand.

2) It looks as if it could be some cardboard cut out/poster on the blinds, that she is covering with her hand, making it look as some kinda ghostly face is behind.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen

Originally posted by HomerinNC

was it an iphone?

Looks like it...

ah, i see you beat me to it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yeah sorry but its app for iphone/android

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Sorry but im not familiar with these apps for iphones etc. So, which picture is the original shot? The lady in front or the "apparition" in the background?

Edit: After google i am now a little wiser as to how the ghost capture apps work. But im not too sure about this looking like one of them
edit on 7-7-2011 by Johnny76 because: google

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I had no idea there was any smart phone ghost ap but Im sure that it would be easy to point out where it was used for our photoshop pros. Trust me this friend is not the techno type. I can safely say that there is no way she would know such a tool even is out there let alone how to use it. She is a party girl not a computer girl.

It would also be in real bad taste for her to make up this up using the dead mother of her new family member as the ghost. and many other family members have the same story as her.

as for other pictures I would have to ask them first as I wouldnt want to infringe on their privacy more than I might have already done.

If there is enough interest over this I will do my best to dig some more. They say they have other strange pictures they havent uploaded yet. So I might be able to get my hands on those along with other pictures of the ghost when she was still alive.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by readytorevolt
If there is enough interest over this I will do my best to dig some more. They say they have other strange pictures they havent uploaded yet. So I might be able to get my hands on those along with other pictures of the ghost when she was still alive.

Please do that. It'd be awesome.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

It is without doubt a very interesting picture. I personally dont think its any of the well known image tricks around today. It just seems too solid and present. Please add some more if you can

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
Except her body is kind of transparent below her neck so you actually see it but its see through.

Open Photoshop/Gimp, use the pen tool and anchor points to paste the image in the picture while zooming to get a near perfect cut-out around the hand/head of the "living" person. Set opacity to 30% or so and voila.

Transferring the picture to your iPhone/phone isn't difficult at all. Email it to yourself, edit it and email it back and save it to your pictures on your phone.

I'm a firm believer in ghosts just so that's said. But editing a picture isn't difficult. But a little more of a back story to this would be great. Like if the girl looks like anyone you all know of.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In the comments left for that picture the brother and sister of the ghost are saying that its her and collaborating the story my friend tells. So the ghosts own family members recognize her

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Can you give more information my friend?

Such as time, date and location even. Just some basic information really that im sure wont infringe any privacy

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join